How often do you get good ideas in freelancing? - page 9

Aleksei Stepanenko:

It is better to learn it yourself. It is not complicated. That is one advantage.

No, being a good programmer is very difficult. Just as it is to be a good trader and to combine the two, you have to be a genius. That's why they invented the division of labour, one studies trading, one studies programming, and one studies mathematics. Mathematics is also not difficult up to a certain point.

Igor Makanu:
In my experience, it takes four to six months to get from scratch,

Yeah, you're right, and it's worth it.

Maxim Romanov:

That's what the division of labour was invented for,

Yes, I agree. It's all a question of the amount of work. But if the work is frequent, it's better to study it yourself.

Yevhenii Levchenko:

Why not learn mql4 yourself? It's a week's worth of work... I learned the basics after Oleg Antonyuk's publications....

The main thing is not to overdo it... I mean, don't overdo it... :)

Who am I going to pay money to then?) It's not hard to repair a car, but you trust the car service for some reason. And it's not hard to fix teeth in general... It only takes five minutes, the darkness is removed with an abrasive, the hole is fixed...

I spend 5-6 hours a day studying the markets, 5 days a week, with maths on the way... if you put programming in there, it's no good. You have to work with a team, everyone does their own thing. I read the forum, so many subtleties in programming... People write things I never would have thought of.

Maxim Romanov:

Who am I going to pay money to then?)) It's not hard to repair a car either, but for some reason you trust the car service. And teeth in general are not difficult to treat... It only takes five minutes, the darkness is removed with an abrasive, the hole is fixed...

i spend 5-6 hours a day studying the markets, 5 days a week, i have to do maths on the way... if you put programming in there, it's no good. You have to work with a team, everyone does their own thing. I read the forum, so many subtleties in programming... People are writing things I never would have thought of.

This is the first time I've met someone from a forum with whom I agree...

Maxim Romanov:

No, being a good programmer is very difficult

it's not

There is an opinion that there are some innate skills in people, I do not agree with it, at least my life experience confirms it, as a child I changed 9 schools and saw different children, in total it turns out that I was in a team of 300 people at different times ))))

when i look back now, i can recall only 5 or 6 people at the most who stood out from the crowd, not just excellent students - i was an excellent student and saw no problem with that, but talented ones, i saw a guy who solved a fractions problem after he had written the condition, while i had to solve it for 15 minutes, I saw another guy come to the blackboard 5 minutes after the beginning of the history lesson and after answering his homework, he answered the current material of the lesson - most of it was retold, he could not know what would happen today, there were two textbooks, and the kid was very erudite, I think in the 8th grade it was all...

Well, what's the point of it all? In most cases people fall into 3 groups according to their capabilities, those about whom I wrote above - they are one, then a large group, and 20% of them, alas, failed and Failing grades, for various reasons ((((

i.e. all have the same capabilities but you need either a stimulus or an interest in programming, nothing without it, the rest is a question of time, technique and practice

imho, if you are not in the 20% of underachievers, it is possible, if you can not, then you spend too little time or you do not need it - you have other things on your mind

Maxim Romanov:

Who will I pay the money to then?)

I'm certainly not persuading you. Your views, your right. But constant code changes usually take place in the signal generation logic. All other blocks are rarely changed, and a large part of the code can be left untouched for a long time. And it is the work with the signal that should be on a "short footing": idea - code - tester - result - your solution. All the steps of writing this part of the code are not as complicated as they may seem from the outside. The advantages are speed, even apart from the money.

Igor Makanu:

it's not like that

That's right!

Igor Makanu:

That's not true.

there is an opinion that there are some innate skills in people, i do not agree with it, at least my life experience confirms it, as a child i went to 9 schools and saw different children, in total it turns out that i was in a group of 300 people at different times ))))

when i look back now, i can recall only 5 or 6 people at the most who stood out from the crowd, not just excellent students - i was an excellent student and saw no problem with that, but talented ones, i saw a guy who solved a fractions problem after he had written the condition, while i had to solve it for 15 minutes, I saw another guy come to the blackboard 5 minutes after the beginning of the history lesson and after answering his homework, he answered the current material of the lesson - most of it was retold, he could not know what would happen today, there were two textbooks, and the kid was very erudite, I think in the 8th grade it was all...

Well, what's the point of it all? In most cases people fall into 3 groups according to their capabilities, those about whom I wrote above - they are one, then a large group, and 20% of them, alas, failed and Failing grades, for various reasons ((((

i.e. all have the same capabilities but you need either a stimulus or an interest in coding, nothing without it, the rest is a question of time, technique and practice

imho, if you are not in the top 20% of underachievers, it's possible, if you can't, you may not have enough time or you don't need it - your head is full of other things.

That's what we're talking about, the brain is ungrown (according to current thinking) and you can teach it to do anything, you just take it and do it, the question is how many iterations. If I had infinite time and infinite memory and infinite intelligence, then I would learn all the human sciences, but the average intelligence, memory is finite, time is limited, I'd better spend this time on market research, and the remaining time on business development. The issue is not that I can't learn programming, it's about priorities. I could do it, but I won't, because there are people who have already done it, so why not take advantage of a person's qualifications.

In my opinion, there is a big problem in Russia, in that people don't want to combine their skills. I know how to do it, you know how to do it, together we know twice as much. You can be good at everything and bad, or you can be good at one thing but be the best. And the point is that you cannot be a bad trader. You are either the best or fodder in the market.

Maxim Romanov:

Right, like the German labour market. Otherwise we have Danila Kozlovsky who dances and sings and shoots and shoots all at once and is better than everyone else, but no one in the world knows him

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I'm certainly not persuading you. Your views, your right. But constant code changes usually take place in signal generation logic. All the rest blocks are rarely changed and you may not touch much of the code for a long time. And it is the work with the signal that should be on a "short footing": idea - code - tester - result - your solution. All the steps of writing this part of the code are not as complicated as they may seem from the outside. The advantages are speed, even apart from the money.

That's right!

No, that's not how easy it works. It's that simple if you go in by indicators, throw 10 of them in and optimise the parameters. You adjust them according to the history, change the indicator and you are happy. If so, then yes, it's simple.

I can do simple things like that without mql, write any indicator in Excel, load data into it and run it through the history. The complications come much further. When you need to work with gigabytes of history and do it quickly.

For example, the most basic thing in trading that you need to know:"what is a trend" - can you define it? Without this base you cannot make money in the market in principle (unless you are an arbitrageur or HFT). I've spent my time and I know what a trend is, I can formalize it, I can make an algorithm for trend detection, and all this without programming. I don't know programming, but I know what a trend is and a programmer, using my algorithm, will write a program for MT5, which will visualize a trend for me. While he is busy, I will think about how I can earn from the trend and create a new algorithm. Then when I have a set of algorithms, I will make a robot and give it back to him for modification so that another Expert Advisor engaged in refraction can improve the performance of my algorithm. While people are refactoring, I'll work on increasing profitability... Isn't that more efficient?

Reason: