[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 683

vlandex:

My tone is fine.

What's this form for, then? To redirect to https://www.mql5.com/ru/job?

Let me be the judge of your tone, I can hear what and how you tell me. This forum is for the communication of traders who are passionate about the language of MQL4, and its rules provide for punishing users for ignoring the moderator's remarks. You have been reprimanded for bickering with a moderator, draw conclusions.

NYC:

Good afternoon.

I have recently entered the foreign exchange market and after trying other people's indicators I realized that I should start with theory. I`ve studied Elliott wave principle, Fibonacci´s relations and standard indicators, my next step is Gann and Murray.

Dear experienced traders, what else do you think a beginner should know in order to master markets successfully? Or will they just go on practicing?

I will continue only with practice. Thank you.

The theory without practice is just theory, you can spend your whole life making theoretical statements but you never know if they are correct... If you learn how to trade on demo accounts and at the same time you continue to learn the theory, which is not limited to what you already know, learn to get a stable profit on demo accounts, go to micro/mini accounts, and then, after getting a good hand, getting intuition, you can trade on a real account... Or maybe... you never will...

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                     ReturnsN.mq4 |
//|                                                              Vah |
//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net |
#property copyright "Vah"
#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"

#property indicator_separate_window
#property indicator_buffers 1
#property indicator_color1 DarkOrange
//---- input parameters
extern int       n=1;
//---- buffers
double ExtMapBuffer1[];
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int init()
  {
//---- indicators
   SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM);
   SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer1);
//----
   return(0);
  }
//| Custom indicator deinitialization function                       |
int deinit()
  {
//----

//----
   return(0);
  }
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int start()
  {
   int limit;
   int    counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
//----
   if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;
   limit=Bars-counted_bars;
   for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)
   {
    ExtMapBuffer1[i]=Ret(i);
   }
//----
   return(0);
  }

double Ret(int i0)
{
  int n0=n;
  n0--;
  if (n0==0) 
  {
   return(Close[i0]-Close[i0+1]);
  } // что надо вставить сюда чтобы мне с помощью рекурсии получать разницу порядка  n

}
Please help, what should be inserted into the code to get a difference of order n?

artmedia70:
The theory without practice is just theory, you can spend your whole life giving out theoretical statements but you never know if they are correct... If you learn how to trade on demo accounts and at the same time you continue to learn the theory, which is not limited to what you already know, learn to get a stable profit on demo accounts, go to micro/mini accounts, and then, after getting a good hand, getting intuition, you can trade on a real account... Or maybe... you never will...
I appreciate the answer, but unfortunately these are common words. What other theories apart from the ones I mentioned would you recommend for studying?

NYC:
Thank you for your answer, but unfortunately these are general words. What other theories would you recommend to study apart from the ones I have listed?

It's an individual thing.

OK - here is your TOR - go and open a demo account and start trading on it, using the obtained knowledge. There you will understand for yourself what else it would not hurt to learn...

artmedia70:

This is individual.

OK - here is your ToR - go, open a demo account and start trading on it, using the knowledge you have acquired. There you will find out for yourself what else you need to learn...

OK, thanks :)

artmedia70:

If it's not a secret, reveal the secret of the magic number 50pp...

If you do it at random, on the off-chance, luck... it's not likely to help... Price will touch the order and go the other way. The next question will be "how to set a locking position", then "how to deal with the lock", then you'll be sent to the appropriate branch, and there... The pig-saurus... ...will be there to straighten you out... :))

I think you must first define the distance of a probable reversal/rebound, determine its beginning and place an order several points above/below the price, and then "manage" this order... And not a thoughtless grid. IMHO.

Sorry for the off-topic...

At 100pts it doesn't work, why is that?

vlandex:
At 100pts it doesn't work, why is that?
Show me that code.

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLLIMIT,0.01,Bid+100*Point,3,Ask + 70 * Point,Bid -20 * Point, "blablabla",12345,0,Lime);

vlandex:
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLLIMIT,0.01,Bid+100*Point,3,Ask + 70 * Point,Bid -20 * Point, "blablabla",12345,0,Lime);
what does it say in the log?
Reason: