[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 379

ellizii писал(а) >>

Good night... Night.

Here is the gist of the problem:

I have an Expert Advisor, but its OrderClose() function doesn't work. I don't understand what is the reason. I am very thankful for the help.

Maybe this command tries to close the Bai order. To do this, according to my knowledge, one has to specify the BID price; the Expert Advisor has a fixed price ASK

kon12 писал(а) >>

Люди, помогите!!! Мозги сломал, но знаний не хватает. В индикаторе использую функции WindowPriceMax и WindowPriceMin. Беда в том, что при переходе на другой таймфрейм для начального расчета индикатора эти функции берут данные с предыдущего окна (например, предыдущий график был 4Н и мах и мин окна были допустим 1.4000 и 1.2000, перехожу на D, и мах и мин окна становятся 1.5000 и 1.1000, но сначала индикатор расчитывается по старым значениям мах и мин, и только с приходом нового тика считает новые значения. А нового тика можно ждать долго, например ночью... Как обойти эту заморочку?

Tried everything, all functions for working with charts, WindowFirstVisibleBar, ArrayMaximum etc. It seems that when I switch to a new timeframe, new chart density, etc. before the first tick comes, all the data in memory is old and the first build goes by it. Maybe anyone has any other ideas, advise, I'll give it a try!

kon12 писал(а) >>
Tried everything, all functions to work with charts, WindowFirstVisibleBar, ArrayMaximum etc. It seems that when I move to a new timeframe, new chart density, etc. before the first tick comes, all data in memory are old and the first build goes by them. Maybe anyone has any other ideas, advise, I'll give it a try!

Maybe just don't make it so complicated. Look at the standard WPR, it works fine.

splxgf >>:

Мы о каких-то разных вещах говорим. Если говорить о солярках, то работали они совершенно на другой архитектуре процов, и за счет этой архитектуры 2-3 раза совсем не кажутся удивительными. А вот если бы линух поставили на то же самое железо что и SunOS, то разница была бы не такой значительной.

. . .

I failed to mention that the goal of those tests was not only improved performance under Linux,

but a very significant reduction in hardware and OS costs when switching from Sun to Linux. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Maybe you can explain the following point - if I run two optimizations in parallel, it becomes noticeable

a very heavy access to the HDD - is that normal? Each process takes 30-50 MB of memory, and

About 2 GB of free memory remains and nothing else loads the CPU. I am afraid my disk will crash. What am I

proceed? (Is it worth running two processes at the same time?)

chief2000 >>:
Может Вы сможете объяснить следующий момент - если я запускаю две оптимизации параллельно, становится заметно

очень интенсивное обращение к Жесткому Диску - это нормально? Каждый процесс занимает 30-50 МБ памяти, при том

что свободной памяти остается около 2 ГБ и ничто другое не грузит CPU. Боюсь как бы диск не крякнулся. Что можно

предпринять? (Стоит ли запускать два процесса одновременно?)

Keep a close eye on your memory usage, 40-50 megabytes is good, but for some reason my process takes anywhere from 300 metres to a gig or so. The memory is not enough if the disk reacts like this. View-columns in task manager will help you. The disk will not crash, at least it should not, but it certainly does not increase speed, so it is better to optimize in one terminal.

The optimal solution for testing is a well overclocked quad core CPU and four GB of memory for each viral machine, or wait until the comrades from methaquotes provide that by paralleling the optimization for multiple threads, then you can safely load the multiprocessor server and get the results in much less time, although it will not be the fifth metatrader, but most likely the seventh.

I have just started studying MQL, I built my own EA and in this connection I have a question for professionals:

How to make (or rather, what to write in the code) that when I start the Expert Advisor, a template with a set of indicators is created and loaded in the symbol window.

Or how to load a template when starting the Expert Advisor.

I explained it in a bit of a rusty way

splxgf >>:

Смотри внимательно за расходом памяти, 40-50 мегабайт это хорошо, но почему-то у меня процесс terminal занимает от 300 метров до гига с лишним.

There is one trick which helped to reduce memory significantly during optimization (running optimization on 4 parameters).

It is necessary to close all unnecessary windows and make sure that there are no graphics and indicators in the open ones (to check this, you can leave only one bare window).

open windows to check (you can leave only one naked window to be checked), then set "Max bars in window" in the open ones. Bars in Window" to initial position = 65000 Bars (and "Max Bars in History" to maximum).

in History" to the maximum), and then make sure to reload MT4. Before these changes absolutely the same

optimization took 300+ MB. The memory consumption was checked with Task Manager.

And (this probably has no effect on memory, but can be useful) - before each optimization or test - "Erase all

before each Optimize or Test - "Erase all logs" (sometimes, some temporary error in loop wildly increases the size of these files, and recording in them slows down).

walker_ >>:

...Как сделать так (точнее что прописать в коде), чтоб при запуске эксперта создавался шаблон с набором индикаторов и загружался в окно инструмента.

Или просто как подгрузить шаблон при старте эксперта.

Name the template with the name of the EA, then it will be automatically loaded in the tester when you start the EA with the same name.

granit77 >>:

Назовите шаблон именем советника, тогда в тестере он автоматически подгрузится при старте одноименного эксперта.

That simple? Got it, thanks!

How do you use an EA to create a template?

Hello. Dear programmers, could you please advise whether it is possible to implement in the code of the Expert Advisor to work with any graphic line, whether it is drawn manually or by the indicator? For example, we have a line on the chart (vertical, horizontal, channel or Fibo, for example, and when any line is crossed, the Expert Advisor identified it not by its name, but by the chart and started to work?
Reason: