Stops are the way to go.

Stops are the way to success.

Without protective stops, trading is doomed to failure. Most players in the financial markets know this.

Optimizing stop orders has been on my mind for many years. I think I am not the only one.

I want to hear the opinion of experienced traders and programmers in this field, for you understand what).

Uladzimir Izerski:

Stops are the way to success.

Without protective stops, trading is doomed to failure. Most players in the financial markets know this.

Optimizing stop orders has been on my mind for many years. I think I am not the only one.

I want to hear the opinion of experienced traders and programmers in this field, for you understand what).

Stops should be placed below a level, the breakdown of which indicates that the market logic has changed.

For example, when trading in waves, it is correct to place a stop behind the criterion for the end of a wave.

Vadim Zotov:

Stops should be placed behind a level whose breach indicates that the logic of the market has changed.

For example, when trading in waves, it is correct to place a stop behind the criterion for the end of a wave.

Then how do you define a qualitative event criterion?

I have an idea.

To set stops in relation to profit or loss to funds or balance sheet.

What can anyone advise in this direction?

Uladzimir Izerski:

How then do you define a qualitative criterion for an event?

The criterion for the end of a wave is the emergence of a third wave against the main movement on the same timeframe.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I have an idea.

To set stops in relation to profit or loss to funds or balance sheet.

What advice can anyone give on this matter?

This is exactly the same nonsense as the closing of a position when the profit reaches N% of the deposit.

Stops and profits should be placed in specific locations regardless of the size of the deposit.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

This is exactly the same nonsense as closing a position at N% profit to the deposit.

Stops and profits should be placed in specific locations regardless of the size of the deposit.

What advantages do we get in such a case? Listening.

You can make candy out of any sugar.

You can make a profit out of the right foot approach. That's the whole point of this branch.

Uladzimir Izerski:

What advantages, then, do we get? Listening.

I already showed you last year, I think you also saw it, I won't look for the messages - the website doesn't know how to do that.

There is a certain point to enter - we enter. Then we set a stop and profit in some percentage, but...

When there is a reversal, it makes no sense to watch how the deposit is melting moving to some percentage value of the loss. If the reversal has occurred, the loss should be fixed immediately, as long as it is small.

The same applies to profits. If you wait for closing +5% to the deposit, but the price stopped moving and will not go further, but the percentage is not reached, what to do in this case, wait until the price goes to the % loss?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I already showed it last year, I think you also saw it, I won't look for the messages - the website doesn't know how to do that.

There is a certain point to enter - we go in. Then we set stop and profit in some percentage, but...

When there is a reversal, it makes no sense to watch how the deposit is melting moving to some percentage value of the loss. If the reversal has occurred, the loss should be fixed immediately, as long as it is small.

The same applies to profits - if we wait for closing +5% to the deposit, but the price stopped moving and will not go further, but the percentage is not reached, what to do in this case, to wait until the price goes to the % loss?

Everything seems to be logical from your point of view.

But I have a question, what is small and what is big.

There has to be a criterion.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The same applies to profits, if we are waiting for closing +5% to the deposit, but the price has stalled and will not go further, but the percentage is not reached, then what to do in this case, wait for the price to go to the % loss?

Manual intervention is possible, but again there is no guarantee that this will be done correctly.

Reason: