Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 926

Who knows what function can be used to remove an EA from a chart? I want to write a criterion and if it succeeds remove the EA from the chart.

Seric29:
Who knows what function can remove an EA from a chart? I want to write a criterion and if it is fulfilled remove the EA from the chart.

void ExpertRemove();

Terminates the Expert Advisor and unloads it from the chart.

Alekseu Fedotov:

void ExpertRemove(); Terminates the Expert and unloads it from the chart.

Thank you

fxsaber:

This is more concise, but probably slower

Print(StringSubstr(EnumToString(_Period), 7));

but will go like this Alert(EnumToString(ENUM_TIMEFRAMES(_Period)));

or Alert(StringSubstr(EnumToString((ENUM_TIMEFRAMES)_Period),7));

Konstantin Erin:

It's easy:

Print(StringSubstr(EnumToString((ENUM_TIMEFRAMES)_Period), 7));

Hi.I made a simple SSA indicator by klot library https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/7359 in the tester,it draws a lineas it should be but when attached to a chart it produces errors

2019.07.27 16:24:29.226 Stack overflow in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Terminal\MQL4\indicators\i_SSA.ex4'

2019.07.27 16:24:29.226 Access violation read to 0x000C0000 in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Terminal\MQL4\indicators\i_SSA.ex4'

The indicator from the article shows the same errors.

The files I use in the article are attached. I have fixed a division by zero error in the library file.

Please advise, I don't know where to look for the error.

Библиотека функций сингулярного преобразования
Библиотека функций сингулярного преобразования
  • www.mql5.com
Наверное слышали про гусеницу? Вот это она и есть.... Где брал код не помню, просто переписал с С++ на MQL4.
Files:
SSA.mq4  19 kb
i_SSA.mq4  4 kb

Reduced size of arrays in SSA library, no stack overflow error now. But history is a bit short. Question - what are the restrictions on arrays to avoid stack overflow?

Gentlemen - maybe things have changed around here... :-)

I placed the *.ex4 file in the ..MQL4/Expetrs directory on my cloud drive in the main F4you directory... It is not displayed in the terminal under "Navigation", i.e. it is not possible to run the robot.

How do I correctly install the executable expa file to run it for bidding?

Roman Shiredchenko:

Gentlemen - maybe things have changed around here... :-)

I placed the *.ex4 file in the ..MQL4/Expetrs directory on my cloud drive in the main F4you directory... It is not displayed in the terminal under "Navigation", i.e. it is not possible to run the robot.

What is the correct way to install the executable expa file to run the robot for bidding?

Storage folder: File --> Open Data Folder --> MQL4\Experts\Here.ex4

If this is the case but the EA is not visible in the navigator, then ... congratulations - you have run out of possible programmes in your navigator. You need to delete something. Unfortunately, MetaTrader4 has a limit to the number of programmes the Navigator can see. I faced this problem when creating a large number of indicators. In order not to delete a lot of them I simply copied the code into a test file and compiled and ran it - that is how I always tested the indicators I needed in one file - erased the file contents, put a new code in it, compiled and tested - finished. Then the next one - erased the contents of the file, inserted new code into it ..., and so on in a circle ...

Why might the indicator in the tester not show as it does online?
What could be the reasons?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/318997
Reason: