Points VS Pips - page 137

Sad...

The best theorists are leaving before they have mastered the practice.

Practitioners don't make friends with theory.

It's sad.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Not a count, but a prince.

Oil is quoted in 2 digits -- i.e. in the example above in MT, oil is quoted with increased precision

Or in your favorite interpretation -- the figure for oil -- the dollar -- and 1 pip = 1% of the dollar

No, might be wrong though, just looked at the mini futures contract, there are three digits there.

Files:
111.PNG  51 kb

I can't believe there are already 137 pages on this microscopic issue!

Roman:

Sergey, let me figure out which software to use on my own. ))
MT has long supported exchanges.

I don't mind and I'm not pointing, I'm just curious.

OFFTOP

I've chosen an engine for an online shop in my time. There are a lot of CMS, both paid and free. I installed many of them, looked how they were... I was highly recommended WordPress, but familiarity with it has disappointed me. Well, it's not like that (as I wanted), everything is not right. But Joomla went right on the fly. And I didn't bother with "wrong" CMS and I certainly didn't prove to anyone that it's a flaw...

That's what I was wondering, what are the considerations for using what you think is wrong?

EndOFFTOP

Алексей Тарабанов:

Now for the trivia: The word pips does not exist in the Russian language. Agreed. Our traders prefer the word point, but the English-speaking audience has another point, equal to 100 pips. Therefore, our compatriots, in order to avoid confusion, have renamed a pip a figure, and a pip a point.

Our people prefer the fashionable (for them) "pip". However, as the branch showed, it is not only fashionable, but even more incomprehensible.

In order to avoid confusion, they called melon a pumpkin, pumpkin a rutabaga, rutabaga a pukla... And again, they named it, they use it, they are confused, but they point out where it is wrong in those who use their software. Look at that - everyone writes his own rule of what is a pip. And everyone is terribly sure of his rule. And where there are inconsistencies, it's the wrong bees...

Сергей Таболин:

I don't mind and I'm not pointing, I'm just curious.

OFFTOP

I've chosen an engine for an online shop in my time. There are a lot of CMS, both paid and free. I installed many of them, looked how they were... I was highly recommended WordPress, but familiarity with it has disappointed me. Well, it's not like that (as I wanted), everything is not right. But Joomla went right on the fly. And I didn't bother with "wrong" CMS and I certainly didn't prove to anyone that it's a flaw...

That's what I was wondering, what are the considerations for using what you think is wrong?

endOFFTOP

The mt5 terminal is a financial mathematical and algorithmic tool that requires precision in everything. In calculations, in terminology, glitch-free, etc.
The terminal was originally designed for forex, but it entered the stock markets a long time ago, and there is a completely different terminology in the real markets, you know.
I think if the terminal has become a multi-market one, then the software should look similar, i.e. universal.
The software is being actively developed, the developers think first of all about stability and speed, but they are slowly adding new functionality.
The work doesn't stand still, builds fly out of the oven like hotcakes.
And we, as users, help them, take part, express our opinions, and hopefully someone's opinion will be heard and implemented.

Алексей Тарабанов:

You're just used to your customers being less qualified than you, so you're spoilt. It's unlikely that you've received a single order from someone you want to learn something from. Something in which you are still weaker than he is, and would like to become stronger, so that you could say afterwards: Thank you, Georgy Petrovich, without you I would not have made it.

Let me repeat: I can make any whim for my clients. And I did. And we have not had any disagreements on wording. I simply ask and clarify what he means. And there has never been a misunderstanding with a customer.

Believe me, I know many of your concepts. If I don't use them in communication, that doesn't mean I don't know.

I just always bring them to the same denominator. For myself. I don't strain a person with unnecessary terms.

And here they're trying to load me up with their terms. Slang, concepts.

You guys have your own notions, but to organize them for you - you have to use what is in MQL to calculate them. You don't have to know about them, but if you look in the documentation, see a familiar word, and realise that it does not fit your ideas, and you want it rewritten - you don't have to do this - it's not for you. You don't need to tell a mechanic what to do, so that he doesn't tell you where to go. Sound familiar? I'm not talking about you - I'm being abstract.

Roman:

The mt5 terminal is a financial mathematical and algorithmic tool that requires precision in everything. In calculations, in terminology, in glitch-free, etc.
The terminal was originally designed for forex, but long ago it made its way to the stock markets, where the terminology is completely different, in real markets, you see.
I think if the terminal has become a multi-market one, then the software should look similar, i.e. universal.
The software is being actively developed, the developers think first of all about stability and speed, but they are slowly adding new functionality.
The work doesn't stand still, builds fly out of the oven like hotcakes.
And we, as users, help them, take part, express our opinions, and hopefully someone's opinion will be heard and implemented.

MetaTrader5 was originally designed only for the stock exchange. Ithas only a netting system for position accounting.

The terminal has been added with a hedge - for forex - through the efforts and pleas of those who are now telling us what a cool stock trader they are.

Artyom Trishkin:

MetaTrader5 was originally designed for the stock exchange only. Itonly had a netting system for accounting positions.

The terminal has been added with a hedge - for forex - through the efforts and pleas of those who are now telling us what a cool stock trader they are.

You are referring to abstractions, aren't you? ))
I'll refer to abstracts, too )

Roman:

Well, you're referring to abstractions, aren't you? ))
I'll refer to abstracts, too )

"Wha-ha" yawning...

Reason: