Do you have any tactics for dealing with the loca? - page 17

Reshetov:
I do not understand the humour. And what is a lock, if not a counter position? Please explain it to illiterate people. We've been trying to understand it for years. I mean, when is it a counter lock and when isn't it always?

If I have a long position and see a good bounce and do not close the long position, I open a short one to get some pips, is this a lock?

If I lose and in a paroxysm of passion I open an additional opposite position, hoping to minimize my losses, is it a lock?

Swetten:
If I have a long position and see a good pullback and, without closing the long position, open a short position and gain pips, is this a lock?

Lock. by definition.

Maybe it's partial, i.e. not on the whole long position volume.

;)

FreeLance:
But the arithmetic will add up. Even on netting - even with counterparts.
By the way, there is a curious table above. Can you recalculate it to netting?

FreeLance:

lock. by definition.

Can be - partial, i.e. not for the entire volume of the long position.

;)

And for me, lock is a shamanic tambourine dance around unrecorded losses. What are we going to do?

Swetten:
By the way, there is a curious table above. Can you recalculate it to netting?

I have already answered. where there was a close at takeprofit, the netting model implies opening that volume in the opposite direction.

Check it on two trades and see for yourself.

FreeLance:

I have already answered. where there was a close at takeprofit, the netting model suggests opening that volume in the opposite direction.

Test it on two trades and see for yourself.

That's not the answer.

By the way, there's a point where four short and one long are open at the same time.

What shall we do?

Swetten:

I'll make a splash: for the duration of the EA, run it on an Alpari demo account, for example.

Run it "at full throttle", in accordance with the creator's intent.

It will be interesting, in my opinion, to compare the results of the normal counter positions with those of the "neutered" Championship ones.

Yes, it could be arranged. There's just one but. Each week the expert will be different. His head will be different. According to the plan, 50 experts must work simultaneously, each analyzing the market as I wrote. They analyse the market in the way I have described. Therefore, on the Championship account and on the competition account there will be different Expert Advisors. Although it's still possible to assess the work of everyone, I agree.

Gans-deGlucker:

You can still evaluate the work of each one, I agree.

I'm sorry, I take that back. I'm sorry, I really am.

Swetten:
As for me, the lock is a shamanic dance with tambourine around the unrecorded losses. What shall we do?

It has to do with a negative perception of the term. nothing more.

The roots of the dispute are in the different psychological perception of the formula "Equity=balance sheet + unallocated finances".

Imho.

joo:

Yes, it can be arranged. There's just one catch. The expert will be different every week. His head will be different. By design, 50 experts have to work simultaneously. They analyse the market in the way I have described. Therefore, on the Championship account and on the competition account there will be different Expert Advisors. Although it's still possible to evaluate the work of each, I agree.

I'm sorry, I take it back. I'm sorry, I really am.

Well, let's open two demo accounts. One - run and forget about it for two months, the second - according to your idea.

No?..

Swetten:

That's not the answer.

By the way, there's a moment where four short ones and one long one are open at the same time.

What do we do?

Count the net position... ;)

----

Have you heard about the cumulative position?

Look closely at my illustrations. you can see it clearly there (especially in the last picture).

Reason: