From theory to practice - page 979

Martin Cheguevara:

Because if any system detects a trend, most likely it will not be able to profit from it, because almost any meaningful trend is "born" from a completely chaotic chart.

Exactly, so you have to get there first, when there's nobody there. Sometimes you come and there's no one there, and you hang around like a fool all alone. But people will pick up sluggishly and not willingly, it becomes a little more fun. And when people start to arrive in great numbers with songs and chants for the glory of a bright future, it's even better.

When lots of people arrive and only a few latecomers arrive, it's time to squeeze in closer to the exit, to get some fresh air. Why? The psychology of the crowd, everyone wants to get according to the purchased ticket, and to pay for the continuation of the drive do not agree. And they may start figuring out what to do and who's to blame, punching each other in the face. We do not need this spectacle, we are already in the fresh air, and sometimes even on the other side of the street, again, proudly alone.

Wizard2018:

That's why you have to arrive at the scene first, when no one is there. Sometimes you come and there's no one there, and you hang around like a fool all by yourself. But people gather slowly and not willingly, it becomes a little more fun. And when the people begin to arrive in large columns with songs and chants for the glory of a bright future, it's even better.

When the crowds get bigger and the latecomers arrive, it's time to stick to the exits and get some fresh air. Why? The psychology of the crowd, everyone wants to get according to the purchased ticket, and to pay for the continuation of the drive do not agree. And they may start figuring out what to do and who's to blame, punching each other in the face. We do not need this spectacle, we are already in the fresh air, and sometimes even on the other side of the street, again, proudly alone.

Wow, what an interesting interpretation.)

Martin Cheguevara:

Wow, what an interesting interpretation.)

The Wizard :))) Reading it, you get into a fairy tale with the Grail.

Alexander_K:

Cie is the Wizard :))) Reading it, you get into a fairy tale with the Grail.

I guess... I personally miss the times when I didn't understand what the market was and how to make money from it.

It was fun coming up with more and more useless ways))

Truly blessed are those who seek the grail)

Martin Cheguevara:

I guess... I personally miss the times when I did not yet understand what the market was and how to make money from it.

It was fun coming up with more and more useless ways))

Truly blessed are those who seek the grail)

Well, the Wizard is not so simple. A man (is he a man?), who is a wiz at synergetics, cannot, by definition, be blissful. I think the Grail is in his pocket.

However, the Grail is numerous, for the original is lost forever, but there are an unlimited number of copies. So, for the possession of one of the copies we are fighting here :))

Alexander_K:

Well, the Wizard is not so simple. A man (is he a man?) who knows a thing or two about synergy cannot, by definition, be blissful. I think the Grail is in his pocket.

However, the Grail is numerous, for the original is lost forever, but there are an unlimited number of copies. We are fighting for the possession of one of the copies :)).

Very hard you guys have chosen a task for yourself and psychologically and mentally ... nothing to say))

Martin Cheguevara:

You guys have chosen a very difficult task for yourselves psychologically and mentally ... no way to say it)

I found his revelations on stops:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

The miracle of the grail. Myth or reality!

Wizard2018, 2018.12.24 13:54

About stops, that's a separate long conversation. To make a long story short, a stop should stand where the logic for entering a trade cancels, not a specific number in pips or even a percentage of daily volatility, ATR etc., bullshit it all. All these ATR's, it's the average temperature in the hospital including the morgue, the price does not have to "stay within" the 1-2-3ATR's ,

If you enter a "pullback", in the direction of the trend, and a pullback is to a certain point a pullback, so the stop should be placed "slightly below" the point where the pullback is not a pullback, but a full-fledged trend in the other direction. It may continue, leading us into losses, may reverse and go back to our side, it is unknown, one cannot know the future. Well, no matter what happens next, within the logic of the built system, we obviously will not go the same way with this new trend. Therefore, we simply exit and look for a new entrance.

Understanding "where to put a stop" is essentially understanding the market.

Alexander_K:

I found his revelations about stops:

I don't know what revelations it says, but in practice I've used this before and it worked.

This is my modified Bollinger bands.

It allows us to fully optimise the trawl for the required risks.

(thanks to Soros, no specific precision in optimization is required here)

Trall of a stop should always depend directly on market volatility.

Martin Cheguevara:

I don't know what revelations it says, but in practice I've used this before and it worked.

It is my modified Bollinger bands.

it allows us to fully optimise the trawl for the required risks.

(thanks to Soros, no specific precision in optimization is required here)

Trailing stops should always depend directlyon market volatility.

If you see the above picture - this is a "virtual stop", which also requires a timer.

"if we sell and the price is above 2 sigmas from some average, in the opposite direction, longer than time T, then obviously we are wrong - STOP" :-)

But simply when the levels are reached - I would pull up TakeProfit, but not trailing stops. Beyond 2 sigmas volatility takes all stops - it's a direct way to disappointment in the strategy ;-) It's better to take a take profit than to get a loss.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

for the given picture - it's a "virtual stop" that also needs a timer.

"if we sell and the price is above 2 sigmas from some average, in the opposite direction, longer than the time T, then obviously we are wrong - STOP" :-)

But when the levels are reached - I would move TakeProfit, but not trawl the stop. 2 sigma volatility beats all stops - it's a direct way to disappointment in the strategy ;-) It's better to take a TP than to catch a loss.

i will try it both ways, especially as i have just finished with this mechanism)

but it seems to me that a TakeOut would be more efficient)

let the TP be knocked down better than the Stops

Reason: