No more Locke's in MT5? [о_0] - page 8

This is a strange situation. In my opinion, whether LOC is good or bad has to be decided by each trader. After all, the presence of LOC in the system does not oblige everyone to use it. And its absence unconditionally obliges absolutely everyone NOT to use it. This is discrimination.

lusp писал(а) >>

... The lack of it (LOC) unequivocally obliges absolutely everyone NOT to use it. That's some kind of discrimination.

Absolutely agree! Categorically against banning the use of LOC! This is exactly discrimination. Why only the requests of brokerage companies are taken into account, and not the traders?

Those who do not know how or do not want to use it - do not use it!

And those who really profit from it - don't need to prove anything.

And the thing is that if a strategy works (sometimes very complex), then it is a big and unreasonable effort, and often impossible to remake it for net profit. After all, stops and trailing stops and signals for strategies can be completely different. Why should I, as a brokerage company client, take the responsibility for netting? Do I have nothing else to do? Is this the way you take care of your clients?

You can earn on lots! This is reality! I am not going to prove and explain how to do it!

voltair писал(а) >>

Those who don't know how or don't want to use it, don't use it!

And those to whom it brings real profit need not prove anything.

My friend, I really want to use the lock to make a profit, but I do not know how. Teach me, do me a favour.

voltair >> :

Absolutely agree! Categorically against banning the use of locos! That is exactly discrimination. Why only the requests of brokerage companies are taken into account, and not traders?

Those who cannot or do not want to use it - do not use it!

And you can earn on locs! This is reality! I am not going to prove and explain how to do it!

You really want to know why they did it?

But in general, you do not want to explain, if you know. You do not have to prove anything, just explain in a nutshell how to properly use the lock to hedge against the MC. The hell with it with big profit - simply by the example tell approximately how to operate.

SProgrammer >> :

Are you really wondering why this was done?

But in general you don't want to explain, if you know. You don't need to prove anything, just explain in a nutshell how to use the lock to hedge against the MC. The hell with it with big profit - simply by the example tell approximately how to operate.

An elementary example. I trade an EA on 2 different TFs. For example on the week and on hourly timeframe. If there is no lockout, I open BUY during the week and have to pass signals from 1 hour timeframe to SELL, so I suffer losses from missed profit.

Or do you want to say that such a situation is not acceptable?

No, it's understandable that one could give examples of how one could open up if such lokas were not banned. It is clear to me. What I don't understand is what the principle point of lots is.

How to use them in order to eliminate temporal losses. I understand that this is what they are talking about here.

SProgrammer >> :

No, it's understandable that one could give examples of how one could open up if such lokas were not banned. It is clear to me. What I don't understand is what the principle point of lots is.

How to use them in order to eliminate temporal losses. That's what I understand, that's what they're talking about.

I think what is being said here is that in principle it is not possible to open a counter position in MT5, a particular case of which is a complete overlap of such positions by volume i.e. LOC

That's what I'm asking - what's the point of having such a lock? What is its use?

SProgrammer >> :

That's what I'm asking - what's the point of having such a lock? What is the use of it?

In the independent existence of experts in one account and instrument.

===

Sounds schizophrenic to me. But on the other hand it is called a portfolio of strategies. Which makes sense in principle. You can hedge with futures or other instruments (as in the case of a carry trade) or (why not?) with a strategy.

A matter of taste and habit, in short.

Do you know the reason why loki was cancelled? Why do you think so?
Reason: