Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 931

Seric29:

Do such failures happen?

I don't know, I have never had one, at most if the terminal hangs during compilation of the Expert Advisor - if there is an error in the code, it has happened

It all depends on your understanding of how it all "works":

1. MT4 is 32-bit, the OS can not allocate more than 3GB of memory to it, if you set a maximum number of bars on the chart, you can eventually eat all the memory, for trading the expert a small number of bars is enough, I put only 1000 bars (you can less)

2. You should install a separate terminal for ATS and not shove it there!

3. do not make a coloring of charts, the EA does not really care, but it consumes resources, the coloring (graphical objects,custom indicators) can be done in the second terminal and you can just go there if you are itching to do it

imho, the principle of reasonable minimalism and "leave the work untouched!

Igor Makanu:

I don't know, I've never had it, at most if the terminal hangs during compilation of the Expert Advisor - if there was an error in the code, it happened

The only thing that would have happened is understanding how it all "turned around":

1. MT4 is 32-bit, the OS can not allocate more than 3GB of memory to it, if you set a maximum number of bars on the chart, you can eventually eat all the memory, for trading the expert a small number of bars is enough, I put only 1000 bars (you can less)

3. Do not make a coloring of charts, EA does not really care, but it consumes resources, the coloring can be done in the second terminal and you can just go there if you are itching to do it

I've never done that either, although I'm not trading robot but I often see how it reacts when I receive ticks on 5 min. terminal hangs dead but in this case robot has to work correctly and it won't hang like you wrote. Also, the Deinit function returns errors, such as parameters changed it triggered, robot deleted it triggered, terminal closed it again triggered. The only thing you can do is to write a program that will keep track of whether the robot is active on the chart or not.

Seric29:

You have to use and program the code competently, as you have written.

If you do not know how to use these indicators, you may try to guess them, but if you do not know how to solve the problem, you may try to avoid them, if you do not know how to solve it, and if you do not know how to solve it, you may try to avoid them, but if you do not know the problem, you may get confused. as i have already mentioned it, i don't think so - it's difficult to make the terminal hangs. here it might be hard with connection interruptions, the terminal will start to synchronize the history and all used indicators will recalculate all the history, but five if you have 1000 bars nothing will happen, MT4 is a very powerful terminal, i have tested it a couple of times, from MT5 it is 4-5 times slower than MT5, and MT5 performance is near c++.

i.e. the developers have made quite a high-quality terminal and it's often not about MT, but about who uses it )))

Seric29:

I have not had it either, although I do not trade the robot, but it often hangs compiling I often see how it reacts when a tick is received at 5 minutes to torture the robot, the terminal used to freeze jammed dead but in this case the robot itself should work correctly and it will not hang like you wrote. Also, the Deinit function returns errors, such as parameters changed it triggered, robot deleted it triggered, terminal closed it again triggered. The only thing you can do is to write a program that will keep track of whether the robot is active on the chart or not.

I would have to check the program to make sure that it works. You cannot have mercy...

Seric29:

Did you have such failures that the settings got knocked out, or did the robot itself fly off the chart because of a terminal failure?

Yes, I've had all sorts of things. It's just that when the dough is loaded, you have to react quickly... I'd load the profile with all of them, but not successively loading the sets after the robots on the TS. Yes so it seems - it works, when you load the profile, it loads with all the robot settings. Haven't tested it yet.

When you recompile a robot of the same name installed on a chart - its input parameter values don't drop out to the ones set in the code (ME) - I know it's an old one - just for info.

Although, when edits are made to external parameters - there, it seems that the settings set in the terminal after compiling the code in ME are flipped.

Seric29:

The person asked a rather interesting question about the failure and how to set everything back up, but in fact there is no way to do it. I wonder how it is possible to simulate a failure that would lead to such consequences and what the consequences would be, what settings could be lost. Are there such failures?

I don't know about now - they used to... I won't fake it... :-)

I always save everything in my profile.

There are templates too - but it's long and painful...

Igor Makanu:

I don't know, I've never had it, at most if the terminal hangs during compilation of the Expert Advisor - if there was an error in the code, it happened

The only thing that would have happened is understanding how it all "turned around":

3. do not make a coloring of charts, the EA does not really care, but it consumes resources, the coloring (graphical objects, custom indicators) can be done in the second terminal and you can just go there if you are itching to do it

Yeah... that's a long way to go for a buzz... :-)

You have to put everything on a battle terminal screen - to quickly track information and make decisions... Why else would you need it all - it's MT4 and MT5! Conquerors of all terminals :-) The half-measures are inappropriate here, especially when everything is real and very tough.

1,2,3 - nonsense at all... :-)

Roman Shiredchenko:

1,2,3 - nonsense at all... :-)

I know what users are asking for, make sure the profit for today, for yesterday, for the week appear on the screen, and even draw a virtual take profit line, and if I run a template with the same indicators on a chart, everything slows me down!

I've seen how you can wreck the terminal doing something it does not need for trading

;)

Good afternoon everyone!

Guys, advise, only do not refer to the reference book, it is not clearly described there and without examples, sometimes I meet the following entry:

void NameFunction(void); or double NameFunction(double); without variables

how does it work? What parameters are passed and from where?

What are the specifics of using Symbol() and _Symbol ? When is it better to use one or the other Symbol ?

Will the following code work correctly to check if there are orders for the current symbol ?

int ordersTotal=OrdersTotal();
      bool isOrdersExist=false;
      for (int i=0; i<ordersTotal; i++){
         if (OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==true){
            if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol()){
               isOrdersExist=true;
               break;
            }
         }
      }
Reason: