Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1557

MakarFX:
I stumbled across this bug by accident, I wondered

I think that even if negative dimensions didn't work at all, there would be nothing wrong with it. Putting anything into the parameters and treating the result as a bug... I don't know... You'd better ask how much of it is acceptable. What if you're experimenting and it's completely unnecessary or even unacceptable...

In my experience, you can make any button, with any skins or drawing methods, with any response to user actions. A normal Canva is enough. And why this kind of perversion, I don't understand...?

Please advise how to insert a function to close all orders on Friday at 22:00

Документация по MQL5: Дата и время
Документация по MQL5: Дата и время
  • www.mql5.com
Дата и время - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Mihail Matkovskij:

What kind of resentment could there be? No, no, no. :) It's just that there were some bad words in that message...! So I thought I'd make an observation. You can't do that! This is a technical forum, not a bazaar. I have nothing against studying the documentation. If you know it, that's good. But I'm currently working on one very interesting project and I don't have time to manually look through all the documentation. I type it into search box and it gives me all I can think of, but not what I need. That's why I decided to ask a question on this forum. What's the problem here? Or do you think that referring to the forum, is something out of the ordinary? If you are observant enough, you've noticed that any programmer, even the most experienced ones, turn to forums for help from time to time. Or are you so thoroughly acquainted with MQL and its documentation that you never use the forums, and are able to belt out absolutely any programmer? That would be too presumptuous of you...

If you know all documentation so well, maybe you can tell me, when TextGetSize function appeared inMQL... Maybe, I reviewed documentation a long time ago and did not see this function in it, because it was absent... And then it was added.

I didn't mean to offend you by saying that. I don't know the documentation thoroughly. There are some other sections which I haven't read at all, so I don't know when something appeared. I suspect that at the time the compilers were merged... And I was groping for resources much later. And in the documentation search engine. TextGetSize is easily found

Alexey Viktorov:

Exactly with these words I didn't mean to offend you. I don't know the documentation thoroughly. There are still a few sections that I haven't read at all, so when something appeared I can't know. I suspect that at the time the compilers were merged... And I was groping for resources much later. And in the documentation search engine. TextGetSize is easily found

My question was "how to find the visual length of the string". That is, I didn't consider the word "width". And I typed it in a search on the site, not in the help. Because, the site has not only documentation, but also articles and forum posts. There is much to choose from. But sometimes search engines don't understand requests because of differences in terminology. You type in one word but find another one in the documentation. Besides, it turned out that you don't know everything from the documentation either. So, similarly to my case you might not know and can't find the information you need and turn to the forum for help (as an option). So, to think that you know everything is a big misconception! But how much pathos and bad language was there.... That's something... No comment...

Mihail Matkovskij:

My question was "how to find the visual length of the string". That is, I didn't consider the word "width". And I typed it in a search on the site, not in the help. Because, the site has not only documentation, but also articles and forum posts. There is much to choose from. But sometimes search engines don't understand requests because of differences in terminology. You type in one word but find another one in the documentation. Besides, it turned out that you don't know everything from the documentation either. So, similarly to my case you might not know and can't find the information you need and turn to the forum for help (as an option). So, to think that you know everything is a big misconception! But how much pathos and bad language was there.... That's something... No comment...

Everything Alexey says is right. Language documentation is an MQL programmer's handbook. You just open it and read everything and "Oh, how many wonderful discoveries we've had"...

Mihail Matkovskij:

I didn't say I knew everything. It's just that after reading the section titles and function names I don't have much trouble finding anything. But search engines in general and such *****. I don't know how to use search engines at all. But I found these two functions somehow... as I don't remember anymore, probably when I was trying to do something with resources.

And anyway, it's about time we stopped this dialogue. Good luck to you.

Artyom Trishkin:

Everything Alexey says is correct. Language documentation is an MQL programmer's handbook. You just open and read everything and "Oh, how many wonderful discoveries"...

Well, of course I read the documentation. Who says I don't? And yes, I agree, it's very interesting to read, as I write applications in MQL.

законопослушный гражданин:

Thank you!

Will it be possible to run it in the tester?
Yes, you can. Thanks to Alexey Viktorov for this

MakarFX:
Yes, you can. Thanks to Alexey Viktorov

You're welcome, but I don't seem to have done anything...

Reason: