Making a crowdsourced project on Canvas - page 12

Реter Konow:
Is it too much of an honour to use something which was not created by us? Microsoft developed everything and we are just going to use it? Isn't it better to create our own? And beat Microsoft...)))

Well, invent bicycles. It's simple, something new is created on the basis of what has already been created.

For you, apparently, the process is important. I'm not interested in programming as such - it's just a tool (like a hammer)) and I need to solve a problem in the easiest way. Jedem das seine(c)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Well, invent bicycles. It's simple, something new is created on the basis of what has already been created.

For you, apparently, the process is important. I'm not interested in programming as such - it's just a tool (like a hammer)) and I need to solve a problem in the easiest way. Jedem das seine(c)

Inventing a bicycle is not always a pointless endeavour. It can be a stage of a person's personal growth. Development and learning.

Besides, starting from the invention of the bicycle, one will come up with an electric motor, another with an internal combustion engine, a third with a jet engine, a fourth may come up with an anti-gravity device...

Perhaps - the multiple invention of the bicycle is a method of expanding the potential of human design abilities...)

Реter Konow:

It's not always a pointless endeavour to reinvent the wheel. It can be a stage of a person's personal growth. Development and learning.

In addition, one will come up with an electric motor, another with a combustion engine, another with a jet engine, a fourth with an anti-gravity device...

Perhaps - repeatedly - the invention of the bicycle is the road to realising the potential of human design abilities).

There is no objection. Everyone does what he wants and likes.

In my opinion, it is more interesting to fight with a random market and explore it not with 2 MAs ), but with modern methods.

It's a matter of taste.

Anatoli Kazharski:

That's the way to do it. )

almost )

except that crowdsourcing implies open source )

o_O:

almost )

Except that crowdsourcing implies open source)

How about crowdfunding? With a stated goal of 3-4 million, i.e. 2-3 programmers' salaries for a year.
I.e. even without profit, only on salaries. But something tells me that even this sum will not come together.

Igor Volodin:
How about crowdfunding? With a stated goal of 3-4 million. That is a salary of 2-3 programmers for a year.
I.e. even without profit, just for salaries. But, something tells me that even this amount will not come together.

You don't see it the way I do.

My vision is that an unwritten class has a purpose, and not even what a function does, but that it can be used to make and give value to the final product.

The user/user doesn't care what the innards of ex5 are. Either you made it up yourself, or you used someone else's source code as a base.

Take Metakvots' work (their standard classes for panels) or @Anatoli Kazharski's.
It's not the written classes that matter - it's how you use them. That is, what matters is the final product, not its building blocks. How the product can be sold and whether it will be in demand - this is what matters.
We don't buy a Mercedes for parts. We buy a car that drives and has consumer value. And the bolts and nuts - they are the same in all cars, and are made in a common factory in China.

---

You offer to sell your classes - well ok, if they are mega cool and do what no other programmer can do - be my guest. Crowdsourcing is not your theme. You've managed to turn bricks into an end in itself and a value.
But if your work can be duplicated and a user task can be solved without your classes by using other developments, you will hardly manage to get payment for your classes. Because it is not bricks that are valuable, but a house built of them.

That's what crowdsourcing is for. So that the tools are available to everyone. And everyone decides for himself what to build with them.
And it is the final product and its qualities that have value in the eyes of the user.

@Igor Volodin, and one more thing - you showed a great work with canvas.

But it is a product. It has its own value.

Imagine that you showed not an animation in the screenshot, but the source code of your base parent. So what? Is it of much value? Will someone be able to repeat it?

But your final product on screenshots - here it is, it's cool and valuable, but only you could do it. And you're the only one who came up with the idea for the product, the design and the layout of the elements.

And the classes have nothing to do with it. They're not the primary thing.

o_O:

you don't see it the way I do.

No, no. I see it exactly the same way. Therefore, I still intend to sell products based on the UI of the library, not the library itself.

Alex, this whole crowdsourcing thing certainly makes sense. You just need to recruit people for whom the value and quality of their future product will grow. And for those who need one window and 5-10 buttons the standard library will do.

For me, it's easier to create a product development team, whose members, to an agreed degree, will receive a profit from the product sales (maybe someone is the project ideologist, someone finances for a share, someone is the programmer).

And since all are financially motivated - to implement within the project and the necessary libraries for the interface.

Reason: