MetaTrader does not reflect reality ! How can I fight this ? - page 12

sab1uk >> :

>> you said you didn't read my stupid posts.

>> I'm convinced. I really don't read your posts, you know why, that's why I miss the good stuff.

LeoV писал(а) >>

I understand you, but it's not realistic. Drawdowns are a common thing in trading. You just have to get used to it. Otherwise, you can search all your life and never find it - but you want to live now....)))))

Well, let me ask you another way. What is the drawdown you are prepared to tolerate, in points? Is a one-minute candle of 2.5 figures bigger than that number? If yes, then we are on the same side of the barricades, but if you have steel ropes instead of nerves, then I'm sorry, I will not go with you. I will never enter the market if my TS has such a drawdown.

Prival >> :

And here the minute candlesticks are 2.5 figures long. Any predetermined stops wreck.

... I can't tolerate any kind of drawdown. I want to do it in such a way that not a single pip goes against me after I have entered the deal. I.e. the first problem is not to lose, and let me worry about profit.

I can hardly catch such minute candlesticks by market entry in the REAL. The only way out is using pending Stop orders but even then we cannot always set them:

Dear clients!

Yesterday during the release of Fed messages there was a sharp spike in market quotes, which caused the trade server to stop. We are working on server optimization during sudden changes to solve this problem.

Please use pending orders, SL and TP and keep your margin level to ensure temporary disconnection will not affect your results significantly.

We apologize for any server outages and inconveniences.

Datacenter technical support...

granit77 писал(а) >>

All right, we've traced the gap in ticks. Who's gonna let us open on it?

Let's look at it this way, not to open, but to close. Do everything in your power to avoid losses, up to and including locking in another brokerage house. When, yes, you did everything you could, you can stand up and take the loss, you took all the measures you had. But you couldn't. Your conscience is clear.

And if you don't keep track of it? It's a pain, it's a headache, but I think it's worth it. Cut the losses, quick, as soon as you can, but cut them. If you don't cut it, you're out. I personally know someone who said goodbye to deapazit yesterday.

I made a promise a long time ago that I would not enter the market until I achieve what I want, even if the balance curve in the tester hits the ceiling, I will not have a black swan. And I must be confident in this, that all in my control I have done, only then will I enter.

Z.U. Failure, well. What a person needs to grow old. a piece of bread, a roof over his head, a beloved wife who has spent his whole life with him, and confidence in the future of their children ... I've got almost all of that, except a roof over my head.

Prival писал(а) >>

OK, let me ask you another way, how much of a drawdown are you prepared to tolerate, in pips? Is a one-minute candle of 2.5 more than that number? If yes it is more, then we are on the same side. I will never enter the market if my TS has such a drawdown.

The drawdown size in pips is a very relative value that does not say anything. You can have drawdown at least 1000 points - it all depends on MM you are using. Here is an example. You have a deposit of 10.000, you work with 0.1 lot. The drawdown of 1000 points is 10% of the deposit. Is it too much or too little?

goldtrader >> :

It is unlikely that such minute candles can be caught by market entries on the REAL. The only way out is by using pending stop orders, and it is not always possible to place them:

If we want to use pending orders, we can place them only if there is only one news in one figure.

but when the comments are for several minutes .... all the pauses will go all the way

LeoV писал(а) >>

The drawdown rate in pips is a very relative value that does not say anything. You can sustain a drawdown of at least 1000 pips, it all depends on the MM you use. Here is an example. You have 10.000 depo, you work with 0.1 lot, the drawdown of 1000 points is 10% of the deposit. Is it much or little?

You may calculate it this way. Using MM you may pull out a bad trading system. My calculation is different - profit in pips and loss in pips. From my point of view it turns out that it takes a lot of effort to earn 2.5 pips, but losses are taken in pips.)

But if you have TS that takes at least 2.5 pips, maybe it will stand a loss. But I repeat 2.5 figures is for me an unacceptable loss. at any MM even if I trade with 0.01 lot from your example. The maximum drawdown, that I allow 30-40 pips and I am not sure about it yet.

Prival писал(а) >>

It is possible to count as well. You can count that way. You can take out a bad trading system with an MM. I think differently - profit in pips and loss in pips. Looking from my point of view, it turns out. to make 2.5 figures it takes a lot of effort, but the loss is one-two and in the hole.)

But if you have TS that takes at least 2.5 pips, maybe it will stand a loss. But I repeat 2.5 figures is for me an unacceptable loss. at any MM even if I trade with 0.01 lot from your example. The maximal drawdown, that I allow 30-40 pips and I'm not sure about it yet.

Why is it bad? It's you who suggest this to yourself. And the MM has nothing to do with it. Look, from September till now this TS has made 6700 pips with maximal drawdown 1050 pips. Is this a good TS or a bad one?

LeoV >> :

... From September to this day, the TS has earned 6700 pips, with a maximum drawdown of 1050 pips. Is this a good TS or a bad one?

>> Very good!

goldtrader писал(а) >>

Very good!

So people come up with incomprehensible, unjustified restrictions, bans and laws, then stick to them, presenting them as the ultimate truth, and then complain that they cannot make money and fight for every pips and every tick.

Reason: