What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 46

make no mistake

Interesting: Since when is it possible to query history or prices by other symbols in MT4?

Since the beginning. only trading by other symbols is not available.

FAQ:

I understand that this is a crutch... In the current situation, you can ask to add a command for programmed change of spread in the tester. In this case, you can take data from asc symbols and get the desired spread on the fly. And this scenario is quite realizable.

Then it is no longer a software change of spread, but a simple counter in the tester parameters.

Although, as I remember something similar is in the parameters of MT4 tester, and it is called "Spread" (though I do not think it is possible to change the value in the process of testing).

Interesting:

Then it is no longer a software change of spread, but a simple counter in the tester's parameters.

Although, as I remember something similar already exists in the parameters of MT4 tester, it is called "Spread" (although in the course of testing it is not possible to change the value as I understand it).

Yes, the manual setting of spreads before testing was done, but as far as I understand, the tester makes the FHT file with that spread size. So maybe even this option will not work.

Rann:

Tried your true ECN. Didn't work for me for several reasons...

You should implement (since ECN is in your hands) table T&S, I think this approach would give additional client base of those who trade only on traded volumes.

Yes and in general would be on the front line with such know-how, at least I have seen such only on the exchanges (CME.... MICEX/RTS)

For example at LMAX (the first forex exchange, as it is called) there is only fin price without volume - there are rudiments, but it is not enough.

SZZ

11047472013.05.07 07:30sell0.10audusd1.019971.019770.000002013.05.07 07:321.01987-0.51
[-373;-10][sl]
10972442013.04.26 15:30buy0.08eurusd1.302741.299741.305742013.04.26 15:351.30261-0.520.000.00-1.04
from #1097237[-170;-2]
10956882013.04.25 11:30buy0.06gbpusd1.531651.531751.535652013.04.25 11:301.53575-0.450.000.0024.60
from #1095684[-130;+10][tp]

I understand that the vast majority of traders have not gained even a basic knowledge of MetaTrader 5 technology in so many years and are asking surprising questions:

Renat:

I take it ... surprising questions ...

"You will make a lot of discoveries..." :)

FAQ:

С самого начала. недоступна только торговля по другим символам.

Man, this is a serious and very necessary problem. And those who themselves either do not trade or do not understand its essence, jam it. The problem is that they do not know the essence of the problem, and those who do not know it jabber. If the increase in accuracy would not lead to a significant increase in profits on accounts, no one would make self-written testers and scripts. Therefore, only those who don't make money from trading can say that adding 4 doubles to the history is too much, otherwise they would be horrified at how much money is lost on it.

ANG3110:
Man, that's a serious and very necessary problem. And those who either do not trade or do not know the essence of it, they are burying it. And on the background of traders, - those who are clever turns out to be much more and it seems to developers that it is not necessary.

AscBid history is just as ineffective as Bid history. The data will still be written only OHLC data, but not divided by time when maximum Ask was reached and when maximum Bid was reached.

You will get twice as much information, but it will be only half percent more useful.

Even if MQ will make your request (which I highly doubt), you will immediately begin to grumble that it's all bullshit, let's use a tick history.

And that's because the tick history really contains a lot of additional information against bars, and for the tick history we need the full storage of Ask and Bid for each tick,

and the bar history almost doesn't change its informativeness if it is stored as AskBid or simply Bid.

Urain:

AscBid history is just as ineffective as Bid history. The data will still be written only OHLC data, without time dilution when maximum Ask was reached and when maximum Bid was reached.

You will get twice as much information, but it will be only half percent more useful.

Even if MQ will make your request (which I highly doubt), you will immediately begin to grumble that it's all bullshit, let's use a tick history.

And that's because the tick history really contains a lot of additional information against bars, and for the tick history we need the full storage of Ask and Bid for each tick,

and the bar history almost doesn't change its informativeness if it is stored as AskBid or just Bid.

Yes, access to tick history would be very good, but by today's standards it is still quite a large amount of information. If the test is based on opening prices with limiters, then the one-minute history with asks and bids is enough. Tick history is needed for mini tactics like the second it sprang out of the channel size and immediately it is picked up and processed, as it was in the experiment of Pirate at the championship before last or in the case of the German who won first place. And for tacticians trading in the channel, the asc-bid story on the minutes is quite enough. Neither me nor everyone I know would grumble. On the contrary, they will say thank you.
Reason: