Engineer Garin's Paraboloid - page 23

Once again, if you believe that there is a force acting on the ball away from the centre, bother to explain where it is acting from, because all forces are material and have a source.

TheXpert:

The force of friction cannot propel anyone forward. It doesn't move you from your seat -- it keeps your feet from sliding.

Andrei! What are you talking about?

If the force of friction did not move anybody and nothing, we, humans, and forex at the same time, would have been blown off the planet long ago. But no, we fly together with Mother Earth, and for a long time already ..... :)

alsu:

Alexey, don't listen to these counting scientists.

They are the reason for the "blowing a hydraulic cylinder into a ball" fun among locksmiths. It's really quite a spectacular spectacle, especially the moment when the internal pressure becomes higher than the limit of fluidity of the material. :)

joo:

Because of these, there is a fun game among locksmiths called 'ballooning a hydraulic cylinder'. It's really quite a spectacular spectacle, especially the moment when the internal pressure becomes higher than the yield strength of the material. :)

Is there no video anywhere? It would be interesting to watch)

alsu:
Isn't there a video anywhere? It would be interesting to see)

I haven't seen the video.

But have seen many things live, for example, also cool - the shot of the rod from the hydraulic cylinder!

People, sometimes, are hard to change their minds, especially if they are chief engineers and chief technologists and you are a simple calculation engineer.

I've seen one of those "pile crusher" things. :) I told them at the time - it will not work, it will break the pile and the structure will collapse on the supports. Well, in the end they cut it up with a torch for scrap metal...

joo:

I haven't seen the video.

But have seen many things live, for example, also cool - a shot of a rod from a hydraulic cylinder!

People are sometimes hard to change people's minds, especially if they are chief engineers and chief technologists and you are just a calculating engineer.

I've seen such a thing as a "pile driver". :) I told them at the time - it will not work, it will break the pile and the structure will collapse on the supports. Well, in the end they cut it up with a torch for scrap metal...

In our country it would probably work)) the city is on a swamp, with a layer of sand on top. When piles are driven at construction sites, they sometimes gurgle into the swamp three at a time)))) But the houses are standing... almost all of them))

http://www.google.ru/search?q=в+arhangelsk+upal+home

This is roughly how we live))) once a year steadily

alsu:
Once again, if you believe that a force acts on the ball in the direction away from the centre, then bother to explain where it is acting from, because all forces are material and have a source.

Wait, don't confuse the concepts - it was originally about the presence of inertial forces, more precisely about the centrifugal force. Naturally, in the ball-rope-fastening system, the centripetal force is the force with which the thread acts on the ball, while the ball acts on the thread with the centrifugal force, the existence of which was denied. It wasn't about what forces act on the body, it was about the existence of such forces in general.

tara 24.02.2012 22:44
Profitable locks do not exist, as a centrifugal force. By the way, profitable ones do not occur often.

I have re-read your posts carefully - I understand the reason for the question. Regarding the action of the centripetal force: my answer was not quite correct, or rather did not correspond to your statement. You meant the force acting on the ball itself, I meant that there is a centrifugal force in the ball-rope-fastener force system - therefore I spoke about the force leading to the tension of the thread and the occurrence of centripetal force.

VladislavVG:

Wait, don't confuse the concepts - we were originally talking about the presence of inertial forces, more precisely about the centrifugal force. Naturally, in the ball-rope-fastening system, the centripetal force is the force with which the thread acts on the ball, while the ball acts on the thread with the centrifugal force, the existence of which was denied. It was not a question of which forces act on the body, but of the existence of such forces in general.

Don't move away - you claimed that _the ball_ has a centrifugal force acting on it, supposedly balancing the force of gravity. You also claimed that there is a centrifugal force acting on the satellite, balancing gravity.

The fact that the force acting on the thread is called centrifugal here is just a confusion of concepts, because it is not the force of inertia in the conventional sense, but the force of the ball's reaction to the impact of the thread, arising in accordance with Newton's 3rd law.

In the satellite example, it too acts on the earth with its gravity, and exactly the same in modulo. But you wouldn't make that force (acting from the satellite on the earth) centrifugal.

VladislavVG:

Wait, don't confuse the concepts - we were originally talking about the presence of inertial forces, more precisely about the centrifugal force. Naturally, in the ball-rope-fastening system, the centripetal force is the force with which the thread acts on the ball, while the ball acts on the thread with the centrifugal force, the existence of which was denied. It was not a question of what forces act on the body, but of the existence of such forces in general.

SZZ I have re-read your posts carefully and understand the reason for the question. Regarding the action of the centripetal force: my answer was not quite correct, or rather did not correspond to your statement. You meant the force acting on the ball itself, I meant that there is a centrifugal force in the ball-rope-fastening force system - that's why I spoke about the force leading to the tension of the thread and the occurrence of centripetal force.

I almost agree. In a ball-rope system (I don't understand about fixing), there MAY be a concept of a centrifugal force, one that would create exactly the same acceleration as a centripetal force, but in the opposite direction. The presence of such a force would save us a lot of pain, completely unnecessary in solving applied mechanics problems. In other words, I perfectly understand your motivation, when you have defended the right of concept, - it is, certainly, constructive and necessary. I was surprised at another thing - you have shown the highest level of conformity in relation to loci, emphasizing their insignificance, but you have not perceived a completely symmetric position in a close and perfectly familiar to you subject area. Centrifugal force is one of the loci in mechanics. It is not the only one.
Reason: