Problem with EA validation on the Market - page 11

Vadim Zotov:

We don't mind. Let him check. Only let him say what he did to cause the error. But the way it is now - they showed us the error code and that's all: we cannot re-simulate it because the experiment's conditions are not fixed. This makes it very difficult to find errors.

That is, if you are told what they are doing there, you will just deliberately bypass their conditions, and you won't work on the rest, so you want?

Artyom Trishkin:

So, if you are told what they are doing there, you will just deliberately bypass their conditions and not work on the rest, so you want to?

Some kind of excessive suspicion. Is the goal to help the person find the error or just to mock them by making them work?

Let him check every possible condition. But let him say what caused the error. This will enable the person not to guess by coffee grounds, but to model the situation, find the error and correct it.

Ivan Titov:

Why does the MinLot value include a step change in volume? It does not belong there. A simple example: we will paste into this function the value 0.285 with min lot 0.01, increment 0.01 and max lot 100.0 (standard values at most brokers). In the output we obtain the same value without changes. That is error 131, because 0.285 is not a multiple of 0.01 (volume step).

Also note that after the line:

if (ret > MaxLots) ret = MaxLots;

there is no check for correctness of volume. After all, MaxLots is calculated, but its value can have a significant digit in both 5th and 8th characters, which will not fit in the volume step.

P. S. Please use the SRC button to insert your code.

Artyom Trishkin:

So if you are told what they are doing there, you will just deliberately circumvent their terms and conditions and not work on the rest, so you want to?

Artem, this is a real overkill. The goal is to write a quality product, not to pick on the code. I think you have ever written a program for someone and encountered that the client crashed the program by some unintended actions. In this case one error message is not enough since you have to understand how this result was obtained. And this is exactly the sequence of actions.

For instance, it is not enough to specify the error in the service Desk. You must append the steps which cause reproduction of this error. Thus, we get an obvious misbalance: when we speak about a company's product, it has to provide information about reproduction, while when we speak about the Market product, all the programmers are supposed to guess by themselves what caused the error.

Ihor Herasko:

Artem, this is a real overkill. The goal is to write a quality product, not to pick on the code. I think you have ever written a program for someone and encountered that the client crashed the program by some unintended actions. In this case one error message is not enough since you have to understand how this result was obtained. And this is exactly the sequence of actions.

For instance, it is not enough to specify the error in the Service Desk. You must append the steps which cause reproduction of this error. So we get an obvious misbalance: when we speak about a company's product, it must provide information about reproduction, while when we speak about a Market product, all the programmers are supposed to guess by themselves what causes the error.

I agree, I got a little excited - there are conspiracies everywhere

Ihor Herasko:

Why does the MinLot value include a step change in volume? It does not belong there. A simple example: we will paste into this function the value 0.285 with min lot 0.01, increment 0.01 and max lot 100.0 (standard values at most brokers). In the output we obtain the same value without changes. That is error 131, because 0.285 is not a multiple of 0.01 (volume step).

Also note that after the line:

there is no check for correctness of volume. After all, MaxLots is calculated, but its value can have a significant digit in both the 5th and 8th characters, which will not fit in the volume step.

P. S. Please, insert the code through the SRC button.

Thank you for your comments.

Ihor Herasko:

For instance, it is not enough to specify the error in the Service Desk. You have to append the steps which cause reproduction of this error. Thus, we get an obvious misbalance: when we speak about a company's product, it must provide information about reproduction, while when we speak about a Market product, all the programmers are supposed to guess what causes an error themselves.

But the man is talking business.

To write how the product was tested, with what parameters and at what period it is a minute business.

And it will take much less time to fix this bug.

Vladimir Gribachev:

But the man is making a point.

To write down how the product was tested, with what parameters and for what period is a minute matter.

And it will take much less time to fix this bug.

Thanks for the support, colleagues!

Until now I had the impression that my voice was a squeak in the wilderness. All attempts to find the truth in this matter have fallen on deafening silence.

I hope that we will be heard after all, and that the moderators will no longer keep the terms of their experiments on our developments secret.

Peace by Squeak - to the moderator a siren)

I don't understand the requirement to open trades at any symbol and timeframe with arbitrary initial values. For example, how to open a deal on EURUSD with 0.06 lot and initial deposit of $30? It's been a month since I tried to publish the product.

Ivan Titov:

Peace by Squeak - to the moderator a siren)

I don't understand the requirement to open trades at any symbol and timeframe with arbitrary initial values. For example, how to open a deal on EURUSD with 0.06 lot and initial deposit of $30? It's almost a month since I tried to publish the product.

No one is forcing you to open it with such a lot.

Do a check on the maximum allowable lot, and at a given value above the allowable, the lot will be recalculated to the possible maximum.

Reason: