[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 676

Vinin:

They are definitely saved in MetaTrader\experts\logs

But the logs of the scripts themselves are saved there, and I need the ones that pop up in the window (issued by the alerts).

Or am I looking at it wrong?

Mathers:

But the application logs are saved there, and I need the ones that pop up in the window (issued by the alerts).

Or am I looking at it wrong?

It's hard to say. There is a different file for each day.

Good people !!! Help me solve this problem ! In this code I am changing the lot. I do so ......

//====================================================
// Расчет размера позиции
//====================================================
double CalculateLots(){
   double Res=dLots;
   bool bProfit=true;
   int PrevTime=-1;
   double tmpLots;
   for (int i=0;i<OrdersHistoryTotal();i++){
      if (!OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY)) continue;
      if (OrderSymbol()!=Symbol())                    continue;
      if (OrderMagicNumber()!=MAGIC)                  continue;
      if (OrderCloseTime()<PrevTime)                  continue;
      PrevTime=OrderCloseTime();
      if (OrderProfit()>0) bProfit=true; else bProfit=false;
      tmpLots=OrderLots();
   }
   double Lots_Step=MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOTSTEP);
   if (!bProfit) Res=tmpLots+Lots_Step;
   return(Res);
}

Help ! The thing is that when I change the lot I already have pending orders (with other lots). I need to delete these orders and change the number of lots in them (to a new one), but the parameters remain the same !

a8888:

The report shows that Total loss = 863 and maximum drawdown = 1427. how can this be?

If you look at the balance curve, you can see that the max drawdown is 863.

What kind of glitch is this, can you tell me please, or maybe this is the way it should be?

This is the way it should be. The tester shows the drawdown by equity, not by balance. This is more correct and honest. Balance is dust, equity is all ours.

What is the difference between an EA indicator and a script in terms of the terminal? How does it understand what is what?

What happens if several terminals on different, unconnected computers give

identical login, password, and server settings? Which of them will be able to trade? )

Oper:

What happens if several terminals on different, unconnected computers give

identical login, password, and server settings? Which of them will be able to trade? )

Roughly speaking, everyone

didivi:
Can you advise whether it is possible to divide the opening of trades in the EA, for example, that the EA would open trades only on every second signal?
Sure. I would like to see your code...

rovlent:

Good people !!! Help me solve this problem ! In this code I am changing the lot. I do so ......

Help ! The thing is that when I change the lot I already have pending orders placed (with other lots). I need to delete these orders and change the number of lots in them (to a new one), but the parameters remain the same !

You need to modify the already placed pending orders. OrderModify()

First select the set order, read all its data into the variables and then use OrderModify() to substitute its old data saved in the variables, changing only the lot size into the new data... And so on in a loop for all pending orders available.

I have an interesting (for me) question... If we use monthly and weekly charts, then data obtained from the zero bar of the indicators will change their values as quickly as in the five-minute chart? The question is that if we take data from the first, second, etc. bar, the lag will be as much as a month... What should we do in such a situation? What is of interest is the turning point of the chart, when 1, 2 and 3 bars on the history show the "topmost" motion of the pair, and the zero bar shows the reversal downwards... It turns out that for this indicator (now we consider only one AO) it is not necessary to buy (zero bar crawled down), but we take data from the first, second and third, but they show the outcome of the movement, but still up ... Waiting for confirmation for a month? Remember, in this situation we consider only one indicator...
Reason: