My approach. The core is the engine. - page 51

Реter Konow:

Click on the picture to see the gif. As you can see from it, the redrawing speed of the table elements is fast enough to pull the traffic of the tumbler (there are even more cells).

О ! There's a grid ! If we will also have buttons to sort by columns - that would be awesome.

No, Peter, everything with your library itself is fine, whatever critics say. Maybe something is undone somewhere, maybe the palette sucks, but that's all just details. In my opinion, it fulfils its purpose very well.

I have one doubt - the target audience, who would need a solution to this problem.

Georgiy Merts:

Why would it be "dead"?

ANY robot has earning periods. ANY. Even the lamest of my TSs in the League have short earning periods. So there's no way to call them "dead".

It's like with clothes. Of course, shorts, flip-flops and a panama suit for life somewhere in Arkhangelsk. But you won't claim they're "dead clothes". Moreover, on some days you can wear them even in Arkhangelsk.

And vice versa - on the coast of the Black Sea tulup and fur boots look silly in summer. Although, sometimes they are very necessary even on the Black Sea shore.

The same is in the case of trading robots: every market has its own trading robot. And the trader's task is to select the robot that suits the market. This is why you cannot say that "people will be disappointed", just as no one is disappointed in shorts or panama pants and no one is disappointed in a raincoat. You just have to wear the former when it's hot and the latter when it's cold.

The tester is not a hindrance or a panacea. It tells you what the market has been lately, and allows you to pick up a TS that matches it. But, this does not mean that the market will not change in the next few days, and the TS will not no longer fit it. However, the robot that has showed profit on history is much more preferable than the one that has lost on history.

Manual trade - can only be stably profitable with great experience. Just to understand when and which technique to apply. Do you think many people have it?

Dozens to hundreds of trading strategies can be implemented in one semi-automatic trading robot. Make a reasonable choice. And the user will never understand why he/she loses a profit. He or she has chosen a wrong strategy from the list, or the reason for losing is inevitable. But the author will be much less to blame. Especially if you add settings for each strategy.

Otherwise, it's the developer's fault every time he leaks. Is it good for his business?

Yury Kulikov:

1. I wasn't talking about rendering speed, I was talking about the traffic (exchange) between your gui and the user program.

2. Of course, any program is geared to a specific task, but using, for example, a standard library, you can add an animated object in the window, and in your gui is not, you have to ask for it :(

1. It's hard to say here. On the one hand, the exchange between the EA and the indicator (engine) will definitely slow down. But, if we make the engine an EA, then maybe the speed of transfer will be enough.

2. Perhaps I will add the engine to send to the application the names of kanvas resources it uses in windows. Then user application will receive kanvas resource in engine's window and draw anything there.

The way to solve this issue is simple. I will do it.

Реter Konow:

This issue is solved simply. I will do it.

The animation is just an example of what a user might want from a gui. We can't know how users will develop their projects, but in the case of the library, they always have the option of adding missing functionality.

Yury Kulikov:

The animation is just an example of what a user might want from a gui. We can't know how users will develop their projects, but in the case of a library, they always have the option of adding missing functionality.

One does not interfere with the other.

1. Builder creates user windows, user connects them to the application.
  2. The names of the window canvas resources, will be in the same array as the element values.
  3. The user just access the array, get the name of the resource, get its contents through ResourseReadImage() and draw whatever he/she wants there. At least using CCanvas.

The user writes all of its functionality in the application. And, if necessary, connects it to GUI.

ZS. I'll make an experiment. I will make an engine with a window on which canvas a test Expert Advisor will draw using CCanvas.

Georgiy Merts:

It's your memory (and mine too).

Peter has a different memory, and it only gets better with age, like a good wine. Peter always remembers everything he has written, and how and why, and what he was thinking about. So, he does not really need OOP.

I envy Peter's memory.

And you write one program for three years.

Реter Konow:

I propose a way out of the impasse. Semi-automated programs where the user will be responsible for their own actions.

Reminds me. "Eat processed food" © Judge Dredd

And the funny thing is that day after day Peter nonchalantly continues to turn his tune, naively thinking that he is clearly working us over and over again and soon we will all fall for it and queue up.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
The funny thing is that day after day Peter nonchalantly continues to turn his wheels, naively thinking that he's working us over and over again and soon we'll all fall for it and queue up.

... ...for popcorn, if only.

Georgiy Merts:

It's your memory (and mine too).

Peter has a different memory, and it only gets better with age, like a good wine. Peter always remembers everything he has written, and how and why, and what he was thinking. So he really doesn't need OOP.

I envy Peter's memory.

He is selective: "...here I remember and here I don't remember".

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

My approach. The Core - The Engine.

Artyom Trishkin, 2018.12.10 20:23

Your competitive spirit is alien to me. When I need a GUI in a program I make it in a day of leisurely work. Completely under my control. You're the one who kept challenging Anatoly to a contest. He's got you by the waist. Silently. You're pissed.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

My approach. Core - Engine.

Artyom Trishkin, 2018.12.10 20:25

Even in the past life. And you still can't give birth to anything worthwhile.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Retrog Konow, 2018.12.10 20:26

Sounds like a provocation of pure water. Just a simple provocation.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Artyom Trishkin, 2018.12.10 20:29

You can do as you see fit. You can reread the discussions of Anatoly's articles - there are your attempts to compete. But Anatoly did everything long ago, modestly, qualitatively, professionally, "without noise and dust", and you keep praising yourself.

It's an interesting memory: "Here's my memory and here's Grandma's"...

Reason: