Interesting and humorous - page 212

Forexman77:
More expensive, a steamboat would detour around the continent to sail to Europe, expensive directly.

search online, but I know that in 2012 - from Beijing to Moscow by car about $2.5-3.0/kg, by plane $5.0-6.0/kg, by sea in containers $0.2-0.4/kg.

Compare.

No, I lied, 20-40 cents - it was by sea from China to Vladivostok and then by rail to Moscow.

In short, by sea is much cheaper

Demi:
) by road and rail is ALWAYS more expensive from China to Europe than by sea.
Uh-huh. There is no railway through China to Europe, it seems)

Forexman77:
Uh-huh. There is no railway through China to Europe I think)

but not via Russia?

For simplicity, it is common practice to find out the price for shipping a container from the closest port to your supplier to a convenient port of arrival on FOB delivery terms. This figure looks something like this: FOB SHANGHAI - St. Petersburg 40'DC FREE IN LINER OUT (FILO) ALL IN - $3100. http://www.vdnk.ru/site/ru/container-transportation-services

A 20' container - more than 20 tons of cargo. Share and find out.

Much cheaper by sea.

Demi:
) by road and rail from China to Europe is ALWAYS more expensive than by sea.
Because there is no direct road. Yes, you were right the road is being built, but somehow without enthusiasm.

Forexman77:
Because there is no straight road. Yes, you were right, they are already building the road, but somehow without enthusiasm.
On the contrary - China has actively started construction. Only it does not go through Russian territory.

Demi:
On the contrary - the construction has been actively launched by China. Only it does not go through Russia.

As far as I understand, auto delivery is now to the Usurinsk area, and from there by car or by rail?

It's a detour again. The road that is being built now excludes this section.

Isn't it going through Russia? http://www.silk-road.kz/sites/all/themes/lavalin/images/carta1.jpg

Forexman77:

As far as I understand, auto delivery is now to the Usurinsk area, and from there by car or by rail?

It's a detour again. The road that is being built now excludes this section.

Isn't it going through Russia? http://www.silk-road.kz/sites/all/themes/lavalin/images/carta1.jpg

No, the project "New Silk Road" that China is investing money in now goes from China to Kazakhstan (why make a detour through Russia when China and Kazakhstan share a border), one branch goes to Aktau port and across the Caspian Sea to Baku, another branch from Kazakhstan to Turkmenistan to Turkmenbashi port and across the Caspian Sea to Baku. From Baku by rail and road to Georgia, there are two branches, one to Turkey and one via Poti and the Black Sea to Istanbul, Varna, Constanta and Odessa

Demi:

No, the New Silk Road project, in which China is now investing money, goes from China to Kazakhstan (why make a detour through Russia when China and Kazakhstan share the same border), one branch goes to Aktau port and across the Caspian to Baku, a second branch from Kazakhstan to Turkmenistan, to Turkmenbashi port and from there across the Caspian to Baku. From Baku by rail and road to Georgia, there are two branches, one to Turkey and one via Poti and the Black Sea to Istanbul, Varna, Constanta and Odessa

I think it is the other way round via Russia. Just imagine how much time it will take to load and unload cargo via two seas.

Wouldn't it be easier to go through China, Kazakhstan, Russia and then Belarus or Ukraine?

Reason: