Writing code in Russian. Pros and cons of such a programme. - page 11

Andrey Dik:
You're a funny man. Did you think millions of people have been writing code for decades and everyone is just making up their own stuff?)
It's funny how you try to make something ridiculous that helps you achieve results you've never achieved yourself.

Реter Konow:
It's amusing to see you trying to make a ridiculous point about something that helps you achieve results that you yourself have never achieved before.
I have known about programming standards for a long time. However, I was not familiar with the term "Hungarian Convention", because I studied programming myself and may have missed some of the details taught in universities.

Реter Konow:
It's amusing to see you trying to make a ridiculous point about something that helps you achieve results that you yourself have never achieved before.
You're right. I have never reached the horror of your code, and I don't aspire to it at all.

Andrey Dik:
You're right. I have never reached the horror of your code, and I don't want to.
Explain to me, what are you trying to say? And the main thing for whom? If it is me, you must be more specific and constructive in your arguments. If you want to make the audience laugh by parodying the very idea, you must become a troll. It doesn't bother me. I'm just curious.

I don't understand why you're all trying to change Peter's mind. If he likes it, let him do it his way. Objections like "nobody does it that way" are not convincing at all. If everyone did it, progress would stand still. There is always something new that someone does not do as others do... IMHO.

Peter, create a poll on who is interested in the article, but not with two options. Personally for me make an item "Interesting, but will not use. Everything will fall into place. If there are a lot of people who want to read it, I think the admins won't object to publishing the article.

Alexey Viktorov:

I don't understand why you're all trying to change Peter's mind. So he likes it, let him do it his way. Objections like "nobody does it that way" are not convincing at all. If everyone did it, progress would stand still. There is always something new that someone does not do as others do... IMHO.

Peter, create a poll on who is interested in the article, but not with two options. Personally for me make an item "Interesting, but will not use. Everything will fall into place. If there are a lot of people who want to read it, I think the admins won't object to publishing the article.

Good. The survey will help you understand if you should write an article on a different programming approach at all. Good advice. Thank you.

Uladzimir Izerski:
Few people think about it, but to some extent it leads to Americanisation and weakening of their national interests.

Yeah, Russian-language code used on American computers will strengthen your national interests. Interesting logic.

Arkadii Zagorulko:

Yeah, Russian-language code used on American computers will strengthen your national interests. Interesting logic.

Draw an analogy with the phrase "Profit not earned is also a loss" and the logic is clear...

Alexey Viktorov:

I don't understand why you're all trying to change Peter's mind. So he likes it, let him do it his way. Objections like "nobody does it that way" are not convincing at all. If everyone did it, progress would stand still. There is always something new that someone does not do as others do... IMHO.

I don't have an aim to change my opinion, I just described what I've been doing to simplify code reading. This is experience - even if it's not many years, but 7 years exactly. Besides, similar things are said by coders with much longer experience than I have. And Peter is just a novice, everyone has gone through this.

Реter Konow:
Explain to me what exactly are you trying to get across? And the main thing for whom? If you are trying to reach me, you must be more concrete and constructive in your arguments. If you want to make the public laugh by parodying the very idea, you must become a troll. It doesn't bother me. It's just interesting.
You cannot create a new language that is in demand, with all due respect, unless you invest money which will never pay off. And you can't change existing ones, because they've been polished to a shine for decades.
If you don't want to listen to me, listen to the more experienced ones. Or go on wasting your time. The choice is yours.
Reason: