Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 249

artmedia70:
Only swap places. Still, Hour()>OpenHH more often than hour and minutes.

Do you think this will increase the speed of the EA? I wonder, maybe... Frankly speaking, I've never thought about order of conditions in IF...)

Sepulca:

Do you think this will increase the speed of the EA? Interesting, maybe... Honestly, I've never really thought about the order of setting conditions in IF...)
Well... I'm not talking about a huge increase, but still... until the updated terminal with the new MQL4 is released, all logical conditions are read to the end, even if the first one is false

Sepulca:

Everything seems to be correct, it should work. Tried your code in mine - it works with minutes. But only from 14:25 to 14:59, from 15:25 to 15:59 etc.

Thanks for the prompt reply, but - alas, something's not working... The code only works this way, both in the body of the script and in the body of the EA. By time and functionality - everything is fine. Orders are placed by clock only!
int start()
{
int OpenHH=14,OpenMM=25;
bool Trade=true;
//----
if (Trade) // Разрешение на торговлю.
if (TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) >= OpenHH ) // В назначенный час
{ OpenOrders();Print("Время пришло ",TimeHour(TimeCurrent()),":",TimeMinute(TimeCurrent())); return(0); } // открыть ордера.
//----
return(0);
}
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void OpenOrders(){return(0);}

But as soon as I add minutes ( TimeMinute(TimeCurrent()) >= OpenMM ) - no result.

The EA also refuses to place orders by minutes when using the StrToTime() function.

Thanks again... I will keep digging...

Sepulca:

Maybe that's better.

Nah... This doesn't work either...

Even when using another function StrToTime() - if I specify time in whole hours - everything is fine, but as soon as I add minutes - no result. Although, as I wrote in the 1st post, orders close at 23:45 on Fridays without any problems...

bool Trade=true;

string OpenTime = "14:00"; // Вот так работает!!!

string OpenTime = "14:25"; // А вот так - не работает!!!

if ( StrToTime(OpenTime) == TimeCurrent() && Trade )

{ OpenOrders();Print("Время пришло ",TimeHour(TimeCurrent()),":",TimeMinute(TimeCurrent())); return(0); }
//----
return(0);
}

Crosswert:

Nah... This doesn't work either...

Even when using another function StrToTime() - if I specify time in whole hours - everything is fine, but as soon as minutes are added - no result. Although, as I wrote in the 1st post, the orders close at 23:45 on Fridays without any problems...

bool Trade=true;

string OpenTime = "14:00"; // Вот так работает!!!

string OpenTime = "14:25"; // А вот так - не работает!!!

if ( StrToTime(OpenTime) == TimeCurrent() && Trade )

{ OpenOrders();Print("Время пришло ",TimeHour(TimeCurrent()),":",TimeMinute(TimeCurrent())); return(0); }
//----
return(0);
}

I don't know... This code works for me too....

How do you test it? If, for example, on H1 and at opening prices, it probably won't work.

Sepulca:
How do you test it? If, for example, on H1 and at opening prices, it probably won't work.
Advise to test at opening prices on the minutes.

Sepulca:
How do you test? If, for example, on H1 and at opening prices, it probably won't work.

You see, it's as simple as that... The minutes must be a multiple of TF ...

Now / if ( TimeCurrent() == StrToTime(OpenTime) && Trade ), if OpenTime = 14:25 / will work, but only on TF=M1 and M5 ... The function opening orders needs current quotes but the function closing orders doesn't need them...

I missed this point somehow (because of my inexperience)...

Thanks a lot, I have sorted it out...

Sepulca:

How do you test? If, for example, on H1 and at opening prices, it probably will not work.

Ha ha... And here's a lie...

The problem turned out to be in the OpenOrders() function. I have completely forgotten to remove control of order opening on a breakdown of a candle (bar):

if (Volume[0] > 1) return;

So, on what TF the Expert Advisor was testing, it was opening orders on those minutes...

Stupid in general, on a hard one...

Thanks...

Crosswert:

Ha ha... Here's a lie...

The problem turned out to be in the OpenOrders() function. I have completely forgotten to remove control of order opening on a breakdown of a candle (bar):

if (Volume[0] > 1) return;

So, on what TF the Expert Advisor was testing, it was opening orders on those minutes...

Stupid in general, on a hard one...

Thanks...

It happens)))) Glad to have been of help)))
Reason: