Avalanche - page 60

There is a more profitable and yet simple way to exit the Avalanche. After several reversals and the price going into profit, you need to give the terminal the command "Close overlapped orders". It will automatically close all orders, except for the last unbalanced order, proportionally reducing its volume. After that you can put Trailing Stop on it and collect more profit in case of further price movement in the same direction, than in case of simple closing of all orders - because the volume of the remaining order is much larger than the first, initial order. For example:

First reversal: 0.1 / 0.4
Second reverse: (0.1 + 1.1) / 0.4
Third reversal: 1.2 / (0.4 + 2.0) - and the price has moved in profit.

We close the overlapped orders and one profitable order is left with the volume 2.4 - 1.2 = 1.2 (twelve times more than the initial order!) that is moving in the positive direction and is insured by the trawl.

khorosh >>:

Можете показать картинку за тот же период?

So that's it, same period, $100 start, more work to be done on closure

alex_r писал(а) >>

Like this, same period, $100 start, more work to be done on the closing

Also risky, as it seems that averaging with martin is used.

JonKatana писал(а) >>
There is a more profitable and yet simple way to exit the "Avalanche". After several reversals and the price going into profit, you need to give to the terminal command "Close overlapped orders". It will automatically close all orders, except for the last unbalanced order, reducing its volume proportionally. After that you can put Trailing Stop on it and gain more profit in case of further price movement in the same direction than you would get by simply closing all orders, since the volume of the remaining order is much larger than the first, initial order. For example:

First reversal: 0.1 / 0.4
Second reverse: (0.1 + 1.1) / 0.4
Third reversal: 1.2 / (0.4 + 2.0) - and the price has moved in profit.

We close the overlapped orders and one profitable order is left with the volume 2.4 - 1.2 = 1.2 (twelve times more than the initial order!) that is moving in the positive direction and is insured by the trawl.

Thanks for the fruitful idea. What size trawl do you normally use?

khorosh >>:
Спасибо за плодотворную идею. Какую величину трала обычно используете?

For EURUSD - 15 pips in case of a fast price movement. In case of a sluggish movement, you can set the minimum allowed by your DC.

JonKatana писал(а) >>

For EURUSD - 15 pips in case of a fast price movement. In case of a sluggish movement, you can set the minimum allowable by your BC.

I don't have an easy closing process either. All orders are closed and deleted if the current profit value reaches a certain value, set in external parameters
MaxGetProfit, and then decreases by 20% of that value. This method allows you to get much bigger profit than MaxGetProfit if the movement is small.

JonKatana >>:
Есть более прибыльный и при этом простой способ выхода из "Лавины". После нескольких разворотов и уходе цены в прибыль, нужно отдать терминалу команду "Закрыть перекрытые ордера". Он автоматически закроет все ордера, кроме несбалансированного последнего, пропорционально уменьшив его объем. После этого можно поставить на него Trailing Stop и собрать бОльшую прибыль в случае дальнейшего движения цены в том же направлении, чем при простом закрытии всех ордеров - ведь объем оставшегося ордера значительно больше первого, начального ордера. Например:

Первый разворот: 0.1 / 0.4
Второй разворот: (0.1 + 1.1) / 0.4
Третий разворот: 1.2 / (0.4 + 2.0) - и цена пошла в прибыль.

Закрываем перекрытые ордера, остается один прибыльный ордер объемом 2.4 - 1.2 = 1.2 (в двенадцать раз больше начального!), который движется в плюсовом направлении, страхуемый тралом.

I don't know what I'm getting at in this life... Either it's an avalanche of nonsense...
"Price turned a profit" is a cryptic phrase... "Close overlapped orders" - nothing mysterious in general, but it's not clear how it helps...
Actually, such a wonderful feature as "Close overlapped orders" - is only OrderCloseBy(order1,order2). in a loop until all the lots are closed, if there are....
And of course, it's fully used everywhere (including in my Expert Advisor, which I created according to your scheme). It allows us to reduce orders for server and save one spread at each lot.

But there is one problem here... a small one... This circus trick does not increase equity in any way:). If equity is in deep anal avalanche, it won't increase one bit.

But when the price finally "went into profit" - then you can close it any way you want... A profit is a profit. Another thing is to wait for the price to turn profit before the great and terrible one comes...

I tried to use it even with a profit level of just 1 pip - sooner or later it goes into longs of 7-8 knees... The beautiful pictures posted in different cities are very interesting.

And the beautiful pictures posted earlier by various speakers, as it turns out now, are pictures from completely different things, which simply sometimes use loki with aggressive MM ... I.e. the avalanche itself in these pictures is not much... Just loki and aggressive MM nothing more...

Once again - go back a dozen pages - there is an Expert Advisor... that exactly reproduces the avalanche. Exactly as it is presented by the topicstarter. You can run it however you want... Put profit fixing on 1. The possibility that the price will break through the channel, and at least one pip will jump... But no, gentlemen... It goes very quickly into deep losing lots for 7-8 or even 10 flips.

The main thing is to look at the pips on the left and the right. Using locks and aggressive MM - used quite often and has the right to life ...
The main thing here is that the strategy can't be beaten, it doesn't have the right to live... Because you'll lose 100% and without any reservations. What has been proven by numerous tester runs...
And naive people testing in the demo realtime (and don't let the too hot heads who thought about testing on the real dough) - I'll just say one thing... you're just wasting your time... This avalanche could last a couple or three weeks... or maybe a month... but then it's still going to come. You can see it clearly in the tester... run it, save time.

lexandros >>:

Пробовал гонять даже при уровне профита всего в 1 пипс - все равно рано или поздно заходит в локи по 7-8 коленей... и тут уже никакие финты не спасут, кроме гигантского депо с мизерным выхлопом...

Еще раз говорю - листаните назад на десяток страниц - лежит советник... в точности воспроизводящий лавину. Именно в таком виде, как она представлена топикстартером. Можете гонять как угодно... Ставить фиксацию профита хоть на 1. Уж, вроде бы, вероятность что цена пробив канал, проскочит хоть один пипс - очень велика... Ан нет, господа... О-очень быстро зарывается в глубокие локи на 7-8 а то и 10 переворотов.

I've already written about it. I'll say it again for you. If you have "very quickly buried in deep lots for 7-8 or even 10 flips", as you wrote - what is the problem? Put on the corridor borders inverted orders (Buy Limit and Sell Limit) with Take Profit on the opposite border. And you will constantly make profit - because you have a "very fast" price reversal up to 10 times within the corridor.

lexandros писал(а) >>

I wonder why you have placed a loop for closing orders inside another one
while(count_buy>0)
   {
It usually happens with just one loop. I may be guessing the reason but I would like to know your version.

In general, in order to confidently state whether or not Avalanche is capable of working, you need to have 100% confidence in the correct operation of the Expert Advisor. And you yourself wrote that it was made on a cratch.

ZS: By the way... as a few smart people have already written before, the topicstarter seems to have real problems with arithmetic from the third grade school curriculum...
It's about - how much the price should pass from the width of the channel, already on the first U-turn...
Elementary arithmetic.
On the border of the channel, the orders of 1 lot each.
The channel width is 20 points.
Assume that the profit fixation level is 20 points (the channel width). To simplify calculations.
The price has grabbed the order and went back.

On the opposite border - we have doubled the lot. According to the "amazing" calculations of the TS author, he is absolutely sure for some reason and tries to convince people that the price needs to go beyond the channel boundary by exactly these 20 points in order to reach the target profit. Let's see what happens on the reversal. I.e. in the break.
We have reached the opposite border
we have 1*20=20 points minus on equity.
The tray is opened with a double lot.
As a result: we have an initial loss of 20 points on the border of the channel and two positions. Loss 1 lot. Profitable 2 lots.
That is, beyond the border of the channel, if price goes further we have 1 pip profit for every 1 point of price movement.
So. To break-even. The price needs to pass beyond the channel boundary at 20 p. This will bring our equity to zero.
Now, in order to reach the profit, we need to pass another 20 points.
In other words, price has to go 3 points past the channel width in order to make the target profit on the first reversal. The channel itself, 20 points behind the channel to cover the loss and 20 points more to make a profit.
This is on one reversal.
If you have two or more turns, you may calculate them yourself, if you are interested. If hand calculation is tiresome - you may open an excel spreadsheet... Everything becomes much simpler and more obvious.

But the topic-starter's "arithmetic" is different... Apparently I went to the wrong school and studied the wrong multiplication table...
And out of these false calculations - there are false beliefs about "unkillable" and the ease of getting out of Loki ...
Loki is a controversial thing... And a lot has been broken about their usefulness or harmfulness... And lots with increasing lot - is a swamp ... Out of them to profit, or at least to zero - a problem not from the category of trivial ...
Reason: