[What do you mean by the word grail] Grail. - page 13

How are his stats?

tara:

Greatness comes from achievement, not from draining it :)

I agree. But .... I don't know anyone who has lost a fortune more than once ... and become famous.... although it's not all about the drain... yeah, it's about achievement.)

A few days ago I started reading memoirs of a stock speculator....

That's why I got in.)

tara: How are his stats?
Clarify the question. Are his statistics his condition - or his knowledge of statistics?

To clarify: his use of statistical methods.

jelizavettka:

I agree. but .... i don't know anyone else who's lost a fortune more than once ... and become famous.... although it's not all about the drain... yeah, it's about achievement.)

A few days ago I started reading memoirs of a stock speculator....

That's why I got in.)

I can recommend the Financier, Titanium, Stoic trilogy. Theodore Dreiser wrote it, I think you'll like it.

tara: Уточняю: применение им статистических методов.

I don't remember anything about that in the books about him. I doubt it, to be honest: he had no higher education. Read it here, very briefly. It's from another book, not Lefebvre's.

"Financier," "Titan," "Stoic."

I tried it. Didn't work, didn't even finish the first one. Maybe the rest would have been more interesting, I don't know.

tara:

I can recommend the Financier, Stoic, Titan trilogy.

Thank you) there's a lot of interesting things to read... would have time to spare.... I have MAGI MARKET MAGI by Schwager next in line.

Mathemat:
I don't remember anything about it in the books. I doubt it, to be honest: he had no higher education. Read it here, very briefly.

Alexei, thank you, I will read it. My question is, why do you claim that TA is a dead end and that results are only achievable with [such and such methods]?

By the way, almost all people who achieved significant results in applied fields were exactly "dilettantes in mathematics". :)

tara:
Alexey, thank you, I will read it. My question is, why do you claim that TA is a dead end, and the result is only achievable with [such and such methods]?

I'm talking about TA in the classical sense - wipers, RSI, Stoch, channels, CCI and other "tools" of amateur amateurs.

TA in a more general sense is any mathematical analysis of prices/volumes. That's the one which can help. But I will not enter into a discussion about TA.

TA in a more general sense is a tool to understand the current state of the market. Not simple, but very simple :)
Reason: