A purely theoretical question for mathematicians. With the possibility of moving to the practical plane.

Dear comrades of higher mathematics (or at least above average :)), I am sure that mathematics can describe almost everything. And on the basis of this confidence I want to ask:

1. Isn't it possible, but how do you calculate patterns in a series of values? For example +165, -240, +18, -378, +681, -115....
  2. How to calculate the same pattern in consolidation with another row (possibly more than one)?

I will indicate the practical application later, after answering the questions posed.

Thank you.

You can't even tell if it's a coin in six measurements. What you can see is an alternation of + and -. There are no such magic formulas that know how to think. You have to come up with a hypothesis and test it.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
You can't even tell if it's a coin in 6 measurements. What is visible is an alternation of + and -. There are no such magic formulas that know how to think. You have to come up with a hypothesis and test it.

The row could be much larger (for the whole story per character). The question is whether it is possible in principle. If not, the hypothesis makes no sense either...

Сергей Таболин:

The row could be much larger (for the whole story per character). The question is whether this is possible in principle. If not, then the hypothesis loses its meaning...

it can, but not for all series, study

this is number theory, a branch of mathematics that deals simply with mathematical manipulation and the search for patterns between numbers (series)

There are as many methods as you like.

Igor Makanu:

you can, but not for all rows, study

The lack of a solution is also a solution to some extent

Сергей Таболин:

Dear comrades of higher mathematics (or at least above average :)), I am sure that mathematics can describe almost everything. And on the basis of this confidence I want to ask:

1. Isn't it possible, but how do you calculate patterns in a series of values? For example +165, -240, +18, -378, +681, -115....
  2. How to calculate the same pattern in consolidation with another row (possibly more than one)?

I will indicate the practical application later, after answering the questions posed.

Thank you.

Usually such problems are reduced to testing statistical hypotheses.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

The lack of a solution is also a solution to some extent

Yeah, if it were simple, you could just find the number Pi by matching a number of rows.

ZS: it's a cool book, I read it last year as a brain workout.

Igor Makanu:

you can, but not for all rows, study

Dmitry Fedoseev:
There are as many methods as you like.

That's good. I just don't have time to study it all. And, I am afraid, I will not be able to do it)))

I will prepare materials for illustration, as Dmitry said, of my hypothesis and I will try to substantiate it somehow.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Usually such problems are reduced to testing statistical hypotheses.

I have been talking about it since my first steps on this forum, but at that time I was ridiculed and trashed. True, I did not understand their arguments and did not accept them.

I am still preparing materials.

Сергей Таболин:

I have been talking about this since my first steps on this forum, but at the time I was ridiculed and trashed. It is true that I did not understand their arguments and did not accept them.

The Dunning-Kruger effect

Reason: