Engineer Garin's Paraboloid - page 6

IgorM:

With a dentist, to drill a hole also takes a couple of minutes, and with a surgeon, to make a cut with a scalpel is like pulling a piece of sausage with a knife, and with a driver you don't have to think hard - just push the pedals one by one and drive wherever you want, and with a programmer you push the buttons with your finger and all, the code is ready. I will look forward to when you personally at least "half a dozen lines of code", that's all...

It's like having a profitable strategy in your head, everywhere you look on history, well, it works and profits everywhere ... What a pity I have no money to check, too lazy to read and learn how to program, the same thing programmers can write codes, but they have no thoughts of their own - mediocrities in a word!

SZS: google : mql parabolic ea, I think you'll find a couple hundred ready-made codes

I have already downloaded about two dozen of these ea's and others. And they all open an order and close it according to parabolic signals. I have a good idea to change each of them in order to open a couple of orders and close a couple of them, but I do not know how to close only a profitable one and the rest of them - on the next parabolic signal! This is where I'm asking for help. If you do not want - go ahead, I traded with my hands. I have already given you the idea. For free. And your gratitude is obviously in your words. Well, thank you. I wish you the same treatment!

Mendikero:

Can I, can I answer for him? You and I agree to open one order without a loc and I open a couple of orders in the loc at noon and close it at noon the next day. After that you immediately open another order and the next day close it again at noon and I complete the lock by closing the second order. For ease of calculation, let's take a daily price movement of 100 pips. In the table on the left hand side all possible price trajectories are shown in the column, and at the top all possible moves are shown, yours are without a lock on one order, and mine are with a pair of lock orders:

Is the difference clear? With any of your efforts you have twice the drawdown and half the chance to make a profit!

You have a mistake. In the last two lines you will not make 200, but 100.

It just turns out that "my" result is 2 times more than "yours", both in profit and drawdown, as I worked with twice as much volume.

There is no difference.

Apart from that, I can suggest "my" working strategy, which gives completely similar results to "yours". I do not open any orders on the first day, I will only open 1 order at noon on the second day and close it at noon on the third day. But I will choose the direction of the order according to the price movement of the first day. If the price went up, I will open a down order, and if it went down, I will open an up order. In this case the result will be fully consistent with the work with the lot. Then what is the difference?

sand:

You have a mistake. In the last two lines you will not make 200, but 100.

It's just that "my" result is twice as big as "yours", both in profit and drawdown, because I worked with twice as much volume.

There is no difference.

Yes, that's right, I've gone too fast, I'll fix that. Only it doesn't change your chances of making a profit: you have a one in four chance, I have a one in one chance. And your possible drawdown remains twice as high as mine.

And we have the same volumes - what makes you think your lot is bigger than mine? We have the same lots!

Mendikero: And "labour" is a strong word. It's a lot of work to scribble a dozen lines! But the idea I am giving away for free, you would be sold for ten thousand quid by a greedy trader! Is it enough to pay for the "great work" of a programmer?
One more post like that and you will be banned for stupidity and disrespect for others. There are already precedents.

... How many times have we told the world... © that lock is a dead end and will do nothing but double spreads/commissions. Judge for yourself:

by entering the market "both ways" you simply give the broker 2 spreads and no longer depend on price movements. The profit is equal to the loss. Then the fun part starts when you close one of the positions. By closing any of them, you are betting that the price will go in the direction you want! In other words, it would be easier to just open once.

... ...but it doesn't work out... ©

Mendikero:

Yes, that's right, I've overreacted, I'll fix that. Only it doesn't change your chances of making a profit: you have a one in four chance, I have a one in one chance. And your possible drawdown remains twice as high as mine.

And we have the same volumes - what makes you think your lot is bigger than mine? We have the same lots!

Let's not talk about lots. But otherwise, on average I make twice as much profit and drawdown as you do. The drawdown itself is not important, what is important is how it relates to profit. The ratio is the same as yours. I have a 1:4 chance of profit and a 1:4 chance of loss, in the other two cases I have nothing to lose or gain. You make a profit in two out of four cases, with the same probability you have a loss. The ratio is the same.

Mathemat:
One more post like this and you will be banned for being stupid and disrespectful to others. There are already precedents for this.

Wait a while, let's deal with the lock. ))

sand:
Apart from that, I can suggest "my" working strategy, which gives completely similar results to "yours". On the first day I do not open any orders, I will only open 1 order at noon of the second day and close it at noon of the third day. But I will choose the direction of the order according to the price movement of the first day. If the price went up, I will open a down order, and if it went down, I will open an up order. In this case the result will be fully consistent with the work with the lot. Then what is the difference?
In this case there is no difference. Where is the advantage?

Mendikero:
In this case there is no difference. Where is the advantage?

There is no advantage either, if we forget about the fact that you will pay the spread for 2 orders and I will pay for 1.

But the conversation started with the idea that there were advantages to working with loco. I took it upon myself to show that there are no advantages to lock.

Reason: