Not the Grail, just a regular one - Bablokos!!! - page 610

khorosh:

Why is it forbidden to take a loss of, say, 25%?

how can I put it ... - you will close your loss 4 times more often ( 100% / 25% = 4 )

arithmetic though mmm.......

Samburr:

how can I tell you ... - you'll close the loss 4 times more often ( 100% / 25% = 4 )

arithmetic, though. mmm.......

This is a discrepancy, however. From my experience of using real EAs: an EA with martingale may work till the first loss from 1.5 year and more.

Samburr:

in martin it's arithmetic - and you can't beat it, it's always gonna be 50/50.

And where's the advantage in martin? You pinch a little, you risk losing everything.

You can pinch a little, but often. Occasionally closing a loss of 25%. In general, the profit may be very good.

Here are the test results of one of my recent EAs. Since May 2016. No optimiser was used.

you've been a martin since '16 and you haven't lost, at +1800% ......?

that's how it is - you talk to a guy and he's got his own grail too

transcendreamer - haven't you framed the new chrAll yet ....

I can't keep up with the paperwork... Grails are becoming very plentiful...

in general, PF is stably higher than 3 on a representative investment interval. it is of course great, as well as the return of more than 1800% (if it is a reliable data)

But I would like to emphasize that you cannot always cycle on money - you cannot reach enlightenment that way!

Now a respected acolyte of Babloko has sadly remarked that he spent half an hour on the road and could not get sufficient funding.

this is unfortunate

first of all he probably blew it again almost for sure

secondly it doesn't work like that... first the archetypes and then the money

Thirdly, he flatly refused to return to the Sect, and therefore is doomed to banishment (besides, fasting can be useful).

You may not find the Grail - but you must be in the Sect!

A true Zealot of the Grail does not think of the despicable metal, but only of the quality of his strategy.

Samburr:

you've been a martin since '16 and you haven't lost, at +1800% ......?

that's how it is - you talk to a guy and he's got his own grail too

transcendreamer - haven't you framed the new hrAal yet ....

I didn't expect you to stop proving otherwise so quickly. Most, having had some bad experiences with martingale in its simplest variant, are ready to argue to stupefaction, not realising that to get results with or without martingale, you need to work very hard. And nothing ever gets done quickly.

transcendreamer:

overall PF is consistently above 3 on a representative investment interval which is of course remarkable, as is a return of more than 1800%(if it is reliable data)

Reliability is adequate to that of the tester. I understand that the results may be different on the real. But, if even 2 times a year I have to close the loss of 25%, the profitability of this Expert Advisor will still be acceptable.

khorosh:

Reliability is adequate to that of the tester. I understand that the real results may be different. But even if one has to close a loss of 25% even 2 times a year, the profitability of this Expert Advisor will still be acceptable.

In this case one can simulate a half-year trading cycle and estimate the whole interval as one big mega-deal

Today I read an article about Buffet's indicator, like the market is overheated by it, etc. I have been looking through the descriptions of the indictors in the terminal for about 15 minutes, and yes, there is one and more than one. But if anything - I have not written anything, it's mushrooms and my cat ran on the keyboard)))
Reason: