[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 367

alsu >> :

Think of it as homework:)))))))

Homework done)). Attached is an optimised indicator that saves history. Checked both with internet disconnected and connected, works like clockwork. I have changed your code a little.

I want to thank you and also Sorento for the help.

----------------------------------

Just one small nuance: when starting the terminal, if there is a previously written file, it doesn't overwrite it correctly, so I have to delete the file manually every time. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Files:

May be silly question, but still: no one tried to make a fixture, to send a message from the terminal to ICQ? I would like it very much :) But how to implement it is completely unclear.

Mathers >> :
May be silly question, but nevertheless: nobody tried to make a fixture, so that the message from the terminal was sent to ICQ? Very much it would be desirable :) But how to implement it is absolutely unclear.

1. Install QIPInfium if you haven't already done so

2. Create a separate ICQ account for the terminal

3. Install and configure the MsgBox plugin - detailed instructions

From the Expert Advisor (indicator, script), which should produce signals, write files with the necessary messages in the OutBox folder, as explained in the instructions on the link above. To write to the file outside the terminal directory, you can, for example, use the ZI_File_Functions_Full_Lib library

So, with a bit of google and a bit of creativity, you can do anything you want in four steps with minimal programming:))))

Could you please tell me how to convert an MT4 indicator for MT5?

Friends, good afternoon.

====================================================================

Apologies for the duplication of posts (just a very important question for me at the moment)

====================================================================

Could you please tell me about the Expert Advisor technology?

Do I understand the situation correctly ("work process step by step"):

1. We formulate a trading strategy.

2. Formalize the trading strategy and select the appropriate indicators.

On the basis of these indicators we write an Expert Advisor. 4.

4. Check the performance of the Expert Advisor on the history and perform optimization.

And then it is tested on a demo account in real time.

Now comes the question:

Testing on a demo account on a real account - means round-the-clock work of the computer with running the Expert Advisor for a long time?

(For example, if the TS is designed on H4, then during the day there may be "very few" signals to enter...

How much time we have to run the computer 24 hours a day, to get statistics of deals for analysis?)

How do professionals check their EAs in real time?

Is there really only a solution to this problem - to run the computer 24 hours a day?

Is it possible to make this process "remote" from the computer?

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S. Many thanks to Integer and StatBars for responding.

Dear Professionals, Please advise!!! I use in my indicator the function WindowPriceMax and WindowPriceMin. The trouble is that when I shift to another period the indicator is calculated using the previous values of these functions (from the previous period) and only when a new tick comes it uses the new values, but it redraws only its last part. What should I do, if I move to a new period the indicator takes new values of these functions at once?

Morzh09 >> :

Can this process be made "remote" from the machine?

You can do it on a VPS, for an extra fee :)

There is a condition like this in the code:

if(MathAbs( LotsToClose_Sell)==0   ||   MathAbs( LotsOriginal_Sell- LotsToClose_Sell)<MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT)   ||   MathAbs( LotsToClose_Sell)==MathAbs( LotsOriginal_Sell) ) {
         BreakEvenStatus_Sell  = false;
      }

After finding some weirdness I added all these values to the comment, see picture:

You can see that "MathAbs(LotsToClose_Sell) = 0", but the check condition (whether it equals 0) gives "0 ".

- "Is that how it works?"

there are times when you print crooked places and see 0.0000 = 0 and it doesn't work - false, normalise the values just in case.
Reason: