A purely theoretical question for mathematicians. With the possibility of moving to the practical plane. - page 4

Сергей Таболин:

Let's do it a little differently.

Here's not a zig-zag. Purely visually connected the tops of the "trends".

Here is without any knees at all.

I would like to calculate the interdependence of price movement on the marked segments.

The zig-zag has been cited purely for clarity. Sorry again, I'm not a mathematician, I'm not familiar with special terms.

Thank you. I understand you. I look forward to understanding in return - no more comments like that. OK?

Start simple, with basic visual statistics.

Construct a 3-dimensional histogram of the zigzag (you can do it in Excel) - in X time with an accuracy of 10 (for example) bars, in Y - the high-low difference with an accuracy of 500 points, in Z - how many times it occurred.

Then you may make samples by conditions - the same thing, but provided that the previous move of the zigzag is at least 1000 points.

and so on...

Oleg Mamchenko:
Algebra I think you can not help here, just take the correlation formula.Correlation coefficient by Pearson or Spearman. They will tell you if there is a correlation or not. To be able to calculate the series you need a hypothesis formula and then check its convergence or non convergence.

In this case it is the formula for finding relationships in a chain of given values that is needed. I do not believe that this is an unsolvable problem. And after that you can build, as you said, formula-hypothesis and check it.

Сергей Таболин:

In this case it is the formula for finding relationships in a chain of given values that is needed. I do not believe that this is an unsolvable problem. And after that you can build, as you said, formula-hypothesis and check it.

So take Pearson's or Spearman's formula, it is impossible to describe them here (on the forum) - there is no symbolism))

Oleg Mamchenko:

So take Pearson's or Spearman's formula, they cannot be described here (on the forum) - there is no symbolism))

Can I get the link?

And there is no way to decompose this formula into simpler components? )))

Сергей Таболин:

Can I get a link?

And can you decompose this formula into simpler components? )))

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8F%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F You must have values from the two columns n1 - m1 \ n2 - m2 \...etc, and at least 6 values.

Oleg Mamchenko:

So take Pearson's or Spearman's formula, they cannot be described here (on the forum) - there is no symbolism))

They have already been described here dozens of times

https://www.mql5.com/ru/search#!keyword=spearman

+ The keyword=spearman and the English code base - if not enough will be enough.

SZS: somewhere was still a library of R - there should be ready-made, Alglib surprised me, there is no it - checked the first

Поиск - MQL5.community
Поиск - MQL5.community
  • www.mql5.com
Поиск выполняется с учетом морфологии и без учета регистра. Все буквы, независимо от того, как они введены, будут рассматриваться как строчные. По умолчанию наш поиск показывает страницы...

Igor Makanu:

They have been described here dozens of times

https://www.mql5.com/ru/search#!keyword=spearman

+ english code base - if not enough

ZS: somewhere was still a library R - there should be ready-made, Alglib surprised me, there is no it - checked the first

I have a good working relationship with Spearman.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/460 It seems to be very clear here
Коэффициент ранговой корреляции Спирмена - Spearman's Rank Correlation
Коэффициент ранговой корреляции Спирмена - Spearman's Rank Correlation
  • www.mql5.com
Реальный автор: Данный индикатор является одним из вариантов осцилляторов, но по сравнению со стохастиком, является более гладким, не имея при этом запаздывания в точках разворота. Коэффициент ранговой корреляции Спирмена - это непараметрический метод, который используется с целью статистического изучения связи между явлениями. В этом случае...

Igor Makanu:

you can, but not for all series, study

this is number theory - a branch of mathematics that deals simply with mathematical manipulation and the search for patterns between numbers (rows)

there's one of these - on the shelf...

Сергей Таболин:

In this case, what is needed is a formula for finding relationships in a chain of given values. I do not believe that this is an unsolvable problem. And only after that you can build, as you said, formula-hypothesis and check it.

There is no such magic formula. You just have to look for a pattern. You have to select one plot, look for it in the whole story and see if it corresponds to the continuation. And so on with all the pieces of data.

Reason: