Less code, more action... writing an EA - page 3

Here we go:

Maxim Kuznetsov:

I will try (or try, if interested) to make a framework for EAs. As suitable as possible just for simple things and not requiring substantial knowledge from the applied programmer.

In contrast to the locally accepted practice,the design will be conducted from top to bottom. From the desired use-case of the user, not from the engineering fundamentals of the terminal.

That is, you declare the design not from the engineering basis of the terminal and with the first listing you are deeply tied to the engineering basis of the terminals. You are so tied up that you even use conditional compilation macros, because you can't do without them, even at the highest user level.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

In principle, you can use an entry like this inside GetData OnCrossSignal. Potentially, you could even write scripts :-) But all in good time... The data handling is built like an electronic table.

That's better, you're beginning to understand what I want to tell you. If you declare a top-to-bottom approach, start from the top. That is why "all in good time" does not work again. This is the primary task.

Is EasyLanguage being invented? As many MT4-advisors I've seen, all of them are written through MT4-API, without complex wrappers. Apparently it's simpler and more reliable, since the code comes out very concise.

If for example we use such MT5-wrapper for trading, or such for MAX, then it would be easy only for the author of these wrappers.

fxsaber:

Is EasyLanguage being invented? As many MT4-advisors I've seen, all of them are written through MT4-API, without complex wrappers. Apparently it's simpler and more reliable, since the code comes out very concise.

If for example we use such MT5-wrapper for trading, or such for MAX, then it would be easy only for the author of these wrappers.

I agree, and the development and support in the future is important to use and learn something. Dumb example but still, mql6 or a new kind of orders will come out, the point was to deal with these wrappers if you still have to read mana on this site.

Aleksei Beliakov:
I agree, and the development and support in the future is important for using and learning something. Dumb example but still, mql6 will come out or new kind of orders, the sense was to deal with these wrappers if you still have to read mana on this site.
You read mana, you drink pita, you eat food...
It is very easy to add new objects to a well-organised structure while you smoke chickens and listen to rumours :)

Artyom Trishkin:.
It is very easy to add new objects to a well-organised structure
Did I say otherwise?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Well, you write it correctly. But the user understands such pseudocode much better:

Another thing is that it's much harder to make it work in this particular form (procedural, I notice), but still it's possible. This is what one should try to achieve - make user-level instructions as simple and abstract as possible. In your case, the user needs to specify conditional compilation macros, specific functions for calculating averages and other technical details that he simply can't handle.

if(SMA(Close, 12) > SMA(Close, 24))
   BUY();
else
   SELL();

And what's the problem with implementing it? You write a universal class as designed by TC, then include it with an inluder and below it, another inluder with defines where we wrap method calls:

#define  BUY()   EA.SendOrder(cmdbuy)
#define  SELL()  EA.SendOrder(cmdsell)

implementation is hidden to user, but user friendliness will be needed

so

No commerce please and no third-party commercial links.

Vladimir Karputov:
No commerce please.
Why did you take down the post about the next step?
Reason: