Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 245

The Trend indicator has 3 buffers, buffer 1 is responsible for colour change (I think blue is 1.00000000000, red is 1.9700). What is the source indicator for, you need its values - they are transferred via buffers.

Good afternoon! Question on mt 4. I have AO on all timeframes. Suppose on n4 I put a stochastic on top of AO and display it only on n4. It is done. Then on М15 I need a stochastic with other parameters. I put it on AO and display it only on m15, but window with AO remains without stochastic. And I have 2 stochastics in the list of indicators. Rebooted, reinstalled the terminal, does not help. Thank you.

alexey1979621:
The Trend indicator has 3 buffers, buffer 1 is responsible for colour change (it seems blue - 1.00000000000, red - 1.9700). What is the source indicator for, you need its values - they are transferred via buffers.

Press Ctrl+D, the data window opens. The data window shows the values of all indicator buffers. Move the mouse over the graph and see how the values of the indicator buffers change. Determine which buffer is responsible for which colour. For example. The line is red and the uppermost buffer in the data window has a value - it means that buffer zero is responsible for the red colour. As soon as the line colour changes, immediately in the data window the values in its buffer disappear, and in the other buffer appear. That's how you define it. Next, use iCustom() to get the values from the buffers you want. The last two digits (from left to right) correspond to the buffer number and the bar number, from which the indicator data will be taken.

Something like this.

SZZ. I did not look at the indicator myself - I have no time...

Can you tell me how to change the fractal indicator to get the following kind of fractals?

That is, the indicator should only detect such fractals and not all rubbish. Is there a solution to this question?

I am thankful in advance for help.

kifa:

Can you tell me how to change the fractal indicator to get the following kind of fractals?

That is, the indicator should only detect such fractals and not all rubbish. Is there a solution to this question?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Actually, MT4 draws fractals according to Williams' definitions. Perhaps, he was a scavenger after all.

That's exactly the fractal you'll meet once in history - exactly where you've drawn it from.

We need more general criteria. Otherwise... "...You, Ivan-Tsarevich, will never see Vasilisa the Beautiful..."

Can you please tell me how to work with .txt files in MQL4?

The task is to find the required line in .txt file and pull it out. The closest function is FileReadString(), but it returns only the first line. The FileSeek() function also moves the value to the first line.

Please advise, maybe there is a third party .dll which solves problems with arbitrary .txt files. May be there is a solution in kernel32.dll , but I haven't found it. Help please :)

p.s. now to get the data I use the original string, but the string has a size limitation, so in some situations this trick cannot be used :(

Good evening everyone!

I am learning how to optimise EAs.

In all training videos on the OPTIMIZATION GRAPHICS the balance information is presented as a continuous line

It is presented in the same way as on the chart when testing the Expert Advisor.

And I have a chart on the OPTIMIZATION GUIDE balance information presented in the form of POINTS.

http://clip2net.com/s/68CWrH

I have MT4 from Alpari (demo account)

What should I do if my balance appears as a solid line in the OPTIMIZATION graph?

I have an idea what to do.

solnce600:

Good evening everyone!

I am learning how to optimise EAs.

In all training videos on the OPTIMIZATION GRAPHICS the balance information is presented as a continuous line

in the same way as on the chart when testing the Expert Advisor.

And I have a chart on the OPTIMIZATION GUIDE balance information presented in the form of POINTS.

http://clip2net.com/s/68CWrH

I have MT4 from Alpari (demo account)

Q.What should I do if my balance appears as a solid line in the OPTIMIZATION GAP?

Thank you.

Rzhevsky is resting, so I'll just say: do not press anywhere yet. When he returns from work he will tell me where to press.)

The optimization chart has always looked in the form of dots.

Maybe you take a testing schedule as an optimisation graph?

mzk_3om6u:

Could you please tell me how to work with .txt files in MQL4?

The task is to find the required line in .txt file and pull it out. The closest function is FileReadString(), but it returns only the first line. The FileSeek() function also moves the value to the first line.

Please advise, maybe there is a third party .dll which solves problems with arbitrary .txt files. May be there is a solution in kernel32.dll , but I haven't found it. Help please :)

p.s. At the moment I use initial string to retrieve the data, but the string has a size limitation, so in some situations this trick cannot be used :(

Everything can be done with MQL4 tools. There are examples in help.

Put out the code. They will help you fix it here.

Zhunko:

Everything can be done with MQL4 tools. There are examples in the help.

Just post the code. They will help me to correct it.

The task is to take the data from the website, I got the file I attached, but I don't know what to do with it further.

int b = 100;

int a = FileOpen("zulu2.txt",FILE_WRITE);

FileWrite(a, ReadCBOE()); // получаем txt файл

FileSeek(a, 0, SEEK_CUR);

string str1 = FileReadString(a, b); //по идее должна возвращать строку длинной в 100 с начала файла

FileClose(a);

Alert(str1); // но возвращает пустоту, не зависимо от значения b

// вот и как этот файл нормально оприходовать?

Reason: