What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 39

testopal:

No, Renat, I don't mind. I am a programmer myself and have been actively using MT4 recently. And I welcome the development of the programming part in MT5, but only if not to the detriment of the main purpose of the platform, namely facilitating trading for traders.

You're just looking for selective arguments in the words of your opponents, unfortunately without seeing what the interlocutor wants to say. If Rann speaking directly to you about the reasons, you can't make yourself understood, then I don't expect much more from myself. You are a professional, but unfortunately for traders as a businessman-programmer (but fortunately for business). Eventually time will tell if you are right or wrong.

No need to get sidetracked.

You stated your point quite clearly, trying to present to the public that "the platform is not made for traders". I have made it equally clear - it is not. No need to make deliberately false statements and you'll be fine.

Rannev has made his choices, which I believe are wrong. His reasons are not true (to criticise MT4 when he had MT5 in his hands without the criticised problems), just mistrust played a cruel trick.

Renat:

There is no need to go off to the side.

Absolutely not.

Renat:

You stated your point quite clearly, trying to present to the public that "the platform is not made for the trader". I have made it equally clear - it is not. No need to make knowingly false statements and you'll be fine.

You have stated nothing at all. All your statements are built on "me", "you don't understand", "13 years". I haven't seen any clearer arguments. If you missed it, poke your nose in.

Services at mql5.com should not be praised. These services are not created for traders, but for user-buyers and Metakvotes. The trader, in my deep conviction, just needs a few simple things, namely the environment around the buy and sell buttons. And in this part, MT4 and MT5 are ascetic and undeveloped. Even more, these qualities are worsened deliberately, already the famous Reconnect, is a clear deterioration of the environment around the buy and sell buttons. Turning the terminal into a Metakvotes trading desk is not an improvement for the trader either.

Renat:

Rannev has made his choice, which I believe is a flawed one. His reasons are not true (criticising MT4 when he had MT5 in his hands without the criticised problems), just mistrust played a cruel trick.

Rann has responded quite reasonably and I quite agree with his arguments.

If you do not mind, how many traders are using MT4 and how many are using MT5? I think that would be a much clearer answer than "mistrust has played a cruel trick".

I've explained a lot, but does the next "agree" need that? He has only one task - to sketch without regard to reality ("MT5 is not suitable for testing at all. I mean absolutely" - masterpiece!)

People reading a straight text are not able to assimilate it. They trivially do not see it.

Re-read the branches, including mql5.com. And don't forget to look around, preferably around the world, to appreciate the "platform is not for traders". That takes a lot of experience.

FAQ:

1) In your terminal there is a "Code Base" tab open it, right click on the selected indicator, advisor, or script. Select "install" from the context menu.

2) Nothing prevents you from connecting to any broker from the same terminal, just enter your authorisation and broker server address.

3) No, it's completely different technology.

Thanks for the answers.

1. What if I don't have my EA in "Code Base" ? Then again, there will be troubles with installation of mql-programs. Can we make some kind of installer for it?

2) This is all a pain in the ass. For example, how to register a demo account with the required broker from another terminal? I want to have only one terminal.

3) Ay yay yay. What a pity. Can we make something like a plugin for mql4 programs in MT5?

Yur:

Thanks for the answers.

What if the required advisor is not in the "Code Base"? Then again, there will be troubles with installation of mql-programs. Is it possible to make a kind of installer for this?

2. it's all a pain in the ass. For example how to register a demo account with the required broker from someone else's terminal? And I want to have only one terminal.

3) Ay yay yay. What a pity. Maybe make something like a plugin for mql4 programs in MT5?

2 ) No problem at all-

If you want to use the MetaTrader 4 terminal you should use the following link: a) every broker has its server address on its website.

b) There are a lot of sites with brokers' configuration files on the Internet, or don't go far: https: //www.mql5.com/ru/forum/143102.

Dear Renat!

Once again I'm trying to get across the message that MT5 (MT4) is for coders, not traders. The order placement is not trading, because on TF higher than H1, in the TS which gives several poses per week, you can do with a phone. The point of trading is to identify a pose and in today's world this is unthinkable without a computer.

The point of trading is determining the poses, and it's impossible to do without a computer in today's world.

faa1947 25.07.2013 10:03 #
Renat:

Dear Renat!

Due to certain circumstances I have great respect for the activities of the Metakwots.

As I see it below the following constructive criticism, if accepted, could fundamentally improve Metakvot's position in the world market.

Of course, the changes you propose will allow you to market your product more intensively. But these changes to converge 4 to 5, like the development of 5 itself, do not carry qualitative changes to your company's product, nor are they aimed at attracting qualitatively different consumers, of which there are many times more than the current ones.

Criticism from a former professional institutional trader and now a professional private trader.

Like any market product, the trading terminal has its consumer, which I will divide into two categories: a trader and a broker.

I will divide traders into two quantitatively different categories in terms of money and numbers. Professional: basic money, quantitatively just over 1000 on the MICEX. Non-professional: funny money and around 200,000 people on the MICEX. This does not include the forex market.

Both categories of traders are not interested in everything that is discussed here, because it is obvious that the improvement of the algorithmic component of the trading terminal (languages) has very little effect on the success of trading. Professional traders have the opportunity to use professional programming languages in the hands of professional programmers. And non-professional traders do not understand or need many of your improvements. Usually the trader, programming TS by himself, accumulates a certain set of templates, and then uses it for years, because the main problems are not algorithmic, but others.

You, Renat, are constantly discussing the terminal mainly with a very narrow circle of people - programmers, who, strictly speaking as such, are not consumers of your product. Therefore, your tool for solving the trader's basic problem of "poses" is not discussed.

If we look at the terminal from a trader's point of view, then to solve the trader's main problem "entering - leaving a position", there are no fundamental new suggestions from Metakvot for many years. Still the same TA, set of indicators.....

So the circle of your clients is 99% non-professional traders and a few hundred programmers possibly trading in the market.

But there are many thousands of professional institutional and millions of professional private traders in the world. Their number is constantly growing and they are regularly graduated from universities, even in Russia. They are traders who know mathematical statistics (econometrics) and also algorithmic languages.

Suggestions.

A qualitatively new product may be obtained as follows.

I do not discuss the brokerage part of the terminal.

1. You may develop a full superficial analogue of the existing terminal using R. R is distributed free of charge, it is supported, has many localizations, has a great number of publications, textbooks, conferences ....... And most importantly, it has millions of users. As the result we will have three seemingly identical terminals.

2. Make the code of this terminal open, closing the module of interaction with the broker. In R it is very easy to do, as a C program may simply be a part of R and completely hidden from the user.

3. the terminal, being a library - package, in R terminology, is one of thousands of R packages, as a result of which:

a) possibility to use very advanced algorithmic language of R (more advanced than MQL5 in my opinion, but it's not a matter of principle).

b) we get a completely natural access to a huge number of libraries for trader's tools, including those on time series, econometrics, finance, general mathematics.

c) Access to databases, other software systems (like Matlab), free use of C in R code, parallel computing, build testing based on bootstrap and resampling, debugging, ready-made code editors .... It is impossible to list everything.

d) open source code will allow for those wishing to use the rich graphics facilities of R.

4. We get free and constant advertising of the Metakvot product among millions of R users. Especially consider the rapid growth of R's popularity and its use as a standard in trading. Now I am not aware of the proposed terminal. Should I write my proposed terminal, Metacquotes could claim its terminal as a standard. Especially when you consider the MT4 and MT5 terminals that exist and are used quite extensively.

In the end Metakvots gets a new market with free worldwide advertising. A qualitatively new sales market. Including professional brokers. I concede that paid applications could be developed as add-ons to such a free terminal.

It would be interesting to know how many traders know about "R", at least know, let alone use it.

FAQ:
It would be interesting to know how many traders know about "R", at least know, not to mention its application.

I know, is it enough for you? I won't use R in my life, there is alglib, moreover there is its porting on MQL5.

And let the quants who were taught R at the institute use this R crap.

FAQ:
It would be interesting to know how many traders know about "R", at least know, let alone apply it.
There is a mainstream in trading - it's called econometrics (mathematical statistics). There is no university speciality - technical analysis! And there is econometrics, all over the world. All people who graduated in econometrics know C/C++, and mastering R is not a problem for them. And R is becoming the standard among econometricians. It has been considered improper to publish anything on econometrics for about 5 years without R code to accompany the article. R has become one of the 20 languages of the world in popularity. MQL will never be there as it is a private branch within the trading terminal. This is today, and very different from 10 years ago. It's mainstream here. We all need to stick to the mainstream, which is what I am agitating the metaquotes to do. For them, writing the terminal I suggested is much easier than bringing MT4 and 5 closer together. And the effect is impossible to compare.

Urain:

I know, is that enough for you? I won't use R in my life, there is alglib, moreover, it has been ported to MQL5.

And let the quants, who were fed R at the institute, use this R mess.

I could not find anything for models in alglib! Let's compare a set of packages in R, used for more than 10 years, and aglib, about the use of which in trading nothing is known at all.
Reason: