Don't go to the market, girls ;) - page 11

ZZZEROXXX:
Both market prices probably mean that the price does not move from the limit price.
It depends on what price you set the limit price for :) If you set a buy limit at 100 and put a sell limit at 100, or even 99, the price will be 100. And "both market" is beyond comprehension )

here are the calculations with charts for Thursday's deals.

Files:
fjxqg.zip  706 kb

Ah, your calculation is not what I thought it would be. Then it's the other way around: if the graph goes up, it's trending, and if it goes down, it's flat.

Meat:
If you have a buy limit at 100 and you put a sell limit at 100, or even 99, then
then it's not a limit order, but a market bid.

ZZZEROXXX:
it is no longer a limit sell order, but a market sell order
No, it is a limit bid (i.e. "execute at a price no worse than ..."). A market bid is "execute at any price".

Meat:

Ah, your calculation is not what I thought it would be. Then it's the other way around: if the graph goes up, it's trending, and if it goes down, it's flat-lining.

Well, yes, but there is an alternative, tell me, maybe it would be more correct?

Sanek, what's the point of this thread? You're looking at a minuscule part of the market, without even seeing all the positions that are traded there. Some of the positions are hedging, some are arbitrage.

And why are you licking the spread? Earn a thousand bucks, then lick it (from the other side). In the meantime, take what your hands can reach.

The mood in this small part of the market is impossible to guess. Everywhere you look, there is a fault. Unless you arbitrage a little.

Meat:
No, it is a limit bid (i.e. "execute at a price no worse than ..."). A market bid is "execute at any price".
So you rule out the possibility that a limit order, or at least something that was originally intended to be a limit order, could immediately become a market order?

ZZZEROXXX:
So you exclude the fact that your so-called limit order, at least originally intended to be so, can immediately become a market order when it is placed?
What difference does it make?

TheXpert:

Sanek, what's the topic?

Wear a moustache... )

Nothing, as always.

I'm just messing around.

YAZES: )

Reason: