Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 139

forexman77:

How can I replace them in mql5 and will it work correctly?

Look here.

DC2008:

Have a look here.

Already seen it. The question is how correctly it will work. Isn't there a similar one in mql5 from mql4?

forexman77:
I have already seen it. The question is how well it will work. Doesn't mql5 have the same as mql4?

1. It will work correctly.

2. It's true that you can do things differently in Five, but you need a specific task. You'd better post a piece of code where these constructions are used and maybe they will help you.

DC2008:

2. It is true that you can act differently in Five, but you need a specific task. You'd better post a piece of code where these constructions are used and maybe they will help you.

Say, I need mql5 only because of the tester. It has the possibility of deep testing. I think forward analysis of profitable runs is the most important one, I don't have to check each run manually. Is it worth to study mql5 because of it?

forexman77:
Tell me, I only need mql5 because of the tester. It has deep testing capability. I think the most important thing is forward analysis of profitable runs, I don't need to check each run manually. Is it worth to study mql5?
It is worth studying the tester in your case.)

zfs:
In your case, it is worth taking the time to study a tester).
Is the tester on mql4? If it is on mql5, then you still need to learn the language. How can I convert my EAs to mql5, without knowing the language?

forexman77:
Tell me, I only need mql5 because of the tester. It has deep testing capability. I think the most important thing is forward analysis of profitable runs, I don't need to check each run manually. Is it worth to study mql5 because of that?

If you want to use mql5, there is and will be a difference. If you want to use MT5-tester, you will have to study it.

But the wording "is it worth it" is not quite correct. No one here knows how difficult it is for you to learn and how much you need to use the tester.

forexman77:
Is the tester on mql4? If on mql5, you still need to learn the language. How can I convert my EAs to mql5 without knowing the language?
Soon there will be a new version of MT4, MT5 if you are interested in exchange instruments or multicurrency strategies. It is easier to order in Jobs).
Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
С запуском сервиса "Работа" MQL5.community становится идеальным местом для размещения заказов и оказания услуг программирования. Тысячи трейдеров и разработчиков ежедневно посещают этот ресурс и с легкостью могут помочь друг другу. Для трейдера сервис "Работа" - это легкая возможность получить свой собственный эксперт. Для MQL5-разработчика это возможность легко найти новых клиентов. В данной статье мы рассмотрим возможности этого сервиса.

DC2008:

2. It's true that you can do things differently in Five, but you need a specific task. You'd better post a piece of code where these constructs are used and maybe they will help you.

I have some questions, if I may ask you?
The questions are as follows:

1. I put value of a variable in mql4.
datetime td=iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,0);

I put mql5 instead of the code above

datetime iTimeMQL4(string symbol,int tf,int index)
{
if(index < 0) return(-1);
ENUM_TIMEFRAMES timeframe=TFMigrate(tf);
datetime Arr[];
if(CopyTime(symbol, timeframe, index, 1, Arr)>0)
return(Arr[0]);
else return(-1);
}
right?

2. In mql4 the parameters that can be changed are in extern, in mql5 it is input parameters?
3. mql4 lists variable names in int start(), and in the trading criteria I assign values to
variables and then the Expert Advisor code. The question arises, where in mql5 to list variables and assign values to them?

forexman77:
Questions have arisen, if I may ask you?

1. If you omit the checks, you can go like this:

datetime Arr[1];
   CopyTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,0,1,Arr);
   datetime td=Arr[0];

2. Yes

3. The question is not clear.

Reason: