Question! Do the developers of robots (Expert Advisors) trade themselves? - page 5

Ivan Butko:
Many people talk about some stability and 5% a month, although they forget that most people simply do not have much capital. And one of the main rules of forex: risk with money you can't spare.

How much money can you spare?

This is not an exchange with millions. People come in with a hundred and five hundred dollars and try to squeeze the maximum out of it by taking risks. The point of doing 5%, which will go to pay for internet, utilities and a bottle of soda.

Obviously, 5% is for those with a decent deposit. And not just a loan taken out, a car sold, but for other reasons, when in addition to this capital there is the same, but under another bed.

So most justifiably take the risk of loss: either you manage to accelerate to a decent and smoothly move down the risk, or you sell out. The point here is to get pennies.

With modern services like "signals", "PAMM accounts". Trust management, it is easy to raise a decent capital and have a percentage of the profits. Believe me, there are a lot of people with good money looking for opportunities to earn a stable income from them. And 5% a month is fabulous for them, if that 5% is stable and safe. It is only difficult to convince them of this stability and safety. Because most people think of Forex as something originally adventurous and risky. And this notion is formed in society, that most people want to make a million dollars out of $100 in a couple of months. Of course, they lose their money.

Boris Gulikov:

I disagree. Strongly disagree.

A programmer and a developer are not the same thing. A programmer may not be a developer, just as a developer may not be a programmer. But a developer is always a trader, programmer or not.

If he is not a trader, he cannot be a good developer.

There are coders on this site who already have more than a hundred products. These guys are theoreticians - their products are good only for running in the tester. Theoretically, they are developers, and very cool ones, because they have hundreds of trading robots. But what kind of developers they are, designed to make tester or at best demo money )))).

So you can call them developers with a HUGE HUGE stretch.

Have done some freelance work. Gathered ideas from those who are not. Redesigned the bots. And then you're off to market. Notice, not the market, but the market.

So it is true developers trade, and just coders do not.

Here's a good point, the difference between programmers and developers.

You may run the tests on cent accounts.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

To add:

I received an email last night from a very well-known community advertising a robot that only those who are deaf and blind or don't have internet access have not heard of or seen.

There's a whole community out there, over 5,000 people. So, the whole point is that the first robot appeared around 2012 with version 1.1, and now version 3.2.1, it is constantly being updated and improved, and there is only ONE robot. I will not tell you the name even in person - it is not decent.

And you say one seller has 100 bots :)

I started it as a demo account only a year ago and before I started it on a real account, I had too many bugs and now I need to modify it again.

Andrey Turbabin:

I am sitting and thinking, not so long ago I had a conversation with one of the developers of robots (Expert Advisors), he tells me that he has the best and most advanced robot, and says it brings a lot of money, so I asked him, why do not you trade? My answer was deadly: I only develop them...., HOW can he develop a decent robot if he doesn't trade himself????????

i think that's not even the point. i've tested the robot on a demo for 3-4 months and it shows everything ok. but as soon as you switch toa real account, it starts hiccuping, then the spread does not take into account the commission, then the swap, then opens not understand how. so i have a question in the market 100500 robots, but are there tests on real accounts? or rather not so. in the market that would add a robot it must also be run on a real account. i think there would not even be 10 pieces left))))

The level of today's testers brings them 90% close to real trading, in all ticks mode. So I don't see the point in proving on real accounts. In a tester you can do monitoring in 10 years with no problem

Vladimir Baskakov:
The level of today's testers is 90% close to real trading, in all ticks mode. So I don't see the point in proving it on real accounts. In a tester you can do monitoring in 10 years with no problem

In mt5 yes! In mt4 far from it!

Have you ever traded on the real?

Vladislav Andruschenko:

Have you ever traded live?

Yes, why? What's wrong with mt4?

Vladimir Baskakov:
The level of today's testers brings them 90% closer to real trading, in "all ticks" mode. So I don't see the point in proving on real accounts. In tester you may monitor 10 years without problems
Vladimir Baskakov:
Yes, why?

Over 10 years in the tester - that's optimisation, not testing!

Let's look at things soberly.

Vladimir Baskakov:
The level of today's testers brings them 90% close to real trading, in "all ticks" mode. So I don't see the point in proving on real accounts. In a tester you can do monitoring in 10 years with no problem

Don't write the wrong things. First of all it's not "all ticks" mode, it's "all ticks based on real ticks" mode.

And also the possibility to test on real ticks, on MT5 appeared just over 3 years ago and that's why there is no need to test deeper.

As for the topic, all normal professional developers-traders, firstly create robots for themselves to get rid of manual trading.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

Over 10 years in the tester - that's optimisation, not testing!

Let's look at things soberly.

Why, if you use a broker's platform, everything is ok

Vladimir Baskakov:
Why, if you use a broker's platform, everything is OK

:-(

Sad.
Reason: