From theory to practice - page 481

Alexander_K2:

I can't check on history... Here's the trouble.

I work with Erlang flows for tick quotes - no one has such archives, alas...

You need a time series with 1 value per second. And it doesn't matter whether it was a real quote or a pseudo-quote. It is this kind of series that is important. In a separate field, for a real quote (when there was a real change of time stamp or a change of price increment), put 1, for pseudo (when neither of them were present) - 0. All other values are derived from it.

Even Dukascopy doesn't have that. All include in the archives only real quotes, and spit on the pseudo, which is logical, of course.

I have long ago asked the programmers here to help - to make a utility that augments the real seconds BP with pseudo-quotes. The answer - silence. Like - what for? You can make money without it, and you can't do it yourself, or what? So on and on.

And let only those to whom it directly concerns, be offended by "morons". To the majority, but not to clever people :)))

The history of ticks in the terminal is about 100 000 ticks per day, the history of my developments in 1.5 years, whole 2017 and half of 2018, it is about forty million ticks. There is a deeper story though. This is for one instrument. And there are 6 of them in the terminal just majors, plus crosses.

Do you want it wrapped up in Excel or in a text file?

That physicist who doesn't know what he's asking for is hilarious. You are going to open this Exelka gigabyte with a crowbar?

You point it in the right direction, but it is stubborn as a sheep, like a very old child.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Reading the thread all the time, I come to the conclusion: "The more knowledge, the more frustration".

That's not quite the way to put it.

The less experience, the more frustrations. It's more like this.

Nikolay Demko:

The tick history has been in the terminal for a long time, about 100,000 ticks per day, the history that I use for my developments over 1.5 years, all of 2017 and half of 2018, is about forty million ticks. There is a deeper story though. This is for one instrument. And there are 6 of them in the terminal just majors, plus crosses.

Do you want it wrapped in Excel or in a text file?

That physicist who doesn't know what he's asking for is hilarious. How will you open this Giga-byte Excel file with a crowbar?

))

Nikolay Demko:

The tick history has been in the terminal for a long time, about 100,000 ticks per day, the history that I use for my developments over 1.5 years, all of 2017 and half of 2018, is about forty million ticks. There is a deeper story though. This is for one instrument. And there are 6 of them in the terminal just majors, plus crosses.

Do you want it wrapped in Excel or in a text file?

That physicist who doesn't know what he's asking for is hilarious. You are going to open this Exelka gigabyte with a crowbar?

You point it in the right direction, but it is stubborn as a sheep, like a very old child.

Ahem... Like, uniformly every 1 second?

And you can open huge csvs through CSVed, pulling out 1,000,000 pieces of data for analysis.

Uladzimir Izerski:

That's not quite the way to put it.

The less experience, the more frustrating it must be. It's more like this.

Well ...

1. the less experience, the more interesting, and not too sorry for the lost money

2. the more experience, the less of what is listed in point 1.

;)

Alexander_K2:

Ahem... Is it evenly spaced every 1 second?

And you can open huge csvs through CSVed, pull out 1,000,000 pieces of data for analysis.

You don't have to go to the trouble, it's much simpler than you imagined!

Alexander take a look at the file, I've compiled last week's data. Tell me if there's anything interesting there.

P.S. About "morons" Alexander was probably waiting for an answer to a question and didn't get it.
Files:

Renat Akhtyamov:

well, geez...

1. the less experience, the more interesting, and not too sorry for the money lost

2. the more and more experience, the less and less of what is listed in 1.

;)

No well yes ))))))))))))))))))))).

Just a little bit left out of the disappointed category. It's a pretty impressive category present on the forum.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Well, yeah )))))))))))))))))))))

A bit of an understatement for the frustrated category. It's a pretty impressive category on this forum.

Well, not everyone's a physicist.

;)

Uladzimir Izerski:

It would probably take at least 10 years to understand the market. It will always be a lottery.

The only people who can offer you technical tasks are those who are incapable of doing more)) Do you need it?

These are the words of a man who is more realistic about the complexity of the task of making a profit in the market.

And the words "...But, man, when you're crawling around for a year around zero, you get nervous." You can only belong to a beginner or to a person who is too shy and used to easy wins, who hasn't understood how complicated the Forex mechanism is. He thought that if he was a physicist he could quickly learn to speak to forex on a "first name" basis, but forex had already taught him and would teach him many more lessons. There are many economists, mathematicians and physicists who have "lost their horns" in forex and abandoned it. There are cases from the history when some hedge funds with the whole scientific groups working for them went bust in some years. So when you come to Forex trading your Napoleonic ideas like "I came, I saw, I conquered" should be forgot and prepared for many years of hard work or give up. And it is not manly to be nervous about zero profit. Zero is a good start).

Reason: