[What do you mean by the word grail] Grail. - page 7

There is nograil, for it already exists. I will repeat my IMHO in this thread:

Если считать граалем гипотетическую 100% эффективную торговую систему, то в конце концов она должна поглотить весь рынок, и заместить его собой.

То есть рынок и есть грааль . Так что грааль есть, и в то же время его нет.

И весь этот спор вырождается к курице с яйцом... :)

Mathemat:
And the drawdowns will increase from 20% to... 200.
Oh, yeah - I was just about to write that, you beat me to it yesterday... :-)

Mathemat:

There is no grail, all believers are dead!

(c) Mathemat

Alexey, just now I noticed something inquisitorial in your look.

valenok2003: Alexey, just now I noticed something inquisitorial in your look.

Thank you, Sergey, at least you noticed. That's exactly what I wanted: it's been two years in the Inquisition, it's about time to match my appearance...

P.S. And I did not notice a bit of inquisitorial in your look.

Roman.:

I always thought that only cologne was TRUE, but here you say that ASH CERTAIN GRAAL is also possible??? :-)

I don't know. But a single one is already an unbelievable steepness. 1000% p.a. or more is squeezed out.

FAQ:

If a hypothetical 100% efficient trading system is considered a grail, it should eventually swallow the entire market, and replace it with itself.

This is the proof of the non-existence of the grail I hear all the time. Can't you do it without absorbing all the money? Are you familiar with the concept of "enough"?

AlexeyFX:

This is the kind of proof of the non-existence of the grail I hear all the time. Can't you do it without absorbing all the money? Are you familiar with the concept of "enough"?

I am familiar with it, the grail is not, otherwise it immediately ceases to be the grail...

Even if a grail actually exists, it is not certain that it can be found in any reasonable amount of time.

Here is an example for an analogy. Chess is known to be a game with complete information (i.e. with a deterministic move tree). It has been proven that for such games there is always a way to calculate and construct a strategy that leads to a win or a draw. However, this does not mean that anyone will ever find such a strategy - there are too many options.

What to say about the market, where complete information is probably not available.

alsu:

Even if a grail does exist, it is not certain that it can be found in any reasonable amount of time.

Here is an example for an analogy. Chess is known to be a game with complete information (i.e. with a deterministic move tree). It has been proven that for such games there is always a way to calculate and construct a strategy that leads to a win or a draw. However, this does not mean that anyone will ever find such a strategy - there are too many options.

What to say about the market, where complete information is probably not available.

And also remember the game of Go - it is also a game with full information, but so far only one programme has been able to beat the champion, and the others are orders of magnitude weaker, as I have read. So, it is very difficult to formalise a winning strategy.

alexeymosc:
And also think of the game "Go" - it is also a game with complete information, but so far only one programme has been able to beat the champion, and the others are an order of magnitude weaker, as I read.
Where can I read? The most powerful robot I've seen uses a small cluster for calculations and has 5 amateur dunks (pro as far as the sky).
Reason: