[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 372

spm130275 >>:

Товарищи подскажите.

Допустим имеем результаты оптимизации.

Есть ли возможность отделить мух от котлет по критерию Profit Trades (% of total) ?

I don't think so.

Although, it depends a lot on the trading tactic.

Firstly, "zero trades" in the tester are also considered profitable.

Therefore, we must take as a complex such criteria as the average profit trade size and the size of maximum profit trade.

Otherwise one big "moose" can eat profit of a dozen profitable deals.

And by the "law of meanness", real trading almost always starts from the "first pancake", i.e. from that "moose" that is somewhere in the middle of the history tester run.

Professionals, help!!! I use in my indicator the function WindowPriceMax and WindowPriceMin. The trouble is that when I shift to another period the indicator is first calculated using the previous values of these functions (from the previous period) and only when a new tick comes it uses new values, but it redraws only its last part. What should I do, if I enter a new period, to ensure that the indicator immediately takes the new values of these functions? Is it possible to redraw the whole chart, for example, at the arrival of the first tick on a new period?

kon12 писал(а) >>
Professionals, help!!! I use in my indicator the function WindowPriceMax and WindowPriceMin. The trouble is that when I shift to another period the indicator is first calculated using the previous values of these functions (from the previous period) and only when a new tick comes it uses new values, but it redraws only its last part. What should I do, if I enter a new period, to ensure that the indicator immediately takes the new values of these functions? Can we redraw the whole chart, for example, at the arrival of the first tick in a new period?

Of course it is.

chief2000 >>:

Хотелось бы запретить Советнику торговать в преддверии важных новостей, но не вручную, а автоматически (и без обращения к новостным сайтам).

- Какие признаки могут более-менее достоверно сообщить о возможно выходящих новостях? (значительное расширение спреда, сильные колебания цен в короткие промежутки времени), ..еще что-нибудь?

None.

Suppose two EAs are trading at the same time (for different currencies).

At a certain moment of time the first one has started to open a new order, while the second one at the same time

has to modify the order already opened. As a result, if there is no check of whether the thread is free or not,

there will be error (I think) 146.

- What exactly happens to the thread at this moment? Is it the broker's server or the MT4 server on the trader's

the broker's server or MT4 on the trader's computer? (What stops the second EA's signal?)

I am asking because if this is a local error and does not bother the broker, then probably the worst case

it will only delay the 2nd EA's signal? (only interested in how much of a hindrance to the broker

phenomenon can interfere with the broker)

Thank you!

int start()
  {
   int limit;
   int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
//---- 
   if( counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;
   limit=Bars- counted_bars;
//---- 
   for(int i=0; i< limit; i++)
      Buffer[ i]=Close[ i]/Close[ i+1];
//---- 
   for( i=0; i< limit; i++)

double StdDev=iStdDevOnArray( Buffer,Bars,16,0,MODE_SMA, i);
      Buffer1[ i]= StdDev;
      // не работает...

//... но если сразу написать - Buffer1[i]=iStdDevOnArray(Buffer,Bars,16,0,MODE_SMA,i); то всё в порядке, 
            почему так??? Помогите разобраться!!! Проблема в том что мне необходимо рассчитать несколько стандартных отклонений с 
            разными параметрами, и я не могу использовать для каждого из них отдельный буффер. Заранее Спасибо!

//---- 
   return(0);
  }

Mr-Franklyn писал(а) >>

There was just a division by zero error.

Should have added control

Files:

i+1 can go out of range and therefore ziro divide. I.e. it does go out.

You just need to always use a construction like this

if(denominator!=0) do what you want; else fuck off;

Something my antivirus didn't like about Metalang.exe of all installed MT4 platforms. Re-checked at "www.virustotal.com":

- Can anyone check their (Metalang.exe) files?

chief2000 >>:

Что-то моему антивирусу не понравилось в Metalang.exe всех установленных МТ4 платформ. Проверил на сайте "www.virustotal.com":

- Может ли кто-нибудь проверить свои (Metalang.exe) файлы?

What's the point?

They are all the same inside the build.

There's a confusion in the picture, by the way.

Three are found and two are marked.

And only among the free antivirals.

There's a good chance the signatures are wrong...

Reason: