On the unequal probability of a price move up or down - page 46

Grigori.S.B:

There is always a stop loss. This is the size of the deposit.

Tell that to the trader who lost all his flat and his wife on the Moscow exchange ))

Aleksey Mavrin:
Well maybe you can explain what the TS is trading, what is the pattern? Assumptions:
1. Euro to pound always in a flat position
2. TC himself doesn't understand what

I vote for both at a 1:1 ratio.

khorosh:
I have come to the conclusion that it is better to trade a divergence rather than a convergence.

And how do you determine the direction of future divergence?

RomFil:

I'm also thinking about the stop - how do you define it? What are the considerations? On the rate of return - there will be a reduction in potential profit. By the trawl - the same thing. So far, I see that we should stop at the risk of the deposit. For example, we risk only 10% on one entry with 1-2 fillings from the initial proportion - this is a stop loss of 10% of the deposit.

Looking at the history a strong increase in the difference is not common. And this happens for the pound and the euro mainly in the European session. The dollar rules in the US and it usually influences both instruments almost equally. This method is protected from the strong movements of the dollar by counter-direction of open positions.

Regards, RomFil.

10% is a loss per one pair trade, if both go wrong it will give you a chance to try again 9 times).

Martingeil:

10% - losses from one paired trade, if both go wrong, there will be an opportunity to try and enter 9 more times ;)

You're a good mathematician.

Martingeil:

10% - losses from one paired trade, if both go wrong, there will be an opportunity to try 9 more entries ;)

Wrong! If both go wrong, there is no way that can happen. This is a system with 100% correct trades!

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You're a good mathematician.

I got a 2 in maths ;)

Aleksey Mavrin:
Wrong! If both go wrong it cannot be so. This is a system with 100% correct trades!

That's what I mean, everybody knows that the most important thing in our life as traders is to have more attempts to enter the market, because statistics show that 50% of transactions will be unprofitable for newbies.

Grigori.S.B:

And how do you determine the direction of the future divergence?

No one knows the future, only Vanga did). We enter when we see that a divergence has begun. What do you mean by divergence direction? There are always two directions. One pair is down, the other is up.

It was very interesting to read the thread these days without getting involved while my couple of trades were in some negative territory. Especially those who resented the idea that I would be able to close all trades in profit. However, at the moment a couple of trades opened last Friday are out of deficit and staying around zero. It is possible to close, without loss, but also without profit. However, we will wait for the profit. We will look at how this week went on the charts later.
Reason: