[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 684

stops must be wrong...

If the opening price is +100 pips from the current price, then the stoploss should be + more than 100 pips, and you have it 70+/-spread

keekkenen:

stops must be wrong...

If the opening price is +100 pips from the current price, then the stoploss should be + more than 100 pips, and you have it 70+/spread

Edited...

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLLIMIT,0.01,Bid+100*Point,3,Ask + 70 * Point,Bid -20 * Point, "blablabla",12345,0,Lime);

OrderSend(Instrument,Order Type,Lot,Set Price,Slippage,Stop,Take,Comment,Magik,Expiry Time,Symbol Color);

Stop should probably be set price plus stop size: Bid+(100+70)*Point,

and take - price minus take size: Bid+(100-20)*Point.

And of course this guy's calculation is all wrong, because he calculates stop and take not from the order setting price but from the current Bid and why he needs Ask...

NYC:

Good afternoon.

I have recently entered the foreign exchange market and after trying other people's indicators I realized that I should start with theory. I`ve studied Elliott wave principle, Fibonacci´s relations and standard indicators, my next step is Gann and Murray.

Dear experienced traders, what else do you think a beginner should know in order to master markets successfully? Or will they just go on practicing?

Thank you.

Forget about oscillators, Gann and Elliott for a while. You have to start with the basics - with something called Price Action.

Can you please tell me how to view the "comments" column in the Expert Advisor test results?

I set the comment parameter in OrderSend function parameters, i.e. I want to have a certain comment. In the Strategy Tester I cannot show the comments column (in the test results), while in the real account history I can show the comments column by simple right-clicking and selecting comments, but in the Strategy Tester I don't have that option.

webgreck:

Can you please tell me how to view the "comments" column in the Expert Advisor test results?

I set the comment parameter in OrderSend function parameters, i.e. I want to have a certain comment. In the Strategy Tester I cannot show the comments column (in the test results), while in the real account history I can show the comments column by simple right-clicking and selecting comments, but in the Strategy Tester I don't have that option.

In your EA, make the output to the journal using the Print() function - very effective thing - you do not even need the visualization mode

Such a question !

I search for orders which are open or pending. If they are available, then I determine which order is buy or sell. Under certain conditions (if one is bigger than the other or smaller than the third) I want to close this order. Change the parameters of this order and open it again.

The problem is that there is always a signal to close the order and to open it. That is why my order is being closed and opened again, and so it opens and closes ... )))

How to fix this problem ? Ga

Hello. Can anyone suggest how to work with the ZigZag indicator? It has 3 buffers, as I understand they are responsible for lower, upper and current values of the zigzag, but this is just my guess. I want to write an EA that recognizes shapes but I am not able to do it without knowing what values each buffer generates and how to compare them.

Such a question !

I search for orders which are open or pending. If they are available, then I determine which order is buy or sell. Under certain conditions (if one is bigger than the other or smaller than the third) I want to close this order. Change its parameters and open it again.

The problem is that there is always a signal to close the order and to open it. That is why my order closes, then opens again, and so on, opens and closes ... )))

How to fix this problem ? Ga

Apparently, the first thing to do is to decide how to deal with the wrong signal

Gah)))

To my question on page 684: I looked around the forum, people write that like me, ZZ gives a buffer value of 0, so how do I write an EA?
Reason: