The right to publicly demonstrate the conclusions of a theoretical forum thread on a live account - page 7

Sergey Vradiy:

Now imagine that you have an investment fund and the amount is not $1000 but $100 billion. You have to manage to make 20% from 100 billion. That's what the maths is for. But this very mathematics will be completely useless and boring for you with 1000$.

so it will be just as boring after the billionaire investors divide it up)

20% a year is capital preservation as in another year it might be -5% (who knows what will happen in the country)

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Doing a test on MT4 is pointless. You have to do the test on real ticks. And this can only be done on MT5.

Even if you find real ticks from somewhere, you have to find out where they come from. After all, we know that every broker has different types of accounts. Their tick values are also different.

Therefore, the testing should be conducted on the account, where you are going to test your bot. Because, in the mode of real ticks MT5 downloads exactly those ticks on which MT5 is opened.

Even if the broker is the same, the same robot on different types of accounts shows different results, because different types have different trading conditions.

Is it so hard to understand ??? It's"Elementary,Watson!":)

Why do I need MT5 if I work on MT4 and why do I need ticks if my Expert Advisor works on TF H4, though the EA reacts to every tick? It turns out that the MT4 tester synthesizes artificial ticks correctly, based on the general logic of their arrival. A complete match between the MT4 tester and real trading results is not enough for you?

Is that so hard to understand ??? It's"Elementary,Sherlock!":)

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

And mine is even better without your theory. Compare, it's on real ticks.

Good for you. Now, it's a mere trifle to do the same thing again in real life.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

And I have even better without your theory. Compare, it's on real ticks.

I looked at this mode of real ticks ... they are not so real. The spread is somehow small, of course, maybe my broker has such a crooked history. In the real tick tester I have 3 spreads on usdjpy. In reality it is 10-20.
It turns out there is no point in real ticks, still load your story and correct the spread in it to normal.

Реter Konow:

Thank you very much for that).

By no means do I want to troll you Yusuf, but it seems that belief in fairy tales can be at any age. The words "...in the event of finding an enduring pattern..." sound like the words "...in the case of finding the grail...".

Many traders do not want to accept the fact that trading, is a daily and hard work, which only pays off, with the right level of professionalism and realism.

The search for a magic wand (formula, pattern) leads to a world of illusions. A trader throws all his efforts into searching for the sacred and secret formula and does not take advantage of what can really be effective in trading. It does not promise rabid rewards.

If you look at modern algotrading, you can easily see and understand its condition. Modern algotrading is in the throes of a grail search. It is because of this, programs do not develop normally. They get stuck on the initial level and do not go further.

Why? - Why create effective and useful tools in a program, promising a small, but sure growth (ONLY in case of constant trade control and analysis), if there is a grail?

Especially since this toolkit asserts a rigid and realistic concept of trading. It contrasts it with a magic wand with which nothing is needed. Therefore, No - the magic wand is better!

I believe, that with the colossal possibilities to automate human routines and the huge potential, algotrading has been stagnating for years. Because most people don't want to accept reality. They don't want to work and interact with a robot.

Looking for a magic formula, looking at trading through rose-coloured glasses.

Agreeing with you on the whole, I would like to ask:

1. Why can't aconsistent pattern be detected? There really is no grail.

2. The search for a magic wand (formula, regularities) leads to a world of illusions. On the contrary, belief in intuition and indicators not related to the market in any way lead to a world of illusions.

3. To interact with a robot is to work with formulas and other rigidly formalized assumptions.

Fast528:

so it will be just as boring after it is shared by billionaire investors)

20% a year is capital preservation, because another year it may be -5% (who knows what will happen in the country).

In the US, in incubators to grow future entrepreneurs, count millionaires, first give the applicant 10K dollars. The next year, with a balance of all financial and material means of 10K + 1, are given 100K dollars in management only for what, was able to keep the funds and brought America 1 dollar in profit. Then, at 100K + 1, they give $1 million and gift that amount on behalf of all millionaires and require no return or accountability. But, in each state, only 2-3 people out of 1000 declared are capable of doing this. That's the price of the ability to save money.

Maxim Romanov:
I looked at this real ticks mode... it doesn't look very real. Spread is somehow small, maybe my broker has such a crooked history. In the real tick tester I have 3 spreads on usdjpy. In reality it is 10-20.
It turns out there is no point in using real ticks, you still have to load your history and correct the spread in it to a normal one.

This is not true. collect all the ticks of a real trade and compare them on the tester in real ticks mode. They are the same, so are the spreads.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

In the US, incubators to raise future entrepreneurs, think millionaires, first provide $10K. The following year, with a balance of all financial and material funds of 10K + 1, they give 100K dollars in management just for being able to keep the funds and bring America $1 profit. Then, at 100K + 1, they give $1 million and gift that amount on behalf of all millionaires and require no return or accountability. But, in each state, only 2-3 people out of 1000 declared are capable of doing this. That's the price of the ability to save money.

It's all fairy tales.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Good for you. Now, all that's left is the mere trifle of repeating the same thing in real life.

Look at my signals. This is the same strategy, only in the manual version, which gives much more profit than with a robot.

Don't they look alike?

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Why do I need MT5 if I work on MT4 and why do I need ticks if the EA works on TF H4, although, the EA reacts to every tick? It turns out that the MT4 tester correctly synthesizes artificial ticks based on the general logic of their arrival. A complete match between the MT4 tester and real trading results is not enough for you?

Is that so hard to understand ??? It's"Elementary,Sherlock!":)

And you're pretty stubborn. It's the real ticks that come to the input of the terminal, not the timeframes. All programs work under these ticks.

And that's why you have to send real ticks to the tester's input. And how you will use them is up to you.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

It's all fairy tales.

Look at my signals. It's the same strategy, only in the manual version, which gives much more profit than with a robot.

Aren't they similar?

This is not a fairy tale, but a true story that I was told in '95 at Missouri State University in Kansas City and Jefferson City - Lincoln University. Then, we were taken to one of these incubators, shown the jobs of future aspirants to become millionaires, which any self-respecting, established millionaire creates. The only thing is that at the end of the term the applicant has to work for this millionaire for a decent remuneration or develop innovations under his aegis. The applicant, whom we were introduced to, has developed and introduced a toothpick curved in the shape of an onion, the ends of which are connected by a thin, strong thread and with a sharp end. This allows you to brush your teeth in both the traditional and new way - with floss. A fortune has been made on this. Amazingly, it's a fact.

Reason: