Suggestions for promoting the MT5 platform to the masses - page 8

Evgeny Belyaev:

Answer me this question: what is the point of trading?

The way I see it, it's about profits!

Profit can be earned on any platform!

I'm not going to argue.

But the future is MT5. I think so ...

Реter Konow:
I will not argue.

But the future is still in MT5.

The future is all a blur. Does the word future have a time frame or does it go to infinity?

In about 3 years, with the right marketing the number of users of MT5 and MT4 will equalize, and after that MT4 will slowly die out....

Then the MT4 will be closed and it will be MT6, and they will praise it on https://www.mql6.com and say that MT5 is full of shit.

Evgeny Belyaev:

Profit can be earned on any platform!

I think most of them earn with the help of indicators and expert advisors written on 4.

There are many people who write programs on 4, even without remuneration (for free), it is often seen on different forums, while I have not seen such a thing on 5.

By 4ka all used to, as mentionedRetag Konow , and almost any simple idea which one would like to just take and immediately check it is very easy to write, using tried and tested patterns for 15-20 minutes.

I'm not saying that the 5ka is difficult, those who at least somewhat know the 4 it can be mastered in a month. But most will say: But I do I need to lose so much time, if what I need to do for these very 15-20 minutes?

But if you simplify things as much as possible, then my opinion would be the case. (I spoke about the converter in the posts above).

Evgeny Belyaev:

The future is all a blur. Does the word future have a time frame or does it go to infinity?

If you do the marketing correctly, in 3 years the number of users of MT5 and MT4 will equalize, and after that MT4 will slowly die out....

Then the MT4 will be closed and MT6 will be promoted on https://www.mql6.com and they say that MT5 is full of shit.

Here's what I'm thinking...

The specific number of the language and platform does not matter.

What matters is the concept behind the development.

Answer the question: how different are the concepts of MT4 and MT5? If their essence is not clearly separated, what is the point of switching from one to the other?

The concept of MT5 is still crystallising and when the process is over, MT4 will leave us forever. ))

(I love to philosophise :))

Vladimir Gribachev:

But most will say: Why should I waste so much time if I can do what I need to do in 15-20 minutes?

I say I don't need it. It takes 3-4 times as much time. For a quick test of a trading idea MT4 is the best option.

Vladimir Gribachev:

I think most of them earn with the help of indicators and expert advisers written on 4.

I have seen many people writing programs on 4Q even without any remuneration (for free), it is often seen on different forums, but I haven't seen it on 5Q.

By 4ka all used to, as mentionedRetag Konow , and almost any simple idea which one would like to just take and immediately check it is very easy to write, using tried and tested patterns for 15-20 minutes.

I'm not saying that the 5ka is difficult, those who at least somewhat know the 4 it can be mastered in a month. But most will say: But I do I need to lose so much time, if what I need to do for these very 15-20 minutes?

But if you simplify things as much as possible, then my opinion would be the case. (About the converter, I said in the posts above).

Simplification with increased capacity, is the key to success.

Try to make a converter. From a business point of view - it looks promising and insightful.

Реter Konow:

What matters is the concept behind the development.

Answer the question: how different are the MT4 and MT5 concepts? If their essence is not clearly separated, then what is the point of switching from one to the other?

The concept of five is the speed of code execution, judging by the developers' claims.

The concepts are actually different, MT5 was originally created as a stock exchange terminal. It has not reached a full-fledged stock terminal, there are no options.

Essentially it is a semi-exchange terminal. It looks like you can trade on the exchange, but all the available instruments are missing.

Evgeny Belyaev:

The concept of five is the speed of code execution, judging by the developers' claims.

The concepts are actually different, MT5 was originally designed as a stock exchange terminal. But it is not a full-fledged exchange terminal, there are no options.

Essentially it is a semi-exchange terminal. It is possible to trade on exchange, but all available instruments are absent.

Speed of codeexecution is a basic necessity. It can hardly be made the main goal of development.
Entering the world stock exchanges is indeed a grand idea. But it is only in terms of trading.
And what's new about the concept of algotrading? Is there any significant novelty in the concept of MT5 development?

I think that largely depends on us - the community developers...

Реter Konow:
Simplification with more features, - the key to success.

Try to make a converter. From a business point of view, it looks promising and astute.

I agree, it would be very profitable to have such a resource, and even on full automatic (I think even on donates). I myself can not pull it is 100%, I am self-taught and my knowledge of the language I have 1 3 points out of 10.

If MQ will not do it, then as there will be extra 2-3 k. quid to pay programmers I certainly plastered to make such a resource.

ZS. But I think this biscuit should be MQ, and not an outsider character.

Aleksey:

We just need to meet the needs of stock traders rather than teach them how to trade by their own rules.

Make MT better than other platforms. Not just the language, but everything else, including the efficient use of workspace.

And there will be growth. In the meantime, they gave you a tree and an axe without a handle - chop whatever you want, or go to the woods ... to the lumberjacks ...

That's right. MT absolutely does not work on the exchange (and it's not just about options, asEvgeny Belyaev thinks). And to make the system work there, you have to do a lot. First of all, to make MT an open system like normal exchange terminals. Of course, this alone is far from being enough. To fix all this would be great. By the way, even the obsolete Quick is more open - you can apply from the outside without explicitly asking the terminal, which is very convenient for many applications.

For forex MT is not ideal, not without its flaws, but it is a decent terminal.

By the way, to TC, what is your (our) interest in MT promotion? Imho, that's MQ's concern. Let it compete.

Reason: