From theory to practice - page 439

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Not true. I am the least educated person here, which is why I have a hard time digesting everything that is written here; I don't understand 99 percent of it at all.

It would be like UFOs giving me the blueprints for a flying saucer, but I'm still riding a horse pulled by a cart.

The level of education does not determine the level of forex earnings. Otherwise all the pundits would have become millionaires a long time ago.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Not true. I'm the least educated person here, that's why it's hard for me to digest everything that's written here; I don't understand 99 percent of it at all.

It would be like UFOs giving me the blueprints for a flying saucer, but I keep riding around in a horse-drawn cart.

:)))

That's just me being overly emotional. The thirst for the Grail keeps me from living in peace. It's like a bloody challenge. Why the hell is the Grail hiding? I'm going to get it anyway.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

No, Eugene. Dispersion, under all circumstances, should be counted as I wrote earlier. Thanks - not to me, but to Shelepin L.A. Otherwise, Bollinger bands and, accordingly, poverty await you.

Alexander_K2:

No, Eugene. Dispersion, under all circumstances, should be counted as I wrote earlier. Thanks - not to me, but to Shelepin L.A. Otherwise, Bollinger bands and, accordingly, poverty await you.

Ah, i.e. to substitute in the formula of probability and value of this channel. Really, I stumbled.

And mate expectation to take the average of the increments over the observation window?

Evgeniy Chumakov:

And the mat expectation to take the average increments over the observation window?

I don't use it. In my case expectation is strictly =0.

Although, I don't exclude that Pearson's asymmetry coefficient =(mean-median)/sigma may be useful and I gave it up for nothing. We'll see. The practice will show.

Does anyone use a moving average of the sample spread (Max-Min difference) in their strategy? Can you show a graph of such an average?

The books I used to fight the market.
Files:
Books.zip  14289 kb

I use a sliding average. But it doesn't need a sliding average.

Olga Shelemey:
The books I used to fight the market

You don't have to fight the market, on the contrary, you have to respect it and not break its laws).

Alexander_K2:

Does anyone use a moving average of the sample spread (Max-Min difference) in their strategy?

Any averaging is a loss of important extremum information and a delay. Therefore it is not the smartest way to go about it. Averaging, according to science, is about noise, not useful signal.

Reason: