What is a tester's Grail? - page 19

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yes, MT4 has a "Spread" field where you can enter zero. I know about MT5, I've been testing it myself on real ones since MQ made them a few months ago.

If you enter zero, the current spread is taken.

If you really want real results from your EA, subtract 20 pips from each deal and you will get approximately what you will have in real life.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Thanks, Cap ) That's exactly what 90% of Market sellers do when they advertise their pseudo-Grails.

i agree.
i've recently received such a "curve" by accident when testing one indicator, now i'm testing it on a real account and i'll see how real it is. although it's already visible at the start (i've put it on pamm) that the "curve" is probably not real but a tester one, although the drawdown has not yet exceeded the one in the "curve" in the tester. in the tester it worked on some data but i used other data. in the tester it worked but not clear in real trading.

Regards.

P.S. If the "curve" shows its efficiency to some extent, not necessarily to the extent that has been shown in the tester, I will think about its application in a full-fledged Expert Advisor (now it works only on signals).

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Please give me your opinion, I don't need it for myself, I need it for a companion. He does not understand testing on real ticks...

Let's just speculate on the subject... You all know that there are a lot of plugins ( internal programs ) on the server in the terminal, that can smooth quotes, delay opening orders, widen or set the spread, draw spikes and requotes and have a VERY interesting ... The question arises: with such an abundance of possibilities to influence the initial flow of quotes, where can the data "on real ticks" come from? I understand that purely theoretically it's quite possible if you disable all these plugins..., but practically I can't imagine such a thing - it's like chopping the bough you're sitting on... Hence the question: Where do you get these very "real ticks"...?

Vladimir Zubov:

If you enter zero, the current spread is taken.

I didn't know, I will check

Serqey Nikitin:
Let's just think about it ... As you all know, there are a lot of plugins ( internal programs ) built into the server in the terminal, which can smooth out quotes, delay the opening of orders, widen or set the spread, draw spikes and requotes and have a VERY interesting ... Question arises: with so many possibilities to influence initial quotes flow, where may data "in real ticks" come from? I understand that in theoretical sense it is possible, if we disable all these plugins..., but in practice I can not imagine it - it's like chopping bough on which you sit... Hence my question: Where to get these very "real ticks"...?

MT5 has long had testing on real ticks from brokerage companies

I do not talk about kitchens, nor do I talk about conspiracy theories. If you have been suffering from persecution mania, that a big brokerage company like Robo or Alpine is chasing your paltry deposit of a hundred quid, then:

1. Don't torture your nervous system, don't play forex.
  2. the tick-writer on your trading terminal and on several terminals of other brokerage companies - you will always have something to compare it with
  3. If you trade with a robot, let it write in a log
    1. Execution time
    2. The price in the order and the executed price - you will know the slippage
  4. Take a sedative.

Олег avtomat:

can be reinforced: the tester is the grail!

;)
There was an epic bug in one build, when the tester knew Close[] in advance when opening a candle. So many grails appeared at once :-)

Andrey Kisselyov:
I agree.
i got it recently, i accidentally tested one indicator, now i'm testing it on a real account, i'll see how real it is. although i can already see from the start (i've placed tests on pamm) it may be not a real "curve" but a tester one, although the drawdown has not yet exceeded the one in the "curve" in the tester. in the tester it worked on some data, i used other data. in the tester it worked, not clear in real life.

Regards.

P.S. If the "curve" shows its efficiency to some extent, not necessarily to the extent that has been shown in the tester, I will think about its application in a full-fledged Expert Advisor (now it works only on signals).

I can't remember if I posted it or not, here's the difference between real ticks and what the MT4 tester generates in "all ticks" mode

Alexey Volchanskiy:

MT5 has long had testing on real ticks from brokerage companies

I do not talk about kitchens, nor do I talk about conspiracy theories. If you have been suffering from persecution mania, that a big brokerage company like Robo or Alpine is chasing your paltry deposit of a hundred quid, then:

1. Don't torture your nervous system, don't play forex.
  2. the tick-writer on your trading terminal and on several terminals of other brokerage companies - you will always have something to compare it with
  3. If you trade with a robot, let it write in a log
    1. Execution time
    2. The price in the order and the executed price - you will know the slippage
  4. Take a sedative.

The matter is in the real understanding of the existing system in trading ...

Now there's a massive advertisement of all methods related to scalping. But it's just a GOOD CHALLENGE for beginner traders. For a DC to crush ANY scalper, with its software capabilities, is "like two fingers on a..."...

But that's my opinion, not your PROBLEMS...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I can't remember if I posted it or not, here's the difference between real ticks and what the MT4 tester generates in "all ticks" mode

maybe it's not generating it? maybe it's still a ticking story?

Reason: