Question! Do the developers of robots (Expert Advisors) trade themselves?

I think I recently had a conversation with one of the developers of robots (Expert Advisors). He told me he has the best and most advanced trading robot and says it brings a lot of money. I asked him, why don't you trade? The answer killed me: I only develop them...., HOW can he develop a decent robot if he does not trade himself????????
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myrobot has been running for 3-4 months on a demo and shows everything OK. But as soon as I switch toa real account, it starts hiccuping, then the spread does not take into account the commission, then the swap, then it opens without any clue. I have a question in the market 100500 robots, are there any tests on real accounts? Or rather not even so. It's necessary to add a robot in the market that it should be run in parallel on a real account. I think there would not even be 10 pieces left))))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will add at least was run on a demo account in parallel to be able to see the statistics in real time - already get at least some indication of reality

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually very interesting conclusions.

I have drawn some conclusions: 99% of rubbish in the Market consists of Expert Advisors.

I think that there are good programmers who make robots at trader's request but they do not understand anything about trading))), hence the robots do not work as well as I think they should.

I think that only my opinion is that this is not a good trading robot.

I don't think so, but I do think that the robot is a good one and I am sure I will get to know it.

There are those who make 100500 robots a day and earn money on it, well this business everyone understands, just belong to the group of 99%.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I come to the shop to buy a TV set with android, a salesman comes up, I ask him what android, what memory, what matrix, response time, and he answers 3 out of 5. But the manager is not a manufacturer, he needs to know what he is selling and how it works,

we have two system administrators, one can work with the 1C database and the other can't, they are both written in the same language, the same code, but no! One of them doesn't have enough traction.

i come to the most known one in the city (before that i visited 5-7 same reply), cooler doesn't freeze, says it bleeds from under the nut (threads are out and he cannot make them, he cannot weld it with argon) and the nut is near the wall with the body, says to take off the front panel and replace the pipe. Tube is there? No answer, well what does it cost 10 thousand to remove the panel, 3000 filling. went to look for a tube in shops no, then an acquaintance met, said try to argonschiki come, drove up, prompted a very unknown shop, came to some garage, came out a guy looked, said after 20 minutes would be ready while across the street went to the ATM, he did everything, gave 2500 for everything, including the filling.

They are experts in some areas and a little step to the side so they do not know and can not even think how it is possible to fix or create.)

Andrey Turbabin:
I am sitting here thinking, not so long ago I had a conversation with one of robots' (Expert Advisors') developers and he was telling me that he has the coolest and most advanced robot and says that it brings a lot of money. I killed the answer: I only develop them...., HOW can he develop a decent robot if he does not trade himself????????

Of course we trade. But, of course, not all of them, but those that are profitable in the long term.

Trading. And how we trade. This is the only way to improve the robot and come up with new trading strategies

It's like asking "Why don't the mechanics in Formula 1 race?" At best, the developer will execute a trader's order by creating a robot with certain parameters, they cannot trade by themselves, and they do not need to.

Andrey Turbabin:
I sit and think, I recently had a conversation with one of the developers of robots (Expert Advisors). He tells me that he has the best and most advanced trading robot and says it brings a lot of money. The answer killed me: I only develop them...., HOW can he develop a normal robot if he doesn't trade himself????????

A normal robot's job is to execute the strategy clearly. The strategy is not necessarily profitable.

Well, do you think that if EA writers could write profitable EAs, they would do stuff in Market for pennies?

In fact, 99% of the products on the Market are just "sheep shearing". And the Market is very good at it.

Aleksandr Borodavkin:
It's like asking "Why don't the mechanics in formula 1 race?" At best, a developer will fulfill a trader's order by creating a robot according to certain parameters, they are not able to trade themselves, and they don't need to.

I don't agree, every driver in a formula is a mechanic too!

Georgiy Merts:

A normal robot's job is to execute the strategy clearly. The strategy is not necessarily profitable.

Well, do you think that if EA writers could write profitable EAs, they would do stuff in Market for pennies?

In fact, 99% of the products in the Market are just "sheep shearing". And Market is doing very well with it.

There is some truth in what you say.

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:

I don't agree, every driver in the formula is a mechanic too!

And that is one hundred percent correct.

i think that's not even the point. i've tested the robot on a demo for 3-4 months and it shows everything ok. but as soon as you switch to a real account it starts to hitch, then the spread does not take into account the commission, then the swap, then opens not understand how. so i have a question in the market 100500 robots, but are there tests on real accounts? or rather not so. i need to add a robot to the market, it should be run in parallel on a real account. i think there would not even be 10 pcs left))))

Andrey Turbabin:
But as soon as you switch to a real account, it starts hiccuping, then the spread doesn't take into account the commission, then the swap, then it opens without any clue. So my question is, Market has 100500 robots, but are there any tests on real accounts?)

No. Unless it's a scalper who takes units of five-figure pips - then the spread-swap doesn't affect the result much. The problem is that most EAs are very unstable and work on a very small time frame.

I've been telling for a long time that there is no TS that is always profitable. Any TS has periods of profit and loss, and periods of loss are longer. Using the example of my League TS, I clearly see that the percentage of experts that show something is subject to the 20/80 rule, and those that are worthy of attention - even less, almost all of them are in the top twenty (and this is only 3% of all League systems).

It's the same with Expert Advisors in Market. On small parts of the market - they are quite profitable. But waiting for them to be profitable all the time, without tweaking, is pointless.

Andrey Turbabin:

A third-party TS that is not confirmed by a trading signal should not be relied upon - this is already clear to all.

However, services such as:

1. programming an EA according to your TOR

2. just a subscription to the trading signal,

are quite relevant.

I stand by my opinion - this forum has neither analysts, nor algorithm developers, nor people who can clearly explain and justify the strategy. This is simply a forum for programmers who can code anything at your discretion. Not more, but not less.

Besides, the signals service is very good here. You have to proceed from it.

Reason: