From theory to practice - page 445

Alexander_K2:

This is what the distribution of the "memory" function looks like for EURUSD in the sliding window = 1 hour over the last 3 weeks:

On the right we see a giant "tail", which says that in those sections where it appears, i.e. "memory" appears, no Ornstein-Uhlenbeck model or "return to the average" is out of the question.

But how to determine the threshold value - I don't know yet. By persentiles, of course. But =0.99 or 0.999 - I don't know. I can't justify it yet.

Alexander, the market has a memory of course.

I'll try to give you for vodka ;)

Cooking: thinking outside the box and very thoughtful:

Why does the market have a memory and how can we see where this figure is buried/hidden?

for example, a candlestick has a size of 15 points from the low to the high

what is hidden in this length, what is not shown, why has the market moved to 5 digits?

Find the answer to that question and that's it.

I don't need an answer.

Example - eva will be at 1.1712, 1.1744, 100%, debt, memory...

Good luck!

Alexander is probably not the only one interested in this.
It seems to me that the candle hides the levels from which the price rebounded.
I don't know what the five signs are for, I look at the four signs myself.

The candlestick hides the Ask and Bid increments in the time interval from the opening of the candlestick to its closing.

Evgeniy Chumakov:
The candlestick hides the Ask and Bid increments for the time interval from the opening of the candlestick to its closing.
What does that have to do with memory?

Rena also said something about a HIGH-LOW - ABS(CLOSE-OPEN) sequence.

Didn't check it. Maybe there's something there...

Renat Akhtyamov:

there are no correct answers above

unconventionally you have to

Don't know the number of price changes.

Alexander_K2:

Rena also said something about a HIGH-LOW - ABS(CLOSE-OPEN) sequence.

Didn't check it. Maybe there is something there...

Well the candle could be: open > formed low > formed high > went down a little bit and close

Or it can be like this: open > high > low > close (close is bigger than open)

In both cases, the candlestick is bullish, but it is formed differently.

As for the ticks, the observation window of N ticks should be taken as a candle

who saw the supplemented post, profit to all

it will be

Let's not let ignorance pollute the minds of those who suffer.))

Alexander_K2:

On the right we see a gigantic "tail" which says that where it appears, i.e. "memory" appears, there is no question of any Ornstein-Uhlenbeck model or "return to the mean".

Memory is the dependence of the following changes on the previous ones. Tails have nothing to do with memory.

The histogram I posted above is the ACF.

The histogram and the ACF are completely different things. ACF is a function of time shift, histogram is frequency distribution.

So, the trend/float parameter table: Let's keep looking...

A trend is simply a directional price movement. If the price moved out of the previous range, this is a trend. There is no need to complicate things unnecessarily.

Alexander_K2:

The histogram I posted above is the ACF.

I've been tinkering with it for a long time and have come to the conclusion that it's also a load of crap.

So, the table of "trend/float" parameters:

1. Hurst coefficient - no.

2. Pearson skewness coefficient - no.

3. ACF - no.

4. nonentropy - ?

5. incremental velocities - ?

Let's keep looking...

You, as a physicist, should have started with a "physical" market model rather than a mathematical formalisation. You should at least explain for yourself who makes the market, how and for what purpose. For example, I think accounting for non-stationarity is more important than accounting for dependencies, because market makers are thought to do vertical market analysis, not horizontal.

Reason: