Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1563

Artyom Trishkin:

I have. More than once. And even wanted to build on the changes in such swaps

I wonder. Who can offer such a thing and under what conditions...? So that a trading system can also be built...

Mihail Matkovskij:

Of course, it's getting smaller and the profits are bigger. :) Do you even hear yourself? What positive swap? Where did you see that?!

Vitaly Muzichenko:

It's all a mystery... What are the values on the right?

Mihail Matkovskij:

It's all a mystery... What are the values on the right?

Long / Short

Mihail Matkovskij:

Is a positive value a swap and a negative value a loss?

This is the specification of the symbol

Vitaly Muzichenko:

This is the symbol specification

There, I see it now. I found it on mine, too.

But I hadn't noticed that before.

I wonder how for long term trades, will there be more positive or negative swaps? I have one long-term trading system. But I'm worried about swaps making a drawdown...

Mihail Matkovskij:

There, that makes sense now. I found one myself.

But I hadn't noticed that before.

I wonder how for long term trades, will there be more positive or negative swaps? I have one long term trading system. But I'm worried about swaps making a drawdown...

I remember that swaps depend on discount rates for currencies. They change accordingly when they're renegotiated.

That is partly why we sometimes observe some unhealthy rush :-)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

I remember that swaps depend on discount rates for currencies. They change accordingly when they are revised.

This is partly why there is sometimes an unhealthy rush :-)

Swap is a financial-trading operation of exchanging various assets, in which the closure of a transaction to buy (sell)securities or currency is followed by a counter-deal, a transaction of selling (buying) the same product after a certain period of time on the same or different conditions [1]. In general, it involves a multi-period exchange of payments. A swap is used to increase the amount of assets and liabilities - to finance securities or, conversely, to borrow securities to meet delivery obligations; to reduce or change the nature of risks, tohedge; to make a profit, including gaining access to markets in another jurisdiction.https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BF_(%D1%84%D0%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BD%BD%D1%81%D1%8B )

But since dealing centres essentially do not offer any assets or securities, do they have the swap playing the role of a commission...? Because the swap is set by negotiation between the parties, and there are 2 organisations that issue standards for swaps. But how do dealing centres use this in their swap calculations? Their job is just to provide a contract for the price difference of the asset and that's it.

Mihail Matkovskij:

But since dealing centres don't essentially offer any assets or securities, do they have the swap as a commission...? Because the swap is set by negotiation between the parties, and there are 2 organisations that issue standards for swaps. But how do dealing centres use this in their swap calculations. Their job is just to provide a contract for the price difference of the asset and that's it.

Dealing centres calculate internal transactions and post them on the interbank (if they do) and correspondingly a swap is calculated on these transactions, the commission is a payment for dealing services.

If a dealer does not take commission, then either they are a "kitchen" or they aggregate internal deals and take one to the interbank.

For example: they have a total of 50 lots EURUSD for selling and 30 lots for buying, they withdraw 20 lots for selling at the Interbank.

They pay for swap of 20 sell lots and receive from clients a swap of 80 lots (50 sell and 30 buy).

Mihail Matkovskij:

But since dealing centres don't essentially offer any assets or securities, do they have the swap as a commission...? Because the swap is set by negotiation between the parties, and there are 2 organisations that issue swap standards. But how do dealing centres use this in their swap calculations? Their job is just to provide a contract for the price difference of the asset and that's it.

literally the first thing from google for "swap calculation"

there's also (google-index) in varying degrees of popularity why that is