Hi, Roni. Thank you so much for this EA.
Is there any way, or any setting, to disable the plotting of the lines on the chart when a position is opened?
Thank you and God bless.
This is my first post, i have been searching and searching for a EA that i believe does exactly this.
Roni, Excellent work!!
I would like to place trades manually via my phone using MT4 mobile app, setting a hard stop loss, purely so i can sleep at night ;).
What i would then like to do is have 2 computers in different locations both connected to my account running an EA that updates and sets stop losses trailing my trades. I want to enforce some level of failover and protection from Software, Hardware or internet lag or failure.
I don't want to set any take profit for my trades because i'm hoping when the EA reverses it will hit the stop loss, maximising potential profits.
Here are some questions:
1. Is there any guides to explain what each of the options mean and the presets available?
2. When placing trades via my phone they appear within MT4 on my computer, will this EA still work (assuming my computer is on and EA enabled) when the trades were placed via a different device? Meaning this will be working like a hot folder, waiting for a trade to appear and automatically apply?
3. Will this EA work if installed on 2 different machines running MT4 monitoring the same account? Will it get confused and not trigger or do something weird?
4. What are the units used in the EA? pips or points? I've experimented with trailing stop built in to MT4 using points and it didn't seems to work.
5. In the notes it says stop loss must be set to 0 to work Please elaborate, does that mean i can not set a physical stop loss when placing the trade for it work?
6. SL & TP Mode, if set to hidden this means no physical stop loss is set within the broker and the EA silently applies these based on the set parameters and applies when they are met?
7. Profit Lock, what does this mean?
8. Trailing stop, what is the difference between: Classic, Stay keep distance and step by step?
9. Chart Symbol Selection, just to confirm this will apply to all open orders?
10. If i don't set a take profit within the EA will this work by falling back to the trailing stop loss when the trend slows down or reverses?
11. Out of curiosity what trailing stop losses do other people use? you wouldn't want to trigger a tight stop loss in a trend but equally you want to maximise profit when the trend hits the stop loss.
Again, Roni, awesome work!!
It would be nice if SL and TP were set immediately, and not when the order is activated. Since with a loss of Internet connection, a pending order may remain on the chart without SL.
Why not add a hidden indicator to the EA settings so that the EA can be tested on the tester.
It has built-in tester, bro. Please check it.
Hi, thank you chrisc30A.
Here are the Q&A:
2. When placing trades via my phone they appear within MT4 on my computer, will this EA still work (assuming my computer is on and EA enabled) when the trades were placed via a different device? Meaning this will be working like a hot folder, waiting for a trade to appear and automatically apply?A: Yes
A: You should prevent this.
A: EA used points as unit.
A: Yes, this should be on Automatic SL n TP only.
A: This means A first trailing stop.
A: Classic, move by 1 point. Stay keep distance, keep distance between current price and trailing stop. Step by step, move it by trailing step point.
A: Yes, if you set the trailing stop.
A: Profit lock and Trailing stop (with mode : stay keep distance) will be a good choice.
I'm sorry. no setting for this.
Hello. Thank you for sharing this great tool. I find it very useful in scalping. I have a specific question :
First my parameters :
Take profit 0
Stop loss 70
Target points to lock profit 60
Profit to lock 50
So when im 60 points ahead, ea locks 50 points of profit. Thats great so far. However I want it to trail the price if it goes more than 60 points and lock profit if it comes back 20 points.
Example : Price goes up 60 points -> EA locks 50 points profit -> Price goes up more to 80 points -> EA moves stop to +60 points (20 points below current price but it only does that if it is above the amount i write on "target points to lock profit"
I tried to enable trailing stop with different trailing methods and settings but couldnt find out how to do this.
Thank you very much!
At first, Profit lock set to 60 and profit to lock to 50. For the next trailing stop, you could use Trailing stop 80 and set trailing step to 60, mode step keep distance.
First off, great product! I love it!
I have struggled with this for a while now. Say I want at 500 points profit, I want to lock 250 points. Then I want for every additional 250 point profit, I want to lock another additional 250.
For example 500 points in profit, lock 250, 750 points in profit, lock 500, 1000 points in profit, lock 750....so on and so on every 250 points.
I've got the 500 / 250 lock down, but the mode and the settings beyond that, I'm confused. Any help would be greatly appricated!
You have a great ea and i used it for years. I would like to add one more improvement if its posiblle.
Most people often use on same pair several eas,is it posiblle for Ea to manage only one group of open order instead all for example.
Lets say 3 systems are trading on EURUSD, and i would like that ea trails only orders on one system, but leave the others untouched.
My Suggestion would be adding MAgic number option.
Magic Number - empty / ea manages all trades open/according to original setup (by chart , or all open orders)
Magic Number field filled with numbers, lets say 321, 456, 5553433, ea will track and manage only orders with those magic numbers/number and ignore the rest.
Is this posiblle to add?
Thanks. At first, you need to enable Profit Lock = 500, Profit to Lock = 250. Then enable Trailing stop, set it to 500, Trailing step 250, Trailing Mode = Step Keep Distance.