TA or something you don't know about. - page 25

C-4:

No, it's the income of his rank-and-file employees, like the guys in jackets who advise you to buy and sell on TV.

Oh, I get it! You think the decision to downgrade Greece, for example, was made by a guy in a jacket earning $50,000 a year?

All right, thanks, I got it. Nice talking to you.

C-4:
FA in forex is not at all what Greenspan or some Moody's jerks said. If you trade on this information noise - then you are a noise trader, and in general for your account it does not matter at all what position you take at a particular point in time, the overall result will ultimately be zero anyway. As for Forex, I cannot tell you which fundamental indicators are driving its quotes. There are no definite indicators. What seems to move the price up today, will move it down tomorrow, and vice versa. If the interest rate goes down after you cut it, the next time it will go up. After the fact, the explanations are as follows: "The interest rate has fallen, but not as much as the market was expecting" or "The market has already taken an interest rate cut beforehand and we are now seeing a correction in the interest rate cut". Maybe that information noise sounds logical to you, but it is in any case useless from a prognosticating point of view. The real FA is too complex and multifaceted to be found and formulated. In any case, I do not know such a thing, so I cannot help you in this matter.

I will not argue - there may have been periods of negative correlations of interest rates with the direction of currency pairs, caused by local corrections. Not without that. No regularity in the market works with 100% probability. That's what authors of clever books are for, not to trade, but to sell the sensations they find or invent. But just look at the W1/MN chart of e.g. GBPJPY to see that the pair steadily rose from 2000 to mid-2007 while the pound rate was one of the highest, and has been plummeting since mid-2007 and is now falling after a series of declines during the crisis.

I'm not looking at intraday or even intra-week movements, once again we are talking about the long term. Rates are the driver of a carry trade, there is nothing to argue about.

goldtrader:

I will not argue - there may have been periods of negative correlations of interest rates with the direction of currency pairs, caused by local corrections. Not without that. No pattern in the market works with 100% probability. That's what authors of clever books are for, not to trade, but to sell the sensations they find or invent. But just look at the W1/MN chart of e.g. GBPJPY to see that the exchange rate of the pair has been steadily growing from 2000 to mid-2007 while the pound rate was one of the highest, and has been rapidly falling since mid-2007 and is now falling after a series of declines during the crisis.

I'm not looking at intraday or even intra-week movements, once again we are talking about the long term. Rates are the driver of a carry trade, there is nothing to argue about.

I'm not arguing. My point is simply that there are no obvious and logical solutions. The graph you cited is not so good because it covers the crisis year of 2008. During a crisis, every conceivable and inconceivable relationship collapses. Although, after the crisis, the pound continued its fall against the yen, which indirectly speaks in favour of the carry trade effect.

Ah, I see! You think the decision to downgrade Greece, for example, was made by a guy in a jacket earning $50,000 a year?
All right, thanks, I get it. Nice talking to you.

Better listen to what the smart journos are saying: Moody's is a US agency and the wall-street guys benefit from downgrading Greece. So Moody's will do what they say to protect their interests, which is exactly what happened in this case.

In general, you might get the wrong impression of me, as if I am sitting on the fence and shouting down everything that comes my way. I'm not. I tend to think that technical analysis alone is not enough to earn money on Forex market. For medium-term and short-term strategies you need a long-term filter. Simple TA is not suitable for this role. For example weekly moving average is not suitable because it has no predictive value. If the kerry trends do exist, then the filter based on them will significantly improve the results of simple TA medium term strategies. We will have to test this possibility.

Gentlemen.

I honestly flipped through all the pages not written by me!!! // nonsense in my thread! It's honourable, it's misanthropic...

Why am I here?

Looks like it's time to carry on. Na how?! You haven't given yourselves one iota, not one iota (ha! an English translator will understand!) to at least assume that the market is about impulses and reactions, not what I-you assumed(s).

(ingratiatingly) You know what I assumed?

You don't want to know! )))

===

But - to the point.

So.

You have a certain amount of money. You want to dispose of it. How do you do it?

Suppose you decide to enter the Forex market (Mamba, RTS - it does not matter). What do you see?

Usually - nih/shit/. So - chart, etc. What do you do with it?

The first thing you need to understand is - what's going on in the market right now. A +2 fractal is enough to get your bearings. You can spell all you want that the market is not persistent, pardon - not inertial, but it is. If you do not believe - go to hell, I mean, do not get out - why do you need this life at all?

Next. What TA tools are there to decide - and where am I? - about that - next.

===

Just try and fuck up the thread...

Svinozavr:

Gentlemen.

I honestly scrolled through all the pages not written by me!!! // nonsense in my thread! This is honourable, this is misanthropic...

===

Just try it, litter the branch...

You've got to look after your shitter...

lasso:

You should keep an eye on your shitter...

Pop. // have an objection7

So I'll continue.

===

Vitaly! I'm not a moderator. And I, by the way, deliberately gave up moderated thread. So...))

So be it!

Svinozavr:

Pop. // have an objection7

So I'll continue.

No. Please continue.

Mischek:

No. Please continue.

Who's going to stop me... 2012? )))

Svinozavr:

Who's going to stop me... 2012? )))
Come on, keep on burning.