Problem with EA validation on the Market - page 6

Aliaksandr Kryvanos:
So now that the check is automatic, you don't have to wait more than a week for the product to be published?
The automatic check is only the first step. If it is passed, the next step is manual verification as before.

Holidays are over,Automatic validation doesn't work.

Z.I. It's working.

Can you give me a hint, please! Maybe someone has encountered a similar problem?

During automatic validation I get the report" Logfile size exceeded 2 GB, testing terminated" (screenshot attached). I've checked it carefully: my Expert Advisor does not log anything on purpose. I checked for errors using all recommended methods, there should be no errors. What is especially embarrassing is that the log file of 2 Gb takes about 3 minutes to create! I think it's impossible to do that without a supercomputer. My MT4 hasn't saved that much money during 2 years of continuous work.

I have written to the Service Desk but they are very quiet and calm as always. They keep silent. One may as well ask a telepath.

What may be the problem? Is there any way to get a look into that mysterious 2G log?

Screenshot

Vadim Zotov:

Can you give me a hint, please! Maybe someone has experienced a similar problem?

During automatic validation, I get the report "The log file size exceeds 2 GB, testing has stopped" (I attach a screenshot). I checked it carefully: my Expert Advisor never writes anything in the log. I checked for errors using all recommended methods, there should be no errors. What is especially embarrassing is that the log file of 2 Gb takes about 3 minutes to create! I think it's impossible to do that without a supercomputer. My MT4 hasn't saved that much money during 2 years of continuous work.

I have written to the Service Desk but they are very quiet and calm as always. They keep silent. I don't know if I should appeal to a telepath.

What could be the problem? Is there any way to look into that mysterious 2 Giga log file?

There is no way to look into the automatic test log file. But you can simulate situations by yourself:

1. Go to the folder where quotes for the selected symbol are stored and to the folder with the ticks. Switch off the terminal. Delete ticks and quotes for the symbol. Load the terminal and run a single test on the symbol (from which you have just deleted ticks and history) - after the test check the log for errors.
  2. Increase the volume of known small deposits in the tester and run the single test - check the log for errors.
  3. ...

Vladimir Karputov:

There is no way to look at the automatic test log file. But you can simulate situations yourself:

1. Go to the folder where quotes for the selected symbol are stored and to the folder with ticks. Switch off the terminal. Delete ticks and quotes for the symbol. Load the terminal and run a single test on the symbol (from which you have just deleted ticks and history) - after the test check the log for errors.
  2. Increase the volume of known small deposits in the tester and run the single test - check the log for errors.
  3. ...

Vladimir, thank you! But it doesn't solve the problem. I did what you recommended. I got the log, there are a lot of things to read and think about (attached). But it does not yield the size of 2 GB, only 28 Kbytes.

Is there any way we can put pressure on the autorun developers so that they write a detailed testing protocol for the Expert Advisor's author based on the testing results? It simply does not currently contain any information that would help us find something more specific (what test was run, with what parameters, with what limitations, on what time interval, etc.). Ideally, we would like to see the error codes as well. But at least allow the Expert Advisor's author to repeat the situation where an error has occurred, otherwise, the search for it will be infinitely long.

In fact, the author of the Expert Advisor is being told to "go ... Learn programming first". With this kind of attitude, we will gradually move on to implementing our developments on other sites. I don't think this is in your best interest.

Files:
20170110.log  28 kb

Vadim Zotov:

Is there any way to put pressure on the developers of the autovalidator to write a detailed test report for the author of the EA based on the results of the test?

You cannot apply pressure. You can write to service-desk. I have already done that (request#1632600). I have received a reply. You can try it.

Stanislav Korotky:
You can't push it. You can write to the service-desk. I already did (request#1632600). I have not been answered. Try you.
Had quite a lot of communication with Service Desk today. They were quick to respond. Answered several of my questions almost in real time today. Even managed to get a piece of screenshot from that mysterious 2Gig shipping log (attached in the picture with the answer). There were 131 "Incorrect volume" errors all over the place. My attempts to model the situation with at least one such error did not have any success (I got a clean log without errors in all imaginable and unimaginable test modes). All my attempts to get more information about specific test conditions from service desk failed. They stubbornly limit themselves to generalities. In each answer they stick their faces into articles and documentation. In principle they point them in the right places but the sad thing is that it doesn't allow us to repeat the situation they created during testing. You still have to edit the code blindly. It feels like we're being taught to read like first graders in the olden days. With a whip. There's no sense of interest in helping, only a slap if you read it wrong.

Well, thanks for showing me the error code at least. Now I understand where to look in the programme. I think they're sick of people like us. Their autovalidator has not made their work less, but more. That is why it has become more difficult for them to answer specific questions.

Maybe create a separate thread on the forum for EA developers to articulate what they want to see in the autovalidator testing protocol. This would help the autovalidator developers to get their brainchild to the point where it helps people rather than hinders them.

service desk response

The log has already been included in the automatic validation report today. A very useful improvement.

Thank you very much Service Desk and the developers!

Hi all!!! Can you tell me where to find the logs for the test results?

Hello all! Who was able to bypass the check with a balance of $ 1, I have in my code is check if not enough money trade operations do not perform. Accordingly I get the following validation log

test on EURUSD,H1
there are no trading operations
test on NZDUSD,H1
test on GBPUSDcheck,M30
test on XAUUSDcheck,Daily
Reason: