[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 235

BeerGod:

There is such a thing in the Expert Advisor, on the demo and on the real all is well, but I would like to run the code in the tester, but in the maximum time frame D1, how to write a function, if possible, that would make the maximum and minimum data of the current week were still in the tester?

Doesn't it read them in the same way you just wrote? Check in visualization mode by steps with F12 to trace the values of these variables, which you are asking for from weeks... Run the owl on the smallest timeframe that is used in the owl.

Roman.:
Doesn't it read them like you just wrote? Check in visualisation mode by steps with F12 to trace through the prints the values of these variables that you request from weeks... Run the owl on the smallest timeframe that is used in the owl.
The thing is that in the tester I put a comment in the visualization and there these values are always zero, although the history of weeks is loaded, in the demo and in real time the comment gives the correct numbers.

BeerGod:
That's the thing I put a comment in the visualization in the tester and these values are always zero there, even though the history of weeks is loaded, the comment in the demo and on the real account produces the correct numbers.

Interesting... When I was testing the owl using A. Elder's three screens a long time ago, the data from the weeks were read correctly, I think... I don't remember exactly.

As an option, try to test with another broker... If - again, zeros, then you have to make problems with the days: type min/max of Monday, if on Tuesday these min/max are overwritten, then the min/max should be equal to this Tuesday ... and then on Wednesday you compare its min/max with the min/max saved from the beginning of the week. Something like this.

Question on tester. If one optimization is running on one terminal, does it make sense to run one more optimization in another terminal of the same company in terms of speed increase for several EAs? The tester is single-threaded and uses one core. The CPU is quad-core. When adding more EAs for optimization, the entire load will be placed on the same (first) core on which the first EA has been optimized, is this true?

When running the second owl for optimization in MT5 - there are no questions about it, everything is described in the tabs of the fifth tester - load distribution by cores and everything else - i.e. it makes sense there (one owl on a quad, the second on a fiver). And if two owls on fours for optimization on one quad core computer, how will the load be distributed between cores?

Thank you.

Roman.:

Question on tester. When running one optimisation on one terminal, does it make sense to run another one in another terminal of the same computer in terms of increasing the speed of optimisation of several EAs?

I ran several simultaneous optimizations on a 2-core CPU. For example, if one lasts about 7 hours (I was doing it overnight), then with another one the optimization of the same EA on another currency pair lasted a bit longer - about 7:30-8 hours each. When I enabled the third one, it lasted already approx. 14-15 hours (maybe it was triggered after releasing a kernel in the cpu). At the same time I noticed that processor is mercilessly heating up. And if I turned on one optimization just turned on the computer (cold CPU) sometimes even lasted 6 hours, well, if overnight on a computer running all day, then 7-8 hours.

I think you can put as many optimizations as there are cores. Maybe each will take a little longer, but when calculating the performed tasks per unit time and so is faster.

Salute!

The problem is this, I'm writing code, I forget, values of price constants, parameters of standard indices. I press F1 and it won't go to the help, in general the MQL reference book doesn't work.

orb:

Salute!

The problem is this, I'm writing code, I forget, values of price constants, parameters of standard indices. I press F1 and it won't go to the help, in general the MQL reference book doesn't work.

You may try to reboot your computer and reinstall MT4 to another folder.

I'm sorry, I still can't get the indicator to work at all. I downloaded the new terminal to a different folder, I put the indicator on the chart, but it doesn't draw, nothing and no way! I just don't know what to think.

Throw out what you don't need and add what you don't want.
Start with the simplest one.

Here's a blue line, let's say. Init - SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_SECTION,STYLE_SOLID,2,CLR_NONE); //Alert ("SetIndexStyle ",GetLastError( );
SetIndexBuffer(2,BlueBuffer3); //Alert ("SetIndexBuffer ",GetLastError( );
SetIndexEmptyValue(2,0.0);

Start- for (i=0;i<100;i++) { BlueBuffer3[i]= Open[i];}
for (i=330;i<500;i++) { BlueBuffer3[i]= Open[i];}

It's like, how much easier!!!

Reason: